Returning to UO after 10 years

What does everyone use in place of UOAM and UOAssist?  Anyone please?

Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited February 2021
    Lauren said:

Did you try the Enhanced Client ?

http://web.cdn.eamythic.com/us/uo/installers/20101118/UOEnhancedSetup_4_0_10_1.exe

It is quite comprehensive with Macros and all that.... you can find several Videos on the Web guiding through its use and understanding...... you also have the option to add more features to it by using Pinco's UI ( https://community.stratics.com/forums/pincos-ui.667/ ).

As in regards a Mapping Utility, there is the https://www.uoguide.com/UOCartographer which some like to use.

Welcome back to UO !!
  • Thankyou!!!!
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    We still use UOAM and UOA with the CC.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited February 2021
    If you are starting fresh after so long as I did, I would recommend EC. With that, you don't need any 3rd party program. Otherwise once you return back on Classic, you may get trapped in the classic graphic world and will get "giddy" in 3D games. :D
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    I started with ec.  When looting, it is easy to search the backpacks of the fallen and writing simple spell casting and healing macros is quite easy.  Have not used cc so can’t really say which is best.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    I've played since 97 so I grew up playing CC and that is what I play now. Personally I do not like EC graphics which is why I don't use it but there are really good features associated with EC (like the looting window / pincos). That said, there are some known issues with targeting etc in EC that CC doesn't have.

At the end of the day it's all personal preference choosing a client. Hopefully this wont devolve into a client smearing thread now.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    ^^^^THIS^^^^THIS^^^^THIS^^^^THIS^^^^
  • Lauren said:

I was just looking into UO Assist the other day.  I was planning on downloading it yesterday but something came up.  So, no UO Assist?  Really?
  • PitrPitr Posts: 163
    Welcome Home!
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    keven2002 said:
    I've played since 97 so I grew up playing CC and that is what I play now. Personally I do not like EC graphics which is why I don't use it but there are really good features associated with EC (like the looting window / pincos). That said, there are some known issues with targeting etc in EC that CC doesn't have.

At the end of the day it's all personal preference choosing a client. Hopefully this wont devolve into a client smearing thread now.
    The one thing I was never able to understand, is why it was not made possible to use the Enhanced Client interface, with all of its capabilities, BUT, with the Classic Client graphics....

Most of the people disliking the Enhanced Client, me included, mentioned the EC Graphics as the one thing that keeps them away from using it....

Therefore, one would think, "if" the Developers were to make it possible to use the Enhanced Client but with the Classic Client Graphics, I would imagine that a whole lot more players would end up using the Enhanced Client.....
  • Pitr said:
    Welcome Home!
    thanks! good to be back, so much has changed.