Suggestions of things for UO

GoldieGoldie Posts: 142
edited February 2021 in General Discussions
I would like to suggests a few things to add to UO, if there is a repeat on a suggestion by chance, please bear in mind I didn't want to hijack their post.

here goes :)

A NPC farmer that can be placed in a persons house ( yes I am doing cooking bods )

and/or part of

A pumpkin patch that gives pumpkins (like the rose and other fruit trees)
yes Pear tree that gives pears
A recipe for the plums that come off the plum tree ( just got it woow to cool love it ) cant find recipe for it
a Cherry tree that gives cherry's for cherry pie
a cherry pie recipe
A maple tree that gives maple syrup   and a recipe for it     PANCAKES :)

I think thats it for now :)   

Thank you

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Goldie said:
    I would like to suggests a few things to add to UO, if there is a repeat on a suggestion by chance, please bear in mind I didn't want to hijack their post.

here goes :)

A NPC farmer that can be placed in a persons house ( yes I am doing cooking bods )

and/or part of

A pumpkin patch that gives pumpkins (like the rose and other fruit trees)
    yes Pear tree that gives pears
    A recipe for the plums that come off the plum tree ( just got it woow to cool love it ) cant find recipe for it
    a Cherry tree that gives cherry's for cherry pie
    a cherry pie recipe
    A maple tree that gives maple syrup   and a recipe for it     PANCAKES :)

I think thats it for now :)   

Thank you

Just a small note, plums can currently be used to make wine in the wine barrel.
  • GoldieGoldie Posts: 142
    oh I did not know that
    learn something new every day 
    ty :)

• I Think that would be a neat add, It would make making a garden a really nice perk to have.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited February 2021
    Another neat addition as far as plants go, could be adding to Gardening as a resources providing plant, WHEAT....

It would give, of course, Wheat seeds, and, as a Resource, Wheat Sheafs.

By the way, wheat sheaves can already now be processed by players using a Flour Mill and they produce a Sack of Flour.....
    popps said:

By the way, wheat sheaves can already now be processed by players using a Flour Mill and they produce a Sack of Flour.....
    And can be gathered from farmers' fields in several places.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    popps said:
    Another neat addition as far as plants go, could be adding to Gardening as a resources providing plant, WHEAT....

It would give, of course, Wheat seeds, and, as a Resource, Wheat Sheafs.

Wheat is in Farmers fields.  That's how you make exceptional bags of flour for BODs with wheat and the mill.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited February 2021
    oh ya I like that idea also wheat patch.  I grow resources
     flax cocoa vanilla........ 

the pumpkin patch and wheat patch be cool for thanksgiving and Halloween decorating also
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited February 2021
    Mariah said:
    popps said:

And can be gathered from farmers' fields in several places.

Indeed, but that does not mean that it could not be made a new gardening plant for the fun of players enjoying that and wanting to grow it...

For example, Sacks of Sugar can be found as a resource in the World just like Wheat Sheaves, yet, as we know, Sacks of Sugar can be gotten as a resource from growing Sucar Cane...

Or Bolt of Cloth, which one can buy from NPC Tailors but also make from sheaving wool from sheep and working the wool on a spinning wheel or, from flax and spool of thread by growing Flax Plants....

What I am trying to say is, that the fact the something can be obtained somehow already, has not stopped so far from making it also available from Gardening thus increasing the enjoyment for those players who have fun playing gardening in Ultima Online...

I think it would be fun growing wheat of one's own to get wheat seeds and wheat sheaves to then work in one's own Flour Mill to then produce home made Sacks of Flour.....
    Mariah  hi thanks for the wine suggestion  been looking into it,  I have a question what buffs does the wine give your char or what does it do?
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I think all alcohol in game affects your mana negatively iirc
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Goldie said:
    Mariah  hi thanks for the wine suggestion  been looking into it,  I have a question what buffs does the wine give your char or what does it do?
    Makes you hiccup just like and alcohol drink.  No buffs.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    I'm sorry, the wine is no different in effect than that bought from the local tavern, so more roleplay than useful.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I suggested last year, pumpkin seeds for Halloween. We shouldn't have to farm something for carveable pumpkins when we can simply grow them.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    1) Shard Bound Jumu Sacred Hide with No Durability (no 255/255).
    2) Shard Bound Bane Dragon which can wear Dragon Barding.
    3) Shard Bound Royal Lieutenant Sash with no durability
    4) Cameo Fey Slayer non shard bound
    5) Sash with +5 sdi
    6) Sorcerer Glove with +10 SDI
    7) Weight reduction satchel for Leather
    8) Double strength luck statue adds 1 hour and 2x luck.
    9) Antique to Brittle converter potion

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    edited February 2021
    Seth said:
    5) Sash with +5 sdi

Love # 3/4/5. I'd like to add 4b to be an Eodon Slayer cameo (sorry been doing T-Chest in Eodon and it is rough for any warrior)
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    keven2002 said:
    Seth said:
    5) Sash with +5 sdi

Love # 3/4/5. I'd like to add 4b to be an Eodon Slayer cameo (sorry been doing T-Chest in Eodon and it is rough for any warrior)

yeah, that will be nice. I think I have another longer wishlist but it was lost.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited February 2021

lol @seth, I like how you have adapted to shard bound ! :D

good ideas, though I don't like the shard bound bits, but yes, I get your reasoning.

As the owner of an original 1p {3) Shard Bound Royal Lieutenant Sash with no durability} - I'm not so chuffed with this one! But I get it for sure, if it happens it happens. I understand why you would put it there - the same reason I paid 1 Plat in the first place for one.

1) Shard Bound Jumu Sacred Hide with No Durability (no 255/255). - Yep Good, I get your logic.

4) Cameo Fey Slayer non shard bound - Brilliant.

5) Sash with +5 sdi - Good.
    6) Sorcerer Glove with +10 SDI - Good.

9) Antique to Brittle converter potion - Go the whole Hog - Any Negative to Clean - I'd pay for this.

Nice ideas.