Calling all Ultima players to ask the Dev's to change house IDOC rules

2»

Comments

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    A raffle is defeated by having multiple accounts. 
    A limit to the number of houses per master account is defeated by having multiple master accounts.
    A limit to the number of master accounts per credit card is defeated by using multiple virtual credit cards.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216

TimSt said:
    A limit to the number of houses per master account is defeated by having multiple master accounts.
    A limit to the number of master accounts per credit card is defeated by using multiple virtual credit cards.
    I can agree on the distortion to the Raffle concept coming fron the First point, but I don't see the issues in the Second & Third ones, considering that we are speking in any case of full paid Accounts...

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    The Raffle System will never work, how many of you got one of those FREE Castles and how many of them are still around.  The raffle to be fair will have to include all paying accounts and the player that gets it might not even play on the shard that gets the house just like the free Castles.  People were posting on stratics trying to sell them but the catch was you had to take possession of the Castle with the account that won it so you were forced to open an account just to hold your old house so you didn't lose it so a lot of the Castles were not claimed, not to mention those accounts that auto pay and the account owner was on a break from UO and had no idea they won one.
    Bilbo said:
    The Raffle System will never work, how many of you got one of those FREE Castles and how many of them are still around.  The raffle to be fair will have to include all paying accounts and the player that gets it might not even play on the shard that gets the house just like the free Castles.  People were posting on stratics trying to sell them but the catch was you had to take possession of the Castle with the account that won it so you were forced to open an account just to hold your old house so you didn't lose it so a lot of the Castles were not claimed, not to mention those accounts that auto pay and the account owner was on a break from UO and had no idea they won one.

Yup. On some Low Pop Shards both the Malas & the Marbe Island Castles are long gone. The MI ones were re-placeable and so some of them have been replaced, the Malas ones, no, FWIK...
  • Raffle will never work on your way. I probably have over 100 different MASTER account as you say. some people just need to learn how to play the game and how the game mechanic works.
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 883
    edited February 2021
    Raffle will never work on your way. I probably have over 100 different MASTER account as you say. some people just need to learn how to play the game and how the game mechanic works.
    you might have over 100 different master accts, but how many PAID SUBSCRIBED accts do you have running

EJ banned from placing so its just what You pay for.   5? 6?  thats better odds than trying to beat scripting right now.

If you have 100 paid accounts running right now then you need to go get help :)

so a lottery system like the SA houses is a much fairer way to allocate housing than what Is happening right now. 
  • I don't have many posts, tho I'm a vet from 1997, we really need IDOC change so these scripters don't win, so I came to the forums.

• If you have 100 paid accounts running right now then you need to go get help 

I am not the only one with 100+ PAID accounts. There is quite few people with more, we all know that Hitomi own 180 houses on atlantic alone. so yes, you have no idea what you talking about, as usual.

• If you have 100 paid accounts running right now then you need to go get help 

I am not the only one with 100+ PAID accounts. There is quite few people with more, we all know that Hitomi own 180 houses on atlantic alone. so yes, you have no idea what you talking about, as usual.

you forgot to quote my smily face, I was not being offensive or confrontational. However I am stunned 100 paid accts. wow

must be using game gold for time codes surely? otherwise you alone must be keeping the game afloat finacially!
  • I don't know how to fix it, but any hints for placing would be appreciated. I've missed out on the last few on Atlantic as I'm looking to upgrade the size of my house. 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited February 2021
    TimSt said:
    This is how any lottery system works. If you have the money to buy so many tickets to increase the odds of winning, good for you. It is fair.

I had 4 paid accounts bidding for SA house and still lost to someone who I am sure doesn't have 4 paid accounts like me. I am OK with this.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • King said:

also, I can place 3 or more houses on 1 single account, do you know how?  NO, because you have no clue about game mechanics.

Bravo, you’ve openly told everyone your an exploiter. Even better, you reminded me of an exploit I’d meant to report but had completely forgotten about since I took my break from UO a couple years ago.

I log in these forums once a month or so just to keep in touch even tho I’ve not played my accounts in over 2 years (yes, I have always kept paying every month even when I take my breaks).

I just wanted to thank you for reminding me about that exploit I’d heard of several years ago & forgot to report b/c I stopped playing. I’ll get that email off to our Lady M asap. 

Thanks and well done bro !

PS @Mesanna or @Kyronix or any of the team want know more just hmu here in a PM and I’ll get back asap.

If you have 100 paid accounts running right now then you need to go get help 

And how many of those accounts play the 90 day renew game.  So you are trying to get me and others to believe that you pay $12,000 to EA for all of your 100 accounts, I think not
  • Bilbo said:

And how many of those accounts play the 90 day renew game.  So you are trying to get me and others to believe that you pay $12,000 to EA for all of your 100 accounts, I think not
    $12x100 is $1,200. just sayin . . .
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Bilbo said:

The "the 90 day renew game" is nor an exploit nor a violation of any TOS point. It is simply a way, in total respect of every UO Rules, to manage ones Accounts as one seems fit.
    edited February 2021
    So complicated... lol.

The question is how to fairly award a falling house in uo. A lottery system based on paid account make sense....at least until the dev can deal with the exploits, then it can revert to the old click and place method. 

Just focus on a better solution if you have any. How on earth the discussion deviated to talk about how many accounts one can pay...

If anyone is so rich he can probably sponsor one whole shard and all the houses are his... lol. 

edited February 2021
    Seth said:
    So complicated... lol.

The question is how to fairly award a falling house in uo. A lottery system based on paid account make sense....at least until the dev can deal with the exploits, then it can revert to the old click and place method. 

Just focus on a better solution if you have any. How on earth the discussion deviated to talk about how many accounts one can pay...

If anyone is so rich he can probably sponsor one whole shard and all the houses are his... lol. 

One of the worst kept "dirty secrets" (here in Italy we would say "Pulcinella's Secret" :D ) is that on many Shards so it is... :) ;)
    Ivenor said:
    Seth said:
    So complicated... lol.

One of the worst kept "dirty secrets" (here in Italy we would say "Pulcinella's Secret" :D ) is that on many Shards so it is... :) ;)

Wow... Pulcinella's Secret - learn something new today :)
    Seth said:
    Ivenor said:
    Seth said:
    So complicated... lol.

Wow... Pulcinella's Secret - learn something new today :)

It's the equivalent of the English "Open Secret" locution, but with roots in Art Comedy & Goldoni's work: https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=it&tl=en&u=https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Segreto_di_Pulcinella
    :)
    Bilbo said:

I took into account that each account used 6 mo renewals so that would be &120.00 a year per account.
    Ivenor said:
    Bilbo said:

The "the 90 day renew game" is nor an exploit nor a violation of any TOS point. It is simply a way, in total respect of every UO Rules, to manage ones Accounts as one seems fit.
    EXCUSE ME  Did I say it was an exploit or against the rules to do 90 days NO I DID NOT so stop trying to stir shit where there is none.

Bilbo said:
    Ivenor said:
    Bilbo said:

EXCUSE ME  Did I say it was an exploit or against the rules to do 90 days NO I DID NOT so stop trying to stir shit where there is none.

Apologies if you took offense: I wasn't attacking you personally, but the de facto implicit stigmatizations of Players that manage in that way their Accounts.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    edited February 2021
    Bilbo said:
    Bilbo said:

I took into account that each account used 6 mo renewals so that would be &120.00 a year per account.
    I realized what you meant like 10 seconds after i couldn't edit the post. my apologies  *swears off early morning posting*

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Bilbo said:
    Bilbo said:

I realized what you meant like 10 seconds after i couldn't edit the post. my apologies  *swears off early morning posting*

Yea I am hell with out my morning joe
    Bilbo said:
    Bilbo said:

And with this we can officially declare today the "Apologize to Bilbo Day"... :D ;)
  • A ton of players I talk to in my guild or in gen chat say 'Yea scripters gotta, go', 'Something needs to be done', etc etc, but none of them are coming to the forums to express their opinions
    edited February 2021
    The problem is that it seems a few players always get the IDOC house, and it is suspected scripters are the cause. In any case, scripts are used for advanced macro e.g. mining, etc. If they can block this, they would have done so 10 years ago? I think its very hard to block this since everyone is still insist on using a 1997 classic software.

In short, it would be best to work around this by doing the raffle :D
  • Yea, I guess the only fair way to do this and get rid of scripters once and for all is to have a raffle system in place. If you side with the scripters, keep the current rules or change it to be fair for all and have a raffle system in place.