Pick you valentine's weekend thief now!

keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
edited February 2021 in General Discussions
Post the name of your favorite (or most hated) V-Day thief from this past weekend. I didn't have any of mine stolen so I cannot vote. Be sure to give their name and shard.

>:) 

Comments

• Atlantic "Dan" something I can't remember his name.

He chased me around Yew for 10 minutes, and then my dummas ran back into heartwood where I thought I could call the guards but he stole it as soon I got in there. The guards just looked at me like, what? lol
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    haha
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Atlantic "Dan" something I can't remember his name.

He chased me around Yew for 10 minutes, and then my dummas ran back into heartwood where I thought I could call the guards but he stole it as soon I got in there. The guards just looked at me like, what? lol

:D
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Dapper Dan I think.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited February 2021
    Dunno the Thief name, but on ATL I got my first T-Doll smoothly, I run like hell far away from Yew, paused 1 sec to check it, opened the Insurance Gump, checked its box, was ready to click the OK button and... POOF! the critter disappeared under my eyes... :'( :D

• PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited February 2021
    I like to camp my Elf char with GM Detect Hidden/GM Tracking near the clicky (gotta walk within 1 tile of me to get to clicky, super high passive Detect chance then), and spam Reveal spell. Funny as hell.

Ivenor said:
    Dunno the Thief name, but on ATL I got my first T-Doll smoothly, I run like hell far away from Yew, paused 1 sec to check it, opened the Insurance Gump, checked its box, was ready to click the OK button and... POOF! the critter disappeared under my eyes... :'( :D

If he was able to keep up with you while stealthed as you mount ran, then he was probably using a Stealth Run script. Probably a script to keep tabs on your backpack and steal the doll out of it too the moment he came within reach.

Ivenor said:

If he was able to keep up with you while stealthed as you mount ran, then he was probably using a Stealth Run script. Probably a script to keep tabs on your backpack and steal the doll out of it too the moment he came within reach.

Not sure if the thief was actually stealth or not in this case but if he was simply chasing you not hidden there is no script needed there. Simple as Use Skill (Stealing) + Target last
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited February 2021
    I won't stop if I can see a thief running behind. He could be invis and shadow jump to chase u. But using this method to catch up and steal within 1 sec is quite tough.... unless your bag has nothing but just the reward.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Seth said:
    I won't stop if I can see a thief running behind. He could be invis and shadow jump to chase u. But using this method to catch up and steal within 1 sec is quite tough.... unless your bag has nothing but just the reward.

S/he was invisible (or my eyesight is falling more quickly that I thought... :'( ) and, yes, my BP had only the T-Doll inside: I made that Toon only to go to the Clicky...
    Seth said:
    Hmmm... are you the person I chased from Yew to almost Britain before I was able to grab your statue?! I thought I had it quite a few times but got the message I wasn't close enough. That was an exhilarating chase indeed, thank you if that was you! 
  • Look at this guy. Starts his own thread hoping to get himself feelsgood good boy points for welfare steals. Pepegon.
    keven2002 said:
    Seth said:
    Hmmm... are you the person I chased from Yew to almost Britain before I was able to grab your statue?! I thought I had it quite a few times but got the message I wasn't close enough. That was an exhilarating chase indeed, thank you if that was you! 

Could be! Thanks to you for the beating: the morale surely improved... for once! :D
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    I lost one to a thief on Cats - but he didn't get the second I went for, though he was there :D.  I went in with my old santa claus char. Hid next to the click (lucky to get hiding off first try with JoaT) then just waited a short time before I clicked it. I had 'toggle item insurance' on a hot key.
    I haven't done all shards, because I really don't want them on all shards, but if anyone has lost one, I have 2 postive and 1 negative karma on Atlantic, one positive on Cats and 2 positive on Chessy. 
  • Is this thing over already?  It's only been 3 days
    Between work and RL stuff I never had a chance to do it

Is this thing over already?  It's only been 3 days
    Between work and RL stuff I never had a chance to do it
    What shard?
  • Atlantic
    Unless i'm missing something.  Clicked everything on that deck

edited February 2021
    Go to Luna Gate - Char name?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Jebaited said:
    Look at this guy. Starts his own thread hoping to get himself feelsgood good boy points for welfare steals. Pepegon.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    I didn't picture you as a person that would create a new account to take a shot at someone @Pawain
  • Pawain said:
    Dapper Dan I think.

This is him! lol
    keven2002 said:
    I didn't picture you as a person that would create a new account to take a shot at someone @ Pawain