Well... I guess this is it with this valentine gift

Yes, i had my gift stolen in Atlantic.

I'm not a feluca player and play only pvm And i would like to say to @kryonix or others devs that i play the game to have fun, to de-stress and i get my gift stolen. 

i know this is the game and accept it but put this event only in feluca wasn't fun for me and maybe for the other players that doesn't play in feluca and had their gift stolen to. 

I am only post this because here is the space where players can comunicate with devs. This is my feedback.
«1

Comments

  • PawainPawain Posts: 5,109
    They listened to feedback so they did this. @popps has made multiple give thieves and rogues love threads.  He got what he asked for.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 910
    edited February 13

    Don't think it's fair to put it on Popps tbh, there are a lot of thieves out there, and a lot of Felucca players out there.

    And Popps is usually talking about PvM rogues - which actually I play also, and enjoy.

    If Felucca is as deserted as you all say it is, I don't see how you are having any issues doing this.

    Don't you think double clicking clicky things for instant risk free gifts is just a bit innane? Is this really how you see UO?

    Think about the game, play it.

    And maybe the last 15 years of having everything in Trammel wasn't fun for Felucca players either.

  • poppspopps Posts: 2,619
    Pawain said:
    They listened to feedback so they did this. @ popps has made multiple give thieves and rogues love threads.  He got what he asked for.
    Seriously ?

    THIS is what I said on this specific topic..... https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/53046/#Comment_53046

    We are talking about GIFTS, and more specifically VALENTINE gifts...

    Now, may I ask what the "Valentine" holiday is all about ?

    Is it about hatred, ill doing, or anything that would aggravate someone ?

    To my knowledge, it is about "love", that is, being nice, well put towards others.

    The very LAST thing that I would have expected, for a VALENTINE gift, is that Ultima Online would have put them in Felucca and not make them blessed "off the bat" to prevent them from being stolen...

    AND, on top of that, that they would have been made 1 Valentine Gift per account and not per character which it means that, if a player gets his or her only and sole possible 2021 Valentine gift get stolen, they are totally out of luck for good because they cannot try with another character....

    Of course, this is just MY opinion on the topic.... and I agree with the OP, I see games as a way to relax, enjoy and stress out from the hurdles, problems and responsibilities of real life.... and NOT to end up in a virtual world where one only gets more stress and more aggravation.... I get plenty of that from real life already, I do not need to pay my hard earned money to get further aggravated and upset in a "game" that should supposedly enjoy and entertain me, in my "free" time....

    But that is how " I " see it, others of course may see it differently.

    But I do not get surprised when the "game" then might further loose players' base and resources from subscriptions because more players, rather then having a good and relaxing time playing it, end up getting stressed out and frustrated because of its mechanics, and decide that they want to spend their money and time in a better way, other then that "game", that would actually bring them enjoyment, and not frustration and aggravation in that free entertainment time that they have....
  • poppspopps Posts: 2,619
    Cookie said:

    Don't you think double clicking clicky things for instant risk free gifts is just a bit innane? Is this really how you see UO?

    No, I do not think it would be innane.

    Why ?

    Because it is meant to be a GIFT.

    A Gift, by definition, is a FREEBIE. Something you get given with no strings attached, at least to my opinion....otherwise, at least to my viewing, it ceases to be a "gift".......

    Call it something else, but no longer a gift.

    That is at least how I see it.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 910

    @popps - it's bred a serious sense of entitlement though...

    Romeo and Juliet - every great Love story is about overcoming the odds, not fluffy teddy bears on pink beds. :)


  • poppspopps Posts: 2,619
    edited February 13
    Cookie said:

    @ popps - it's bred a serious sense of entitlement though...

    Romeo and Juliet - every great Love story is about overcoming the odds, not fluffy teddy bears on pink beds. :)


    To my understanding, a Valentine Gift is something we use to show to someone who.we care about, our good feelings towards them.

    This, if we want to talk about "Valentine" gifts...., IMHO....

    And I personally find it sad, towards what this Holiday is supposed to mean, at least to my opinion, that what should be a carrier of good feelings becomes instead, in Ultima Online, a tool of aggravation and upsettiness for some players who end up having it stolen from them because of the mechanics chosen to provide this "gift" to players .... to my viewing, it defies what this holiday is supposed to stand for.....
  • vortexvortex Posts: 85
    Maybe I'm evil but I really hope someone steals popps Cupid.....
  • looploop Posts: 104
    Okay, guys, we can dive into a semantic analysis of the word 'gift' and the meaning of Valentine's Day, but it's a tad much.

    These handouts are the barest minimum of content, and if the devs can't do the barest minimum without players getting bent out of shape then we're in for some problems when they actually do something of note.

    There hasn't been any meaningful Fel content since like, what... power scrolls became a thing? So a player might lose out on some useless deco that looks out of place to begin with. You were in Fel and weren't prepared. Next time you will be.
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,433
    edited February 13
    If you have multi accounts you can take this part again.  Also this quest is on every shard and they are not shard bound.  I know this as I ran every shard on my EM follower account (I have at least one char per shard that can travel and fight there) and got one every shard except Mugen.  Sadly they do not have the ID of the shard with the name like previous V day rewards.

    On Sonoma I ran all five accounts and killed two who attack me. Just hide or invis before you click on it, then send it to the bank or insure it.

    Just remember the above and have the word "Guards" ready!  
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,048
    edited February 13
    As I wrote, I got repeatedly mugged. I have even been killed by wandering Orks trying to escape the Thieves. I got the impression to be living in a Imanewbie 'toon.

    But I was aware that those were the RoE of this Valentine Gift, so I HAD FUN in it.

    The Grinch-stolen 2020 Winter Token, that IMO was a very crude & cruel joke, not this little slapstick carnage! :)

    Anyway Popps could have a little reason too: I got the impression that in choosing this way to give THIS kind of Gift there was at least just a little "coming back" form the Devs, of the kind of "Shove it up, bunch of CryBabies never satisfied be ANY of our choices!".

    If this was it... well, point taken: frankly we ALL at least just a little deserved it... :D ;)

    BTW: @Devs - OK, now that you got FOR ONCE ("Semel in Anno Licet Insanire") your fun with the whining players BACK TO SATISFY EVERY OUR WHIM, as it is OUR RIGHT, OK! :D

  • XrisXris Posts: 128
    My gifts were stolen, I'm not mad though. @Pawain wrote out a macro to help insure faster. I thought I could get in and out without it. Incorrect.I didnt see mine hit my pack, and I walked the areas for stealthers. I like seeing people in fel, and I like thieves have something to do. I ended up just buying what I wanted for a few hundred k on atl. I liked this approach even though I lost my pixels.
  • poppspopps Posts: 2,619
    edited February 13
    loop said:
    There hasn't been any meaningful Fel content since like, what... power scrolls became a thing? So a player might lose out on some useless deco that looks out of place to begin with. You were in Fel and weren't prepared. Next time you will be.
    I have said it many times that I am OK with Deco stuff or Titles to be used as a means to attract players to Felucca, NOT items needed to enhance a players' gameplay like Scrolls or Power are or other items which players need to enhance their gameplay.

    Yet, while the Cupids from the 2021 Valentine Gift "might" be considered as "Deco", I think that the words "Valentine" and "Gift" that they come with, make them items with a greater meaning attached to them, as just "mere" Deco items used to make them become a tool to get players go to Felucca to then become gameplay targets for other players....

    That is, in my opinion, "if" they were picked to become a tool to bring players to Felucca even though that ruleset facet is not the one they take enjoyment to play into, I personally find this has been a poor choice, considering what the words "Valentine" and "Gift" attached to these Cupids are supposed to mean and stand for.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 5,109
    edited February 13
    Someone should try a invis potion. They are cheap at the alchemists in Luna. There are portals in Luna to say fel yew mint.

    I have done all the shards that I can transfer to. So I have no way to test the invis potion.

    If it does remove your paperdoll and backpack from a thiefs view, it should work, even if you appear when you click the Cupid. 
  • looploop Posts: 104
    popps said:
    loop said:
    There hasn't been any meaningful Fel content since like, what... power scrolls became a thing? So a player might lose out on some useless deco that looks out of place to begin with. You were in Fel and weren't prepared. Next time you will be.
    I have said it many times that I am OK with Deco stuff or Titles to be used as a means to attract players to Felucca, NOT items needed to enhance a players' gameplay like Scrolls or Power are or other items which players need to enhance their gameplay.

    Yet, while the Cupids from the 2021 Valentine Gift "might" be considered as "Deco", I think that the words "Valentine" and "Gift" that they come with, make them items with a greater meaning attached to them, as just "mere" Deco items used to make them become a tool to get players go to Felucca to then become gameplay targets for other players....

    That is, in my opinion, "if" they were picked to become a tool to bring players to Felucca even though that ruleset facet is not the one they take enjoyment to play into, I personally find this has been a poor choice, considering what the words "Valentine" and "Gift" attached to these Cupids are supposed to mean and stand for.

    Yeah, I think you're just too deep into it, I'm afraid. I mean, it's a gift because it's an item created around the context of a holiday and because it takes minimal effort to get. It's copy-and-paste fluff. If we called it a "Festivity Handout" or whatever players would be complaining that they didn't get their "gift"!

    In a sense, your perspective is understandable, though. The game has gone years and years where regular content was seemingly forbidden from Fel, and now that there's the tiniest thing that takes place in Fel it seems out of place. However, perhaps this is an opportunity for the devs to curtail that perception by having more regular content in Fel, rather than less.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 672
    I just love how so many people are complaining about:

    -useless deco for a gift
    -a gift that looks like our ex-president
    -a gift that looks like it's VERY happy to see you ;)

    Yet here you are trying to get that same gift and complaining when you lose it...

    ....I just don't understand....

    I personally don't care for the positive karma one, not because it has weird hair and a scary face, but it has that weird stand on it and it's a bit too big for my liking.

    I don't care for the negative karma one only because I have dark walls and you can't see it.

    BUT I am very happy that they gave us gifts, that they did it in such a way to let people have fun with it and figure out ways to keep it from getting stolen,  even writing a macro? 

    I will shard trade with anyone who wants to :)

    So thanks team, happy Valentines Day!  <3



  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 322
    You got what ya asked for! Love for thieves!  Btw, I love this, wtg team! For what it's worth, these will be for sale on vendors soon really cheap. Just buy one if ya lost it in a couple weeks.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 5,109
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    They listened to feedback so they did this. @ popps has made multiple give thieves and rogues love threads.  He got what he asked for.
    Seriously ?
         Seriously! You quote something you said after you got love for Thieves added?
    Here is what you said about thieves being bored because there is not enough content:

    Meaning, at least to my viewing, that I would imagine that the average Thief would get there pretty bored, having a hard time to find targets or anything of some value to steal on that Shard...

    You made a thread here about giving Thieves love:
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/7840/devs-to-give-thieves-some-love-why-dont-you-make-the-ice-drops-spawn-in-dungeon-chests/p1

    There are many posts you made about giving Rogues more content but the search feature here is not that great to find stuff fast.

    You asked for more thief love they delivered.  You should know they are not going to make things easy like YOU want, they will design things as they see fit with your ideas.

    That's why I hate threads about useless skills being used again.  They will make them used again, they should remove camping and taste ID, item ID, and others instead.

    The devs promised to Give thieves love and now they have.
  • poppspopps Posts: 2,619
    Pawain said:
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    They listened to feedback so they did this. @ popps has made multiple give thieves and rogues love threads.  He got what he asked for.
    Seriously ?
         Seriously! You quote something you said after you got love for Thieves added?
    Here is what you said about thieves being bored because there is not enough content:

    Meaning, at least to my viewing, that I would imagine that the average Thief would get there pretty bored, having a hard time to find targets or anything of some value to steal on that Shard...

    You made a thread here about giving Thieves love:
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/7840/devs-to-give-thieves-some-love-why-dont-you-make-the-ice-drops-spawn-in-dungeon-chests/p1

    There are many posts you made about giving Rogues more content but the search feature here is not that great to find stuff fast.

    You asked for more thief love they delivered.  You should know they are not going to make things easy like YOU want, they will design things as they see fit with your ideas.

    That's why I hate threads about useless skills being used again.  They will make them used again, they should remove camping and taste ID, item ID, and others instead.

    The devs promised to Give thieves love and now they have.
    One thing is asking love for thieves, an entire OTHER thing is then seeing Holiday GIFTS be allowed to be taken away from players !!

    And, by the way, in that one Thread of mine that you mentioned, I specifically indicated, as a possible way to go to give to thieves/Rogues something to do, the ability to get Dynamic ToT Events drops as an alternate way to having to fight to get them....

    I never suggested to make it possible for thieves to steal fellow players' Holiday Gifts.... which I am against, because "gifts", to my opinion, are freebies which should be offered with no strings attached.... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 5,109
    edited February 13
    popps said:
    One thing is asking love for thieves, an entire OTHER thing is then seeing Holiday GIFTS be allowed to be taken away from players !!
    That's why you have to be wise about what you ask for.  They are not going to give you an easy way to get drops.  Thieves steal from players.  They set the limits on the ideas we give them, we don't.
  • poppspopps Posts: 2,619
    edited February 13
    Pawain said:
    popps said:
    One thing is asking love for thieves, an entire OTHER thing is then seeing Holiday GIFTS be allowed to be taken away from players !!
    That's why you have to be wise about what you ask for.  They are not going to give you an easy way to get drops.  Thieves steal from players.  They set the limits on the ideas we give them, we don't.
    Thieves do not have to steal from players, necessarily, they can also steal from Monsters, provided that the Design of these mechanics and the stolen rewards from NPCs make it worth it for the thieves....

    There can surely be an interesting PvM thief made available to players....

    Not to mention, the ability for thieves to steal spawnable artifacts in many places....

    I am not saying that there should not be also a Thief gameplay that can steal from players, but that is to be limited for Felucca ruleset only....
  • PawainPawain Posts: 5,109
    popps said:
    I am not saying that there should not be also a Thief gameplay that can steal from players, but that is to be limited for Felucca ruleset only....
    And we have it right now. There has to be  a reason to go to fel or the thieves have no target.

    Just like you requested.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Just go to another shard and get them, they are all the same.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,288
    They are incredibly easy to get.  I created three brand new unskilled characters on Great Lakes and they had no problem getting the gifts.  The process was simple:
    1. Create the character so it shows up in New Haven
    2. If using the EC assign the 'toggle item insurance' action to a function key
    3. Drop off the 1000 gold at the bank
    4. Go to the moongate and gate to Luna
    5. Find public crystal portal
    6. say 'fel yew mint'
    7. go to heartwood
    8. quickly walk around the platform looking for invisible thieves.
    9. click on the clicky
    10. insure the gift.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 5,109
    6a.  Kill a cat or dog to get neg Karma.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 455
    Keep looking for reasons to continue playing this game.  How about a holiday event that rewards players that prey on other players. Yea that should do it.  Well, I guess you know what think you can do with your gift so I won’t waste keystrokes spelling it out.
  • poppspopps Posts: 2,619
    Pawain said:
    popps said:
    I am not saying that there should not be also a Thief gameplay that can steal from players, but that is to be limited for Felucca ruleset only....
    And we have it right now. There has to be  a reason to go to fel or the thieves have no target.

    Just like you requested.
    What I am saying is, that it should have been some other Deco stuff.... NOT a Holiday "Gift".....

    Gifts are gifts, freebies, they come, as I see it, with no strings attached, period.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 686
    @popps - you should know by now there are ALWAYS strings attached  :D

    I love they made this content a fel clicky. I have quite a few "extra" statues if anyone wants to replace their lost "gifts". 
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 952
    edited February 14
    I haven't had a Valentine card or gift RL since I was 14.  My husband tells me he loves me every day, I don't need a gift in or out of game.
    However, I have collected the gifts on a couple of shards and will happily give what I have to anyone who's gift was stolen. Unfortunately I don't have the 40+ accounts that cynics credit me with, but I can manage 2 on most shards. Send me the coords of your mailbox if you have one and I'll drop the gift in it.
  • TjalleTjalle Posts: 60
    The devs make all the decisions on what to implement or not, not the players.
    What someone may or may not have said on a forum or an ingame meeting or whatever is irrelevant.
  • Heaven forbid they put out content that forces you to (maybe) interact with another player. All this over an item that's going to cost (maybe) 200K in a month. If you got your gift stolen, let me know, I know some folks who are "stackin' 'em deep and sellin' 'em cheap."

    Just like the Christmas rewards, these require you to put out a very minimal effort to acquire. I still don't see what all of the fuss is about. Honestly, I think both awards were a step in the right direction. Christmas required you to get 5 drops in Ice, this one requires you to go to fel and click a statue. How much easier do you want it? If you can't do that, perhaps video games aren't your thing.

    If this silly pixel gift is the whole reason you play, cancel your sub, take your $15, and buy something with it, I promise you will be much happier with it and you know what you are getting. I like to think that the $15 a month I pay is for the interaction between myself and either the game world or other players. Is it really too much to ask that players interact with something besides a clicky to get a gift?
Sign In or Register to comment.