Valentine clickys are up!

1 per account per shard. - karma gets the nicer one.

:D 

I feel a novel in the works when they find out where the clicky is.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Pawain said:

What do you mean ?

That the clicky to get the Valentine gift will be in a place much hard to find or where it will be quite inconvenient for players to get their Valentine gift ?

Seriously ?

For a VALENTINE gift ?

Furthermore, will the place be the same for any and all Shards or will it be a nightmare for players who play on more then 1 Shard to have to find the place for all the Shards that they play on, not to mention having to take the time to get there and get the gift on all of the Shards they play on ?

Also, is it going to be 1 gift per character or 1 gift per account ?
  • lol! and there it is
  • popps said:
    Pawain said:

Furthermore, will the place be the same for any and all Shards or will it be a nightmare for players who play on more then 1 Shard to have to find the place for all the Shards that they play on, not to mention having to take the time to get there and get the gift on all of the Shards they play on ?

Also, is it going to be 1 gift per character or 1 gift per account ?
    there you go again, speaking for the masses.......

Why do you care? why are you so interested in what everyone else has to do?

He also clearly stated how many per acct etc.

How about you just READ what people say.

You could actually answer most of your questions above if YOU DID IT FOR YOURSELF
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Well, putting the Valentine Gift Clicky in, let's say in the lower levels of the most dangerous Dungeon, could be in character with the Love the Devs lately showed to a certain part of the UO Players... >:) :D ;)
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246

Heartwood Felucca. :)

Absolutely brilliant, that's put a smile on my face, how the game should be played!

There it is, there are little thiefy's, put hiding on your character to be safe, go close, click while hidden, insure it, it is insurable :)

• Honestly, this one, after the whole Christmas "gift" thing, boggles my mind. I would understand putting it in Fel so reds have a chance too. However, one teensy problem, reds can't get into Heartwood. I don't understand this as, in my opinion only, and someone educate me if I'm wrong, the only thing that will happen with it here is griefing. If there's another view, please explain it. And I'm not whining or being sarcastic. I just honestly don't understand the point here.
  • HippoHippo Posts: 267
    I got 3 dark ones and one positive karma Cupids :) I like the negative ones better, the postive karma one looks too "cartoonish"

• IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Honestly, this one, after the whole Christmas "gift" thing, boggles my mind. I would understand putting it in Fel so reds have a chance too. However, one teensy problem, reds can't get into Heartwood. I don't understand this as, in my opinion only, and someone educate me if I'm wrong, the only thing that will happen with it here is griefing. If there's another view, please explain it. And I'm not whining or being sarcastic. I just honestly don't understand the point here.

"Griefing is the Other Face of Love"... :D
    edited February 2021
    Honestly, this one, after the whole Christmas "gift" thing, boggles my mind. I would understand putting it in Fel so reds have a chance too. However, one teensy problem, reds can't get into Heartwood. I don't understand this as, in my opinion only, and someone educate me if I'm wrong, the only thing that will happen with it here is griefing. If there's another view, please explain it. And I'm not whining or being sarcastic. I just honestly don't understand the point here.

My opinion is it promotes far more interaction and gameplay. A little bit of extra thought is required, it's not just point, click, receive freebie.

The No reds point is interesting, but tbh, that probably helps blues a lot, they only really have to deal with blue thieves, so they won't in theory be on the receiving end of anything too bad, if they think about it, and prepare themselves properly.

It gives thieves a little something, it promotes activity. Players actually having to play the game.

• Great idea! Clicky season on Siege is one of my favorite times of the year. I'm glad they made it available to all players this time around!
  • Also, "Stinky Pete's stealing advice hotline" is closed during this event so don't DM me asking why you keep getting revealed or why you can't steal anything. Any other time, I'm more than happy to help though.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    I'm glad they made it available to all players this time around!
    What do you mean ? Endless Journey accounts can get their 2021 Valentine Gift just as well ?
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 453
    I just got mine on Chesapeake.  I didn't see another soul and got out no issues.
  • Stinky_PeteStinky_Pete Posts: 61
    edited February 2021
    popps said:
    I'm glad they made it available to all players this time around!
    What do you mean ? Endless Journey accounts can get their 2021 Valentine Gift just as well ?
    I already told you, I'm not currently taking any questions. Also, you are taking my quote out of context. I meant that they made the ability to steal clicky gifts available to other players that aren't on Siege.
    edited February 2021
    What are negative karma players getting? I got the Donald Trump Cupid.

EDIT: Besides other people's cupid. LOL!!!
  • Feigr said:

edited February 2021
    Feigr said:

LOL The left arm looks like a phallus.  This is great.  I love it.
  • Stinky_PeteStinky_Pete Posts: 61
    edited February 2021
    I can check to see if my guild can get one for you. I am certain we will collect an abundance of them. Not sure about Chessy though.
    You and your guild can keep ya'lls left arms to yourself. 

But seriously, thank you, I'm okay with my comb over cupid.
  • So is that the same cupid as last year? Can't remember. The negative karma gift, is that a floor tile, painting or what? Thanks! :)
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    So is that the same cupid as last year? Can't remember. The negative karma gift, is that a floor tile, painting or what? Thanks! :)
    No last year was a teddy bear. The shadowy one is supposed to be wall art though if you have dark walls you can't see it!

EC vs CC not much different, but if you do get the silhouette one,
    it needs to be on a light surface.

• Thanks! I'm a collector so I need one of each at least lol. Ok ... bear .... yeah now I remember. Never figured out how I could fit that into UO either lol Probably more fodder for the storage chests.

• With the Valentine's Day bears, cupids and mini wizards I'm thinking the artist doesn't play UO :) Now had they made that with a granite cupid on a granite pillar or something... maybe.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Is this thread some sort of joke?  I don’t really care much about these gifts, but I do care about crap like this.  Now you have to be a thief or ninja just to get a free gift that is deco only.  You have got to be kidding.  Hope that you are.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    I am neither a thief or a ninja and I got my gifts just fine?

On 4 shards so far. Just have your backpack open when you get it, and insure it right away. Don't stand there if you're worried about thieves....click and run! Down further into heartwood, not out where the big scary reds might be ;)

It makes it challenging...I like it!

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    I didn't see a timer on the clicky.
    @Kyronix how long do we have to claim the gift?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited February 2021
    You can get one on each shard per account.
    Use a crystal portal. Say fel yew mint.
    Kill a cat or dog in yew for neg karma. On new toon.

Put last object on a macro.
     Dbl clk statue from a distance. 
    Click self --- toggle item insurance
    The target is there.
    Walk to statue use the macro
    Click the Cupid
    It's insured 

EC may have a bag of sending macro.

Go in groups if needed.  I lost one on Atlantic but I was just standing by statue and chatting.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Pawain said:
    You can get one on each shard per account.
    Use a crystal portal. Say fel yew mint.
    Kill a cat or dog in yew for neg karma. On new toon.

Put last object on a macro.
     Dbl clk statue from a distance. 
    Click self --- toggle item insurance
    The target is there.
    Walk to statue use the macro
    Click the Cupid
    It's insured 

EC may have a bag of sending macro.

Go in groups if needed.  I lost one on Atlantic but I was just standing by statue and chatting.
    HA!

I was writing my own macro for the EC when you posted. Beat me by 2 minutes!

-Arroth
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    in EC
    i recommend putting the "Toggle Item Insurance" icon in a hotkey (i used F9)
    also have a key set up for last object (F8)

I click on the cupid, when too far away.(too far away, it won't go in backpack)

then while running close to cupid, hit F8 & F9 almost at the same time
    and use right hand on mouse to target your empty slot.

(I do this on Siege, with Siege Bless)