Possible Use for Item Identification

@Kyronix - As I'm doing a little house keeping and dusting off some old gear off to piece together a new suit I see some pieces that I think are pretty useful which then made me think "where the heck did this come from?". 

That said, my idea would be to give some use to a dead skill like item ID by allowing the people to use the skill to see what monster/mob items were looted from. That way if there are certain type of pieces you are looking for or like you can use the skill to figure out where you actually got the item.

For example, a bokuto is an item that you can only get in Tok which might be common knowledge to some people but to others it might not be. So if I were to use Item ID on a bokuto I think is usable, it would say something like "this item was looted from a rune beetle in Tokuno". If it was something like a cleaver it might say "this item was looted from a greater dragon in Trammel". 

I'm not sure if that's even possible (if a log of where an item was generated) but I think something like that would be helpful to a good amount of people trying to figure out where to hunt while also giving a useless skill some new life.

Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Another use that I would like to see for Item ID, is the ability to use it on a Bag of Sending and see how many charges it has left still, before it gets "worn out" and no longer rechargable...
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 453
    keven2002 said:
    @ Kyronix - As I'm doing a little house keeping and dusting off some old gear off to piece together a new suit I see some pieces that I think are pretty useful which then made me think "where the heck did this come from?". 

That said, my idea would be to give some use to a dead skill like item ID by allowing the people to use the skill to see what monster/mob items were looted from. That way if there are certain type of pieces you are looking for or like you can use the skill to figure out where you actually got the item.

For example, a bokuto is an item that you can only get in Tok which might be common knowledge to some people but to others it might not be. So if I were to use Item ID on a bokuto I think is usable, it would say something like "this item was looted from a rune beetle in Tokuno". If it was something like a cleaver it might say "this item was looted from a greater dragon in Trammel". 

I'm not sure if that's even possible (if a log of where an item was generated) but I think something like that would be helpful to a good amount of people trying to figure out where to hunt while also giving a useless skill some new life.
    *Slaps Viking Sword on table and stabs it with index finger just above the hilt.*

See that?! It says I pulled this thing from Bob the Lich's nether regions.  I'll sell it for 30k.
  • popps said:
    Another use that I would like to see for Item ID, is the ability to use it on a Bag of Sending and see how many charges it has left still, before it gets "worn out" and no longer rechargable...
    EC odes that,  but you wouldn't train I.D on a char just for that would you?
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited February 2021
    popps said:
    EC odes that,  but you wouldn't train I.D on a char just for that would you?
    Certainly not train it just for that but, if Item Identification was to do a good number of advantageous things AND also that, it would be a good addition, to my opinion.
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    edited February 2021
    One simple idea, let's make item identification equal to luck (as both are related to item properties). For 100 skill you will get 1000 luck. If PS scroll is ever made you will get 1200 luck for being legendary. Some templates would welcome this such as fishers or t hunters.
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    That's a good idea. It could also improve the crafting and imbuing chances.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246

Item ID could tell you about items in more detail?

I think in EC you can see colour hues, and item weight properties?

If Item ID told you that stuff in CC would be good.