Cancel the Shard Bound limit to Closed Events Armor Sets Items!!!

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,140
    edited February 2021
    Ivenor said:

So, perhaps, if collecting Armor Suits is not YOUR style of play, you should consider the option to abstain to say how, in your otherwise surely wise and useful opinion, it should be played by the people that actually play it?

You know, just as no one that don't have as a his game style to steal everything that is not nailed down (and, if nailed, steal the nails too) should abstain to give you any advice on thieving?

Beacuse after hearing for the Nth time how I should "correctly" play a DARN SANDBOX GAME, the argument is starting to wear a litte thin... :D

I'm not telling you how to play your play style, I'm saying that you suck at your play style if this is making it impossible to play. More difficult, sure, I could see that. Do you not enjoy a bit of a challenge? You can play however you want but making 5 threads to cry about it when you've already been told why it is the way it is seems insane to me. The devs make blessed stuff all the time. I can't steal it (well I can, it just takes more patience). Do I complain about it? Nah, I just work around it and enjoy the challenge. 
    Well... the definition of insanity is pretty much "doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result"... so maybe that holds some weight.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    keven2002 said:
    Ivenor said:

So, perhaps, if collecting Armor Suits is not YOUR style of play, you should consider the option to abstain to say how, in your otherwise surely wise and useful opinion, it should be played by the people that actually play it?

You know, just as no one that don't have as a his game style to steal everything that is not nailed down (and, if nailed, steal the nails too) should abstain to give you any advice on thieving?

Beacuse after hearing for the Nth time how I should "correctly" play a DARN SANDBOX GAME, the argument is starting to wear a litte thin... :D

I'm not telling you how to play your play style, I'm saying that you suck at your play style if this is making it impossible to play. More difficult, sure, I could see that. Do you not enjoy a bit of a challenge? You can play however you want but making 5 threads to cry about it when you've already been told why it is the way it is seems insane to me. The devs make blessed stuff all the time. I can't steal it (well I can, it just takes more patience). Do I complain about it? Nah, I just work around it and enjoy the challenge. 
    Well... the definition of insanity is pretty much "doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result"... so maybe that holds some weight.

And this in the present context is useful to the discussion (i.e.: having the Devs reconsider their decision)... how, exactly?

What part of "avoiding personal attack and stick to ARGUMENTS - pro or against -  having the SBing lifted from Event Drops after the Event ends" is unclear?
  • Stinky_PeteStinky_Pete Posts: 61
    edited February 2021
    Ivenor said:

And this in the present context is useful to the discussion (i.e.: having the Devs reconsider their decision)... how, exactly?

What part of "avoiding personal attack and stick to ARGUMENTS - pro or against -  having the SBing lifted from Event Drops after the Event ends" is unclear?
    I gave you an argument, you chose to spaz out about it. In case it wasn't clear, the argument was:

Maybe you just suck and need to get better at collecting junk. It's not the devs fault that you can't compete on the same level as everyone else and want them to make it easier just for you,
    edited February 2021

Ivenor said:

I gave you an argument, you chose to spaz out about it. In case it wasn't clear, the argument was:

Maybe you just suck and need to get better at collecting junk. It's not the devs fault that you can't compete on the same level as everyone else and want them to make it easier just for you,

In my book this is an insult, not an argument, so from now on I will simply ignore you.

If you insist with posting this kind uncalled provocations I will file an harrasment report.

Have a nice day.
  • Ivenor said:

In my book this is an insult, not an argument, so from now on I will simply ignore you.

If you insist with posting this kind uncalled provocations I will file an harrasment report.

Have a nice day.
    Sorry, I will edit to spare your fragile feelings:

It's not the devs fault that you can't compete on the same level as everyone else and want them to make it easier just for you.

Or in other words:

Get good son.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,140
    Ivenor said:
    keven2002 said:

I was providing some levity to a thread topic that has otherwise been beaten dead. A handful of people (including myself) have made it know that they disagree with the Shard Bound property on the dynamic events.

Kyronix has responded multiple times saying the same thing; to paraphrase "sorry but Shard Bound stays". 

Next topic.
    edited February 2021
    keven2002 said:
    Ivenor said:
    keven2002 said:

I was providing some levity to a thread topic that has otherwise been beaten dead. A handful of people (including myself) have made it know that they disagree with the Shard Bound property on the dynamic events.

Kyronix has responded multiple times saying the same thing; to paraphrase "sorry but Shard Bound stays". 

Next topic.

OK, my bad then. Some other... "person" has the "gift" to get under my skin with his useless petty malice, so sometime I jump the gun: apologies! :)

On the point in question: as I already said, I know what K. wrote. What he didn't do is to explain why "SB for Event Items is here to stay", and considering that that decision affected negatively mine, ad not only mine, way of play, I have the presumption to think to have the right to ask for an explanation.

Mind me: I don't say that I have the right to recieve an answer, but the one to ask for it, yes. You know, the difference between "the right to happines" and the "right to pursuit happines"... :D
    edited February 2021
    keven2002 said:
    Ivenor said:
    keven2002 said:

Next topic.

Just to give an example to make my reasoning clearer. On some Shards there are still for sale some (few) pieces form the Armor Suits from the long ended Limited Events "of the Undead Kin" and "of the Orcish Kin" that took place in the summer of 2020. Those are legit items, that some players gained with legit play and that they are putting on for sale in a legit way. Why shouldn't one be able to buy them where they are sold and Xfer them to his "Home Shard", as happens with any other AS items from, e.g., the "of the Cult" or "of Enchanted Origin" Events? I fail to see how this limitation could have any beneficial effect for either the Players or the overall structure of UO...
  • Ivenor said:

Just to give an example to make my reasoning clearer. On some Shards there are still for sale some (few) pieces form the Armor Suits from the long ended Limited Events "of the Undead Kin" and "of the Orcish Kin" that took place in the summer of 2020. Those are legit items, that some players gained with legit play and that they are putting on for sale in a legit way. Why shouldn't one be able to buy them where they are sold and Xfer them to his "Home Shard", as happens with any other AS items from, e.g., the "of the Cult" or "of Enchanted Origin" Events? I fail to see how this limitation could have any beneficial effect for either the Players or the overall structure of UO...
    In my opinion, a good collector of such things would be able to find them on any shard. It just takes a bit more effort, not begging the devs to make it easier for you.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,033
    edited February 2021
    Ivenor said:Next topic.

Because they put shard bound for a reason and told us why.  I do not agree with the reason.  To make small shards more active.  Then they turn around and say there will be a new shard that will last a year that will take players from those same shards.

Also whiners complained because someone they did not know killed a Mob.

Letting them be unbound a month later defeats the purpose.  Those players who do go to dead shards to get items will just leave the popular suits in their bank and backpack for a month and then take them to their home or to Atl to be sold to other players from dead shards.

Do you really not understand this?

I agree with your idea.  What difference does it make now that the drops can not be turned in. The rewards are still shard bound.

And I doubt Pete did any of the content, ppl on Siege would kill him and take his drops.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited February 2021
    Ivenor said:

In my opinion, a good collector of such things would be able to find them on any shard. It just takes a bit more effort, not begging the devs to make it easier for you.

Last reply to you, just to show that you have no idea of what you are speaking of.

How, pray, it could be possible for ANYONE to find, e.g., on ATL Items from the Limited "Orcish" or "Undead" Kins Events when those Events have been:

- "of Undead Kin" - Limited to the Lake Superior, Europa, Sakura & Oceania Shards
    - "of Orcish Kin" - Limited to the Origin & Izumo Shards?

:D

But,  Those Event shard specific things should stay shard bound.  I have those suits, they would sell for a lot on Atl.
    edited February 2021
    Pawain said:
    Ivenor said:Next topic.

Because they put shard bound for a reason and told us why.  I do not agree with the reason.  To make small shards more active.  Then they turn around and say there will be a new shard that will last a year that will take players from those same shards.

Also whiners complained because someone they did not know killed a Mob.

Letting them be unbound a month later defeats the purpose.  Those players who do go to dead shards to get items will just leave the popular suits in their bank and backpack for a month and then take them to their home or to Atl to be sold to other players from dead shards.

Do you really not understand this?

I agree with your idea.  What difference does it make now that the drops can not be turned in. The rewards are still shard bound.

And I doubt Pete did any of the content, ppl on Siege would kill him and take his drops.

If that was their pourpose it failed, because AAMOF as now Players farm LESS than before on the Low Pop Shards because the local market is NIL and the ATL one is off limits! :D

So, being them, as I said, Old Wise Persons, isn't it time to show their wisdom and reconsider the Eternal Shard Bounding? :)
    Ivenor said:
    So, being them, as I said, Old Wise Persons, isn't it time to show their wisdom and reconsider the Eternal Shard Bounding? :)
    Its been less than a month since they said no.
    edited February 2021
    Pawain said:
    But,  Those Event shard specific things should stay shard bound.  I have those suits, they would sell for a lot on Atl.

Why they should? FWIK they were not Shard Specific in any "culturally" meaningful way: I suppose the Shards were choosen for purely technical reasons. 
    You want to keep yours? Good for you!
    I, as a collector, would do the same, but why souldn't somone instead make some GPs selling their? If anything this would RAISE the value of the pieces in your collectiom, being the Event closed...
    edited February 2021
    Pawain said:
    Ivenor said:
    Its been less than a month since they said no.

Well, less than a month ago you Americans still had Trump as President, and now you have Biden (*), so things can change even radically in a very short time... :)

(*) Please Note: Mine is ONLY a "Time Frame Reference" example: in NO WAY I'm introducing Political Topics in the Thread. And, beside, I'm Italian, and we have as now already REALLY PLENTY ENOUGH of problems with OUR Government changes... :# :D
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,257
    edited February 2021
    Cookie said:

Production shard gameplay has evolved around the ability to travel and trade between shards.

Shard Bound restricts this. There is little point to it, when you have the ability to travel and trade, and gameplay has developed around this. It can only cause hassle and complication to players. It clearly affects some more than others.

Vets are affected. Collectors of sets who have to travel multiple shards to find a set are affected. PvPers who cross shard for PvP are affected if a key part of their suit cannot go with them. New players and characters on a smaller shard will be affected, when they cannot find equipment they really want for their suit. Economies will be affected, as prices on these items superheat due to scarcity. Farmers who enjoyed farming for these items to trade will be affected, as they have nothing to do anymore except sit in Luna - because they feel even if they farm for the item they won't have a trading outlet for it if they cannot get it to Atlantic.

So I wouldn't say it is a small thing, it is affecting quite a few gamestyles.

Collectors who can't find what they are looking for must suck at collecting. A good collector shouldn't have a problem with this.

Cross-sharding PvPers who can't work around this must suck at cross-shard PvP. A good PvPer would have a suit that can transfer.

New players can't cross-shard the items anyway, and let's face it, nobody really cares about them, it's just an excuse to make things easier for themselves.

I can't imagine the economy becoming any more messed up than it already is.

Perhaps instead of sitting in Luna, the farmers of these items should be hooking up with some of these crappy collectors that can't find the stuff as easily as they would like to.

It really comes down to people wanting stuff to be easier for them and when they don't get it they cry about it on forums instead of finding a way to make it work for them. I grow tired of everyone wanting changes to the game to make the game fit their play style instead of making their play style fit the game. 

I don't really think "you must suck as a player" holds any valid weight in this topic. Which seems to be the sum total of your argument.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    In the last thread, I extracted the following the reasons for enforcing SB on one-time, event items:
    • the single biggest piece of negative feedback related to treasures events was the farming (more so attended then unattended) that was taking place on Shard A to be transferred back to Shard B.
    • There were also some benefits that we've seen including spurring intra-shard trading, encouraging active participation (instead of buying from a farmer), and offering different crowd sizes on different shards (some folks like playing a quieter shard, some folks like a busier one). 
    The issue seems to be against "farmers". But these are one-time farming event, and everyone "farms" during such event for years. That was how we get to buy those rare no durability Lieutenant sash and Bane Dragon 20 years later through cross shard trading.

If anyone is active in the game, they would obviously "actively participate" and get the items themselves. Who wants to pay for an item when they can play and get for Free? Or unless they do not have the character build to get them (some people do not have sampire, for example), then are we saying that they can never buy if they do not make a character fast.

The problem is, for example, I was not active when the events happened 20 years ago and I could not have gotten the Sash and Bane Dragon. So how is shard bound going to help me.

Game economy was not mentioned here.... but if anyone wishes to raise this argument, then I say please look at SB items that can still be farmed everyday, not One-Time Event items which cannot be farmed. That hardly affects the economy than regular items flowing across shard every day. Stop shard transfer, remove character transfer. Yeah save the economy but destroy the player base further, and prepare to close some shards with already very low population and active players.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Boy we do enjoy beating dead horses....
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited February 2021
    This is the issue with locking a thread too early, each side have good points to make and they are spreading across multiple threads. What happens today was not because the system was already cast in stone 20 over years ago. Allow discussion continue to flow but please avoid attacking each other. Make the point and keep threads clean.

Maybe 2 years later, someone will dig out this thread, review the fine posts made by players who spent precious time here, and then decide to make a change.

I think flaming each other will not help the Dev decide. I don't enjoy reading "angry" post either, rather skip them.
    edited February 2021
    McDougle said:

The Dev already said no, but there is no harm letting users list down their thoughts. Shard bound was also perhaps discussed in multiple areas for many years and it only happened last years' event? It was because of those well kept records that the Dev finally decide to change today. And anyway, this is not a FAQ, but a forum for discussion.
    McDougle said:

It's to tenderize the meat! :D
    edited February 2021
    Seth said:
    This is the issue with locking a thread too early, each side have good points to make and they are spreading across multiple threads. (...)
    Well, as now we are over 50 Posts with very little blood splling, so I think we can go for the Monthly "Longest Thread Whitout Casualties" Record!!! B)

edited February 2021
    I will always support non shard bound, artifacts. Because that was how I and others get back and enjoy the game after years of inactivity. This was mentioned in the locked thread.... sigh...
    Seth said:
    I will always support non shard bound, artifacts. Because that was how I and others get back and enjoy the game after years of inactivity. This was mentioned in the locked thread.... sigh...
    And now said again in the resurrected one! :)
  • Stinky_PeteStinky_Pete Posts: 61
    edited February 2021
    Cookie said:

I don't really think "you must suck as a player" holds any valid weight in this topic. Which seems to be the sum total of your argument.
    Normally, I would agree with you but when the only motive for wanting a change like this is, "I don't want to have to pay rare prices for rare pieces" is the counter argument, it holds plenty of weight. If you want to be a "collector" of fine suits, find them and buy them, be a "collector." Pay the prices. Don't beg the devs to manipulate the prices for you.

If your motivation to is to sell them, don't forget to overcharge your local "collector!" He doesn't want to pay your shards prices for your pieces. He'd rather make 5 forum posts about it and try to convince the devs to change the rules.

If you have an abundance of these pieces and you can't sell them because of this, it's a little bit different, but you knew the rules when you farmed the pieces and you had the option to trade them in for points.

I apologize for being so direct about it. It's in my nature. It makes my horse higher.
    edited February 2021
    Cookie said:

Normally, I would agree with you but when the only motive for wanting a change like this is, "I don't want to have to pay rare prices for rare pieces" is the counter argument, it holds plenty of weight. If you want to be a "collector" of fine suits, find them and buy them, be a "collector." Pay the prices. Don't beg the devs to manipulate the prices for you.

If your motivation to is to sell them, don't forget to overcharge your local "collector!" He doesn't want to pay your shards prices for your pieces. He'd rather make 5 forum posts about it and try to convince the devs to change the rules.

If you have an abundance of these pieces and you can't sell them because of this, it's a little bit different, but you knew the rules when you farmed the pieces and you had the option to trade them in for points.

I apologize for being so direct about it. It's in my nature. It makes my horse higher.

Hi!

There is a way to block the above quoted user (already notorious for this style of harrasment, and that I have already warned to stop) to publish Posts that have the clear and only intent to provoke that kind of reactions that will have the Thread closed?

I.

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,969Moderator
    @Stinky_Pete I think you have made your point and can now leave any decisions to the developers.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,929
    Ivenor said:
    @ Mariah @ Rorschach

Hi!

There is a way to block the above quoted user (already notorious for this style of harrasment, and that I have already warned to stop) to publish Posts that have the clear and only intent to provoke that kind of reactions that will have the Thread closed?

I.
    Hmmm.... this looks familiar to me.... with "some users" showing up on my Threads and posting in a way that then my Threads end up closed....

Is this a habit then for some users on these Forums when someone sees an argument or a Poster saying things that they do not like being said ?

Just wondering....
    edited February 2021
    popps said:
    Ivenor said:
    @ Mariah @ Rorschach

Hi!

I.
    Hmmm.... this looks familiar to me.... with "some users" showing up on my Threads and posting in a way that then my Threads end up closed....

Is this a habit then for some users on these Forums when someone sees an argument or a Poster saying things that they do not like being said ?

Just wondering....

Nothing against you popps, but some of your suggestions if accepted by Dev, will have immediate and direct (detrimental) effect on others. I think that is why some of them reacted strongly...

Issues like "shard bound" - the effects can only be felt years later, to players who have been inactive and missed out these event.

Nobody feel the pain now because whoever is reading and posting here are active. It will only affect the returning players later, hope they can find what they need from others on the same shard.

Does it affect me? Ofcourse not! I have all the artifacts for these events even if they are shard bound. It could affect me from transferring certain characters to other shards for one-off EM event, but not a show-stopper. But I see this as a major problem because many players return and enjoy the game because they can equip faster through cross shard trading.

For those who are currently active for a long time, it might not affect you as much if you have been participating in these events.
This discussion has been closed.