Suggestion: Make the UO store work in all areas where vendor search works (guard zones)

InLorInLor Posts: 354
edited April 2018 in General Discussions
Especially now with EJs running around who obviously can't go to owned/co-owned/friended houses to to open the UO store. It would make it more pleasant for everyone and have the UO store work in all areas where vendor search works. I wouldn't be surprised if this boosts revenue as well. ;)
A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    I believe it already does?
    the page says: go to a guard zone or safe-log out area (House/Inn).
  • InLorInLor Posts: 354
    edited April 2018

No, it works only in safe log-out locations...inns and houses. It's rather annoying. Especially for EJs! :)
  • MeggieMeggie Posts: 20
    edited April 2018
    UO is not all about money, revenues and the such and I hope it  will never be ; as far as EJ accounts are concerned, given that they are (in principle) new players, it's not bad that they learn to find an inn and thus visiting the towns a bit, this is part of the gameplay  ;)
    edited April 2018
    UO is not all about money, but it's a win-win to have it be more available and thus more convenient. Finding the inn is one thing, having to go to an inn just to access an in-game store is just silly. As I said...make it so it's available in any guard-zone.
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    I thought it did work in guard-zones, are you saying it doesn't work for EJ players in towns etc.?
    Hmm I suppose that would be annoying.
    It only works in safe log-out spots. So inns and houses. And EJ's can't use houses.
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    Ahhhh yes that's right, so not many places they can use it then, I always thought it was odd you couldn't use it in a public house unless you were friended. It would make sense in Fel I suppose but not so much in Trammel.  ;)
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    It makes you hidden when you open the store.

There are reasons you cant use it everywhere.  Vendor search does not hide you.

Also a good idea to pay cash for an item that could get stolen just as you got it if you are not in a safe location.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    If stealig is a concern, then make sure all store items come in a blessed token form.
    The hiding part is also a concern.
  • ThalonThalon Posts: 61
    edited April 2018
    Pawain said:
    It makes you hidden when you open the store.

There are reasons you cant use it everywhere.  Vendor search does not hide you.

Also a good idea to pay cash for an item that could get stolen just as you got it if you are not in a safe location.
    Very good points. I would also add that any EJ players new to Ultima Online may find the "safe log-out" zones as a very strange concept. For those players:

1) Logging out mid-combat to avoid death is an exploitable flaw in many games. Ultima Online has never had that exploitable flaw because the "safe log-out" zones have been around since Beta.

2) Even if you are "safe" in the Guard Zones of Trammel or Malas (non PvP) a treasure-hunter might end up digging up a chest close enough for the spawn to kill you. Guards are not always attentive and "safe"does not mean your character is Invulnerable.

3) Safe log-out was essential when the whole game was Felucca (PvP) ruleset. My characters lived in the wilds and rarely went into town for fear of Red PKers. Does anyone run Camping skill and carry a bedroll these days? The first days of UO were a diifferent world....
    Thalon, Merchant Sailor of Pacific for fine Tools, Clothing, and Potions!
    Blacksmithing, Carpentry and Inscription services offered through afilliated subcontractors.
    Exotic beasts available with proper authorization from the Crown.
    Pawain said:
    The hiding part is also a concern.
    How so?
    Players running into a guard zone and being hidden instantly maybe.

Gate those EJ players to an Inn if you are concerned.
    Then I suppose the best solution would probably be to have items deposited directly into your bank box. Then it doesn't matter where you are, whether you are hidden, in combat or dead. That's your own business. :)
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    But EJ players have to use Inns and Taverns to log out, so they're surely able to go to the same location to use the store?
    No one said that it's about them not being able to. It's just annoying and inconvenient. And UO has enough inconveniences. 

Have purchased store items appear in the bank "Your purchase has been delivered to your bank box"...character safety won't be an issue...