Vendor Search: You listened before, so please, listen again.

So when I suggested you separate Vendor search from the housing/transfer server, you guys followed through. 

Add 2 more servers to handle vendor search, bringing you to 3 total. 

1 For Atlantic, 1 For non Atlantic USA Servers, 1 For Non USA Servers. 

That way when something goes wrong on Atlantic, it doesn't drag down the entire system. 

@Bleak

Comments

• A permanent fix to VS would certainly make every ones day.  
    IMHO money well spent for additional servers.

• Vendor search works fine the money and time are best used elsewhere.
    You're delusional if you think it works fine on Atlantic

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    It does not work fine on ATL. 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Unfortunately Atlantic a victim of it's own success and it seems unfair to other shards where VS works for resources to be invested in a isolated issue...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • King_GregKing_Greg Posts: 248
    McDougle said:
    Unfortunately Atlantic a victim of it's own success and it seems unfair to other shards where VS works for resources to be invested in a isolated issue...
    Except when it does completely break vendor search on other servers. 

That's the point of my request is to make it so atlantic's issues don't effect every other server. 
    Works fine you guys need to move on from it. I use vendor search daily on Atlantic and never encounter any issues. 

I would rather the devs dont waste time on something that is not broken.

I can Literally find items on other servers, buy them, and transfer to Atlantic, Faster than I can find the same item on Atlantic with vendor search. 

@Kyronix is anything being done. 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Vendor search works fine the money and time are best used elsewhere.
    Works fine you guys need to move on from it. I use vendor search daily on Atlantic and never encounter any issues. 

I think it depends on what you search for. Something like Jumu's Hide I can find like every time simply by entering "jumu" but other things I search for literally right afterwards like "powder of tran" will give me the "too vague" error even if I type it all out.

I have tried searching Plate of Honor and it will fail 75% of the time but if I type in "plate" I usually get results most times (for a ton of junk). Ironic thing is that when I'm trying to narrow it down by being descriptive, the error comes back that my search is too vague lol.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    If your search just takes clicks from the menu it works often. If you have to use two or more words then you get vague too often. 

During prime time you can't do a search for rubble. 

Last night I was clicking the scroll type but if I put "110 scroll" in the text box, it was too vague. I had to just use scroll and have to see scores of things I did not want .
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Atl needs to be put on its own server.
    Completely broken. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Ya I could not search today when I tried.  It only works if you use the clicky choices.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    re-subbed today as I was approaching 90 days out from the game. I cannot believe this is still broken.
    Works fine on all other shards and it works on Atl during the NOT prime time hours
    Broken on Multiple Servers. 
  • WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 171
    edited January 2021
    Vendor search works fine the money and time are best used elsewhere.

ya sorry dude goin to call BS on this your full of it, i been searching for natural dyes for an hour now, at 8 am non prime time and all i get it to vague no matter how i word it. if im goin to pay a monthly fee i have ever right to expect any services that goes along with that monthly fee to be working. 
    I am shard hopping right now and the only shard I have had a problem with is Atl all others are working fine.
    Bilbo said:
    I am shard hopping right now and the only shard I have had a problem with is Atl all others are working fine.
    Last night half of the servers were giving the Search is too vague.

Presently can't even search for a cameo on an auction safe without using item name text on Atlantic. 
    King_Greg said:
    Bilbo said:

Presently can't even search for a cameo on an auction safe without using item name text on Atlantic. 
    All the servers I used last night with the exception of Atl worked fine.  When you select Auction Safes to search you still had to tell it what you wanted, you cant leave the item name blank.  Try using the word "weight" it is in %98 of all items in UO.
    Bilbo said:
    King_Greg said:
    Bilbo said:

All the servers I used last night with the exception of Atl worked fine.  When you select Auction Safes to search you still had to tell it what you wanted, you cant leave the item name blank.  Try using the word "weight" it is in %98 of all items in UO.
    Can still select Equipment: talisman and put in a slayer. Normally works even when the item name system is broken. Even that was broken at the time I posted. 
    logged in this morning was able to search for 3 items, and now nothing all i get is to vague no matter how i word it even tried putting in a price point, maybe your daily limit is 3?
    Whitewolf said:
    logged in this morning was able to search for 3 items, and now nothing all i get is to vague no matter how i word it even tried putting in a price point, maybe your daily limit is 3?
    nope thats a no go on that theory, logged onto my 2nd account and cant even get one search to work
    Does wearing a luck suit affect VS functionality? ;)
    dvvid said:
    Does wearing a luck suit affect VS functionality? ;)
    Luck doesn't seem to work on it, i'll try eating food. 
    loll
  • TheoTheo Posts: 169
    The whole problem with vendor search is too many searches are doing a text string search against the Database.  They need to fix VS to cover more things with filters.  Why do the filters work? Because those are indexed fields.   Indexes in databases are lightning fast.  Text searches are slow.   We need a filtered search for : Power Scrolls, Scrolls of Trans, Scrolls of Alacrity.  Those right there would take a huge amount of text searches off the DB.  Let me filter on scroll of alacrity and choose skill animal taming and it will be much improved. 

Of course even a low rate DBA can look at the database query log and find these patterns and help with the redesign.  

Need help devs? 

That’s a good point. By seeing what is most searched for, you can create categories to accommodate those terms, when possible. Scrolls are a good example. This logic would easily guide some good refinements to the db for sure. 
    resources broken down by skill use would be another good section.  They have a Token one why not a Veteran Reward one?  There is so much they could do and their break down of equipment selections proves it, now they need to apply that to the rest of the items being sold on vendors.  @Kyronix @Bleak
    Also selections for minor, lesser, greater, major magic items and lesser, greater, major, and legendary artifacts would greatly help the search I’d imagine.