Nonsense on the gen chat (ATL)

psychopsycho Posts: 284
edited January 2021 in General Discussions
Often around the times of this post (I guess 4-5-6-7 am atl local time) Theres alot of nonsense on general chat.  People with different names writing just nonsense for hours and hours. Its like random quotes from a book, that makes no sense or story or whatso ever.

Sometimes you also have people that are attended, manually typing BS on gen chat trying to make people leave the game etc.

Theres no GMs online apparantly or they would stop this in a nanosecond.

Now lucky I dont play much ATL shard, but i have seen this on other shards sometimes as well.

Question is, what is being done to stop this?

Time to restrict EJ talk on Gen chat?
Time for GMs to be online at different times than a 8/4 schedule?

Its up to the producer to answer this, if you have no good solution to this it will defineatly bite back on the new legacy shard as well, ruining any game experience you try to create there.

I for one log of the shard and play elsewhere, but that might also be the main purpose of the spammer(s) in the firstplace. Sure, as a player you can put the guy on ignore, or join another chat channel, but everyones on the server have to do this, its not a good solution. Then the next day another muppet EJ account or whatever pops up and you have to do it all over again.

If devs wonder any chat numbers 93568449 is a start. Im sure you have chat logging enabled, dig in, research,

Comments

• FortisFortis Posts: 408

im with you ej should not be able to speak in general chat and pvp insults all day long should stay on fel chat not in general chat at all...

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    Fortis said:

im with you ej should not be able to speak in general chat and pvp insults all day long should stay on fel chat not in general chat at all...

PvM passive aggressive insults all day long should stay in Trammel chat also. :)

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    psycho said:
    Sometimes you also have people that are attended, manually typing BS on gen chat trying to make people leave the game etc. 

Question is, what is being done to stop this?

I see you have met the trolls of ATL :D 

My gen chat ignore list is filled with them. That's how you can stop them now. 

As for a more permanent solution - I've said before that EJ accounts should be required to be linked to a valid credit card. If that account is banned then that credit card is flagged and you can't setup another account with that card. I'm sure there are ways around this but there are way more hoops to jump through doing it this way so I think you would clean up at least half of the nonsense.
  • GwenGwen Posts: 210
    I add such people to my ignore list. My proposition and betteroption for a ban: if some EJ person is in 20-30-50 NON-EJ player's ignore list, may be he is really annoying and should not be allowed to talk in General chat?
  • AaylaAayla Posts: 170
    They don’t care because they don’t play the game and don’t listen their players. Good luck getting this fixed. 
  • EJ accounts should be allowed to see gen chat but not talk in it.  Very simple fix for two problems. 

Gen chat trolls will no longer be able to say ridiculous, bannable things in gen chat. 

the website bots will no longer be able to spam advertisements. 

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Glad I don’t know how to use this.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Just another reason to get off of Atl. Shard
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    EJ accounts should be allowed to see gen chat but not talk in it.  Very simple fix for two problems. 

Gen chat trolls will no longer be able to say ridiculous, bannable things in gen chat. 

And when they need some help, which is often the case for new or returning players, how would they be supposed to ask for it ?

The Help Channel ? There is hardly anyone on that Channel, to my findings....
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    popps said:
    EJ accounts should be allowed to see gen chat but not talk in it.  Very simple fix for two problems. 

And when they need some help, which is often the case for new or returning players, how would they be supposed to ask for it ?

And what about the 95% paying for this game popps...in your posts you always talj about returning player...but this game should focus about it s player base presently
    popps said:

And who do you think is doing almost all the multi boxing.  You do understand that EJ Accounts are throw away accounts.  Make EJ Accounts bound to a paid account and it the get banned than the paid account get banned also.
  • Thats not true at all, they threatend to ban me within 15 mins when i started calling the biggest rule breakers that sell uo gold, houses, and accounts names. So i guess as long as you dont call out those 3 people they wont ban you lol. So its not that there is no gm support,they only respond to a select few. 
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    Make the EJ use the help, no one is there ;)
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 883
    edited January 2021
    There are now 3 RMT sellers advertising their illegal trade on general chat. You would have thought these boards would have had a sticky warning players NOT to buy from these people, but no, dare you speak of them your posts get deleted. 

All players should be warned that foods are duped and code are purchased with dodgy credit cards that result in all codes being fraudulent. Action will be taken against YOU if you use them 

And they won’t block EJ players from having access to gen chat. And so far I have not had a good reason to support this inaction. Offending non paying players is not a good enough reason, there are far more of us paying players that Should be looked after. Simple fact is the RMT sellers use illegal script bots to spam the chat system and there is little to no action is dealing with this.

Oh yes, that’s because our dev team are oozing along with the shard no one asked for Because they want it 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    I can, and will, copy/paste the warning regarding third party sellers from the newsletter and sticky it.
    To avoid posts being removed, refrain from breaking the ToS. It's simple really.
  • Rarely do I turn on the chat feature. When I do it sure isn't for very long. Nothing I really want to hear there. Definitely nothing I want the kids to hear there. It really is pathetic.  
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage
    Ancient Conclave of Wisdom

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
    BUT BUT BUT It is Atl, what do you expect.
  • Clearly I have no expectations at this point. 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage
    Ancient Conclave of Wisdom

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • GandalfGandalf Posts: 115
    If developers allow EJ's to talk in chat channels, there's a very specific reason.   I say nothing...
  • Now 4 RMT sellers. Where are the DEV’s to deal with this, the silence is deafening 
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    This is what happened every 10 minutes last night on Chessy.