Gargoyle equivilent items, and conversion

2»

Comments

• CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    Mervyn said:
    Are there any artifacts that cannot be converted into gargoyle or is not available for a gargoyle? 

Lots especially if you include older minor & major artifacts...  then there are 'weaker' versions of the artifacts made for gargoyles... like the Bracers of Alchemical Devastation

Also gargoyles have far fewer options for weapons & armor than humans/elves as well as fewer places to find magic items in general for gargoyles.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    McDougle said:
    where am i going wrong?
    Use a character with the Tailoring skill and choose "alter" from the crafting menu.
    -Arroth
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    yes my tailor 120 skill says you can not alter ? 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • MordredMordred Posts: 102
    Make sure that the item is repaired or new, for some reason they will not accept items if not repaired or brand new.
    yes i repaired 
    mine are powdered to 255 maybe that's the problem ?
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    edited August 2020
    My guess is the conversion table for human->garg has not kept up with the introduction of new artifacts.

The human mask of khaldun should be converted to a pendant for gargoyles.
    The hunter's headress should convert to a gargish earring with +20 throwing.  (the scholar's halo does the same).
    etc, etc.
    Many of the doom artifacts (that don't even involve crafting recipes) are convertible to garg form, but not all.

Can the devs revisit this?

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,246

Good discussion guys,

Whilst I myself have a better understanding of what is going on, you can all see how confusing this is, and I'm sure there is a better more centralised way this could all be brought together.

One for the Devs. @kyronix .

• AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    McDougle said:
    mine are powdered to 255 maybe that's the problem ?
    Just to followup if any chance you could convert yours or if you managed to make a new pair to try if the conversion works? 
  • jackals collar cant, ozymandias obi cant.

• I recently updated my garg imbuer's suit. It was difficult to find the exact native gargoyle pieces I wanted. After much frustration, I basically bought all human normal plate & altered them. It is a complete joke that basically only normal plate / leather are options for converting. I did not bother with artifacts. But the list of artifacts that cannot be converted is rather large.

Getting gear for any character can be challenging enough on its own. Devs need to stop introducing races that cannot wear each others gear without offering a way to make the gear universal. The elf/human gear issue is not so bad, because a huge amount of people opt to play an elf for the 20 mana and backwards compatibility on gear. It makes no sense that an elf can wear human gear (lore wise the gear would be too large) but a human cannot wear elf gear (lore wise the gear would be too small).
  • GwenGwen Posts: 210
    Mariah said:
    No, this does NOT help a lot. 
    Example: Swords of Prosperity are Daisho. Conversion is NOT working even Gargish Daisho do exist. 
    Shadowguard artifacts: Obi cannot be altered, Jumu sacred hide CAN. 
    Balakai shaman staff- cannot be altered which leave gargoyles with only  ONE mage weapon -0 choice: Kotl Black Rod. While human/elves have tons of items to choose. 

Question was CAN item X be altered. So we need same list as artifact list . They exist here. https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/artifacts-by-item-type/ ;    Just add "alterable (how)" column. 
    Or can it be worn by gargoyles without altering (like Pendant of the Magi). How can you find this without actually buying this artifact and checking? 
    Like Enchanted Kelp Woven Leggings - they cannot be altered Spell Woven Britches CAN.  Bronzed Armor of the Valkyrie - also cannot be altered or worn. Even it already has gargish art in the game when you are trying to put it on. 
    Players really need SUPPORT in this. So 
    1- make list of artifacts VRULKAX actually can alter, and make it avaliable on website or via his menu. It is short list I assume , so will not take lots of time. 
    2- Make full list of artifacts (incl craftable ) and if they are able to be altered

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Vrulkax will convert items that are crafted from Doom recipes. This information is given in the publish notes, and in the pages:
    Tailor Craftables
    Tailoring
    Artifacts – Doom Gauntlet
    Altering

I have done my best with what artifacts are available on test center. My conclusions:
    Armor and Weapon artifacts from encounters such as Shadowguard, Doom Gauntlet etc can not be altered.
    Footwear, sashes and back slot items, such as cloaks and quivers can be altered, but the altering page already states that 'cloaks' that actually use the 'shroud' graphic can not be altered.
    Robes do not need to be altered and can be worn as is (except the 'elf only' robe of the equinox)
    Crafted artifacts such as spell woven britches, luminous rune blade can be altered.
    As stated on the altering page, glasses can be altered, this includes items such as brightsight lenses etc.
    Mariah said:
    Armor and Weapon artifacts from encounters such as Shadowguard, Doom Gauntlet etc can not be altered.
    Sorry, you are wrong   

Quivers yes, can be altered. I read it before. Bought some quiver and altered it. Result was awesome : you getting gargish wing armor with NO damage bonus  properties, just weight. 

Vrulkax will convert items that are crafted from Doom recipes.
    So he converts nothing more, only 3 peceipe items? or something else too? Can he actually say what he can in the game? Lots of people ask this question here and in the chat. 
    Quiver of light and Quiver of Rage can be altered. Just checked.    
    But you will loose damage modifier. I think this worth mentioning in a Wiki article about altering. 
    Elven quiver becomes leather wing armor with no properties. 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    edited January 2021
    no, I said
    Footwear, sashes and back slot items, such as cloaks and quivers can be altered, but the altering page already states that 'cloaks' that actually use the 'shroud' graphic can not be altered.

Last I looked Juma's sacred hide is a cloak. Cloaks are not classed as 'armor'.

As far as I am aware Vrulkax converts only those items listed on the pages I have linked. To have him give his list in game is not something I can do.

May I also draw your attention to the post I made last August?

Mariah said:
    All doom upgrade artifacts can be converted by Vrulkax
    of the older artifacts only some can be altered. This includes
    • footwear, shanty's waders, minax sandals, Detective of the royal guard boots (Replica), pads of the cu sidhe, soles of providence.
    • Sashes, Lieutenant of the Royal Britannia guard (replica), corgul's enchanted sash, sash of warding.
    • Back slot items, Royal Guard investigator, quiver of rage, quiver of elements, quiver of infinity, Juma's sacred hide
    • glasses. Brightsight lenses.
    This is not a definitive list, only items I owned and could copy to test center or were accessible via the 'give arties' command on test.

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    Gwen said:
    Mariah said:
    Balakai shaman staff- cannot be altered which leave gargoyles with only  ONE mage weapon -0 choice: Kotl Black Rod. While human/elves have tons of items to 

“The shaman staff comes in wand form which gargoyles can use”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    fateswhim said:
    jackals collar cant, ozymandias obi cant.

"ozymandias' obi comes in gargoyle form (you must complete the roof encounter as a gargoyle to get it to drop in this form.)"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Hope one day you will continue adding artifacts to " alterable" list. ML ones ,  Treasures of Tokuno.  I would like to have altered Soul Seeker instead of Cu Sidhe pads (even they look really cool!). And Swords of prosperity. 

Also hope there will be addon like altering station similar to repair bench. This will help surviving on low-population shards without having every crafter just for altering. 
  • hunter11hunter11 Posts: 223
    seems really lazy that all maces become a disc mace... and a tetsubo, wild staff, quarter staff, and black staff cant be altered who came up with this its trash lets make all human weapons when altered to gargoyle a disc mace... yeah its a good weapon but really?
    hunter11 said:
    seems really lazy that all maces become a disc mace... and a tetsubo, wild staff, quarter staff, and black staff cant be altered who came up with this its trash lets make all human weapons when altered to gargoyle a disc mace... yeah its a good weapon but really?
    hmm , disc mace is really good weapon. And you can alter lots of cheap mace weapons (with bad special moves in human/elf form)  into it. You better check it out more carefull. 
    Tetsubo (and other 2 FWW weapons) dont have garg alternative. So FWW is not avaliable for gargs at all. 
    Altering Viking sword in Stone sword is good. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited June 2021
    Gwen said:
    hunter11 said:
    hmm , disc mace is really good weapon. And you can alter lots of cheap mace weapons (with bad special moves in human/elf form)  into it. You better check it out more carefull. 
    Tetsubo (and other 2 FWW weapons) dont have garg alternative. So FWW is not avaliable for gargs at all. 
    Altering Viking sword in Stone sword is good. 
    Disc mace and Stone sword is 1 handed. It is also a Mace weapon, most players are swordsmen.

Macers and fencers do not have a 2 hand weapon that has DS(or any useful thing) and WW like Swords do. 
    At least the War Hammer alters directly.

The Double Axe turns into a Garg weapon that does not have those 2 specials.  So that is confusing. 

I put my macers skills on my throwing Garg to get Garg armor in the Treasures of Dungeon  spawns.  I used a disc mace for AI and either a War Hammer or whip for WW.
    I would have rather used a 2 hand for each because I use Bushido on my warriors so if I use a 1 hand weapon I can't use a shield and I do a lot less damage.

It is confusing to alter a weapon and it now has new specials, especially if you alter something you already got the 100% ele damage on and imbued.

So, if you do want a Macer Garg you can design it around a 1 hand weapon that you switch for WW and AI.  Disc mace and whip. Luckily human jewels work if you are stoning skills off your human to get Garg specific drops.  And I happened to buy Garg SSI epaulets.

I'm sure Ill be switching to my Garg for Wildfire Dungeon to get Garg suits since no one on LS uses a Garg enough to trade me suit pieces.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    FWW is on whips a one handed weapon Gargs can use also on the talwar a two handed weapon..