Next Dungeon Event

2»

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Can anyone confirm how the spawning of the Treasure Of mob works (not sure if actual notes were released on it)?

It seems like a group of mob spawns only once all (or most of) the spawned mob is killed after some sort of system check (ie the respawn is delayed a little bit) and is kind of restricted to a defined area. The issue I had with Ice was that the spawn seemed a bit slow when I'd clear an area (like the area past the ice fiends or rat fort) so typically what happened was that I'd be killing spawn 1 at a time and need to run around a bit to find new mobs. This just added to the grindy feeling because a quarter of the time I felt like I was just running around trying to find stuff. This was compounded when there was more than just a few people in the dungeon.

If that's how it was designed to work then I'd ask that next event we have the spawn bumped up based on people in the dungeon or the rate or the mobs being killed (maybe by way of decreasing the respawn check). This would help with prime time playing (or playing ATL majority of the time). 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Yes, it is called dynamic spawn.  The spawn should increase as more players are killing things.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    edited January 2021
    @Pawain - It's called dynamic because the spawn can be dynamically changed within a few hours without massive amounts of work from the Devs (ie Treasures of [insert spawn]).

If it's supposed to change based on the number of people in the dungeon then either it's not working as intended or there is a cap. Otherwise people wouldn't be complaining (rightfully so) about it being so hard to get drops because everything is killed within seconds of it spawning (I believe you even made that complaint for ToD).