Em events need to be shard bound.

2»

Comments

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Seth said:
    I am very happy that majority of the players share the same sentiment as me, at least at this time of the voting.

I will be against anyone who write to "Yes" Shard Bound Treasures, and I won't read what your counter argument is. We can agree to disagree - to cut this thread short.

Because I would not be here if my gear comprises shard bound items 5 years ago. I will win this argument by solid fact that many of us played because such items had not been shard bound.

LMMFAO So you think that 26 total players are the MAJORITY of players in all of UO?  I can go to the DEADEST of the dead shards and count more than 26 houses just inside and around Luna alone, sure glad you do not run this game.  Maybe you and popps should get together because your math skills are about equal.
    RockStaR said:
    Bilbo said:
    I can see it now, everything becomes shard bound and not only will EA/UO lose out on Xfer Tokens but you will piss off every Vet that has 14 year plus accounts and all the rares collectors.  I for one will be very upset because 2 of my 3 accounts have almost full sets of shard shields each and my 3rd account just turned 14 years so how do you plan to compensate me and everybody else for all those high end vet rewards that you just made useless or better yet how many people will just close accounts because of it.
    @ Bilbo seems like more people are voting that they shard bounded the wrong items.  
    I voted NO on both.  Nothing should be shard bound because UO made it possible to move items from one shard to another with Xfer Tokens and Shard Shields and now they are trying to reverse that idea, sorry but I think shard bound is one of the stupidest things they have done.  I live on a dead shard and am always going to other shards to buy things and bring them back to my home shard for my quality of UO life.
    edited January 2021
    Cookie said:

I voted No No. Don't shard bound anything.

Can we get a BIG A Fing MEN

OMG I think this is the 2nd thing that we have %1000000000000000 agreed about, I am staying inside today because I know the sky is falling.

If the two of us can agree on something then it must be the best thing for UO, @Kyronix please remove shard bound from all items in UO.
  • RockStaRRockStaR Posts: 168
    Bilbo said:
    Seth said:
    I am very happy that majority of the players share the same sentiment as me, at least at this time of the voting.

I will be against anyone who write to "Yes" Shard Bound Treasures, and I won't read what your counter argument is. We can agree to disagree - to cut this thread short.

Because I would not be here if my gear comprises shard bound items 5 years ago. I will win this argument by solid fact that many of us played because such items had not been shard bound.

LMMFAO So you think that 26 total players are the MAJORITY of players in all of UO?  I can go to the DEADEST of the dead shards and count more than 26 houses just inside and around Luna alone, sure glad you do not run this game.  Maybe you and popps should get together because your math skills are about equal.
    @Bilbo that's why I'm asking @Kyronix to do an official vote since not many people use the forums. @Kyronix was asking for a focus group in another thread. 
    Bilbo said:
    Cookie said:

I voted No No. Don't shard bound anything.

Can we get a BIG A Fing MEN

OMG I think this is the 2nd thing that we have %1000000000000000 agreed about, I am staying inside today because I know the sky is falling.

If the two of us can agree on something then it must be the best thing for UO, @ Kyronix please remove shard bound from all items in UO.
    @Bilbo that's the issue. Shard bound should have never happened. And since they did start shard bounding character equipment, that locks the character to one shard unless you get that item which is no longer spawning on the shard that you moved to. Whereas em drops have no mods and are just deco, which should have been shardbound instead if anything was going to be shardbound.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    Appreciate all the input and the conversation.  We have no plans to remove shard bound from treasures items and existing narrative items nor do we have plans to add it to EM items.  Thanks for the feedback!
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408

Kyronix said:
    Appreciate all the input and the conversation.  We have no plans to remove shard bound from treasures items and existing narrative items nor do we have plans to add it to EM items.  Thanks for the feedback!

Do you ahve plan to fix vendor search at least before adding new things it s been a fiasco since you introduce commission vendor... most people use it dail...it should be at priority 1
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    I can understand how 14 year vets feel about shard bound.  But, the game needs to attract and keep new players to maintain its player base.  This issue very much discriminates against newer players paying the same monthly subscription fee as the older players.  Those of us that did not choose Atlantic are pretty much at the mercy of a few older players that dominate the vendor search on the shard we play on (they don’t dominate every area just the ones that count.)  i appreciate that management has listened to players and is acting on what they heard.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Arnold7 said:
    I can understand how 14 year vets feel about shard bound.  But, the game needs to attract and keep new players to maintain its player base.  This issue very much discriminates against newer players paying the same monthly subscription fee as the older players.  Those of us that did not choose Atlantic are pretty much at the mercy of a few older players that dominate the vendor search on the shard we play on (they don’t dominate every area just the ones that count.)  i appreciate that management has listened to players and is acting on what they heard.
    Exactly how does someone dominate vendor search?  It seems the only ones that are for shard bound are the ones who are ignorant of the game dynamics and mechanics.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited January 2021
    Kyronix said:

So now we are officially sure that 90% of the small collectors of Armor Sets can forget to complete their collections of the "of the Three" & "of Ice" A.S. (that, as today, are both items coming from finished events and so in CLOSED NUMBERS on EVERY & EACH Shard) whitout paying through the roof.

And someone suggested in the forum that SBing items was a good way to keep the prices low.

Thanks! /sarc off
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Is not that hard to dominate vendor search.  First, find a shard were what you want to sell is no longer being farmed much because most of the players that did the farming have left the game.  Second, buy up all the outstanding inventory priced at less than what you intend to sell your goods for.  Third, take over.  You need to be selling something that players need for this to work, bu on the right shard, shard bound players will have to buy from you.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Arnold7 said:
    Is not that hard to dominate vendor search.  First, find a shard were what you want to sell is no longer being farmed much because most of the players that did the farming have left the game.  Second, buy up all the outstanding inventory priced at less than what you intend to sell your goods for.  Third, take over.  You need to be selling something that players need for this to work, bu on the right shard, shard bound players will have to buy from you.
    Sounds like non shard bound items would fix this problem.  Or yall need someone that can travel to bring stuff back.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Anybody is free to purchase a Xfer Token from the ingame store or better yet call out in Gen Chat and see if anyone is making a shard run and ask if they could pick up some stuff for you.  I know a lot of older vets that have no problem getting stuff for others.  There use to be posts on Stratics but haven't seen any in a while, maybe UOForum could make a separate category just for people doing shard runs or people looking for an item shard xsfer.  @Kyronix would this be possible?
    Pawain said:
    Arnold7 said:
    Sounds like non shard bound items would fix this problem.  Or yall need someone that can travel to bring stuff back.
    @Pawain I've got access to shields now too. And now with them limiting more items to shard bound it sucks not being able to bring your suit with you when you transfer, now that they are making character equipment shard bound. The issue is that they are limiting your equipment when you transfer a character. Why should I have to buy a new one on the shard I transfer to if I have that bit on the shard that I am transfering from? Suit is made one one server but when transfered you lose a bit. This should not be happening. What should be happening is making em events shard bound instead if they were going to make something shardbound.
    RockStaR said:
    Pawain said:
    Arnold7 said:
    @ Pawain I've got access to shields now too. And now with them limiting more items to shard bound it sucks not being able to bring your suit with you when you transfer, now that they are making character equipment shard bound. The issue is that they are limiting your equipment when you transfer a character. Why should I have to buy a new one on the shard I transfer to if I have that bit on the shard that I am transfering from? Suit is made one one server but when transfered you lose a bit. This should not be happening. What should be happening is making em events shard bound instead if they were going to make something shardbound.
    If they have to make something shard bound then I agree make it EM items and leave the rest alone.  
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited January 2021
    Kyronix said:

@Kyronix
    Thanks for confirming the team has reviewed this issue and decided to keep status quo.

We assume you mean "shard bound" will remain as a standard for all future treasures item. In my case, the vote was not asking for "shard bound" to be removed from existing artifacts already in the game, but was referring to future Treasures event.

Many of us have spent time to write, and feedback our reasoning. Could the team share your reason(s) for deciding this final verdict for future event, after considering all our feedback:

• EM event items to remain non-shard bound.
    • Treasures event item to remain shard bound.

P.S. sorry no reply, argument to fellow players to reduce unnecessary noise. Its best to let the Dev team explain their reasoning to this important issue. May we then rest the case in future, and decide our own path to take.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Bilbo said:
    Anybody is free to purchase a Xfer Token from the ingame store or better yet call out in Gen Chat and see if anyone is making a shard run and ask if they could pick up some stuff for you.  I know a lot of older vets that have no problem getting stuff for others.  There use to be posts on Stratics but haven't seen any in a while, maybe UOForum could make a separate category just for people doing shard runs or people looking for an item shard xsfer.  @ Kyronix would this be possible?
    I used to offer but no one ever took me up on it, so I quit asking. The lone exception was Rare’s Fest a couple years ago. I get it though; it’s tough to trust someone you don’t know with your stuff. 
    edited January 2021
    Seth said:
    Kyronix said:
    Appreciate all the input and the conversation.  We have no plans to remove shard bound from treasures items and existing narrative items nor do we have plans to add it to EM items.  (...)

@ Kyronix
    Thanks for confirming the team has reviewed this issue and decided to keep status quo.

We assume you mean "shard bound" will remain as a standard for all future treasures item. In my case, the vote was not asking for "shard bound" to be removed from existing artifacts already in the game, but was referring to future Treasures event.

Many of us have spent time to write, and feedback our reasoning. Could the team share your reason(s) for deciding this final verdict for future event, after considering all our feedback:

P.S. sorry no reply, argument to fellow players to reduce unnecessary noise. Its best to let the Dev team explain their reasoning to this important issue. May we then rest the case in future, and decide our own path to take.

No, read better.
    Kyronix said:
    (...) We have no plans to remove shard bound from treasures items and existing narrative items nor do we have plans to add it to EM items.  Thanks for the feedback!
    K. didn't say anything about future "narrative items". And luckily so, considering as it is already disruptive enough as it is.
  • Lieutenant_DanLieutenant_Dan Posts: 195
    edited January 2021
    Any type of armor rewards should not be shard bound.  Doing so was poor decision making

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I call two lower population shards home traveling between Origin and Pac with bought tokens and I was able to get eppellets on both shards.....i think we often make something out of nothing and then when the Devs respond we get even more angry and continue debating as if they haven't just said what's up...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • MerlinMerlin Posts: 199
    There should be no shard bound items. Period.

All items on all shards should be transferrable. 
  • PolarisPolaris Posts: 106
    Merlin said:

Agreed. I will never decorate a single item that says "shard bound." It just looks lame. Don't make everyone suffer because there are five players cheating on 30-50 accounts.

Fix the scripters and multi-boxers. All problems would be solved.
    Merlin said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^ This.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited January 2021
    I guess the team is not willing to share the reason(s) for strongly insisting to have shard bound for items.

Could we hear from players then, who strongly support "Shard Bound" artifacts for treasures event? What are your reasons? I will not counter argue since the decision by the Dev is made, but I would like to know the possible reasons from other players for this. You could have proposed this to the Dev in the past, they hear you and has finally made new artifacts shard bound.

I have yet to know anyone in the game (not this forum) who jumped with joy when shard bound artifacts was introduced.

So at least I know who **** up the game after 20 years, lol.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited January 2021
    Seth said:
    @ Kyronix 

The same sneaky little buggers who;

• Brought in Trammel and put the majority of top end loot there.
    • Created Sampires.
    • Made sure I never get any Cameo's or Slithers no matter how many runs I do.
    • Created a completely random loot system with 10 properties that never match.
    • Thought that once after 10 years when I may actually find a workable piece, thought putting antique or brittle on it was a good idea...

It's the Illuminati. :(

Seth said:
    Kyronix said:

@ Kyronix

To clarify, "Treasures" related items will remain shard bound.  This includes the drops and the rewards.  "Narrative" items such as the items with the little "Aha!" popup and the Lore Books (the open book with the character and setting images will be shard bound as well, regardless of the system they are delivered from.  Narrative items are a new class of items that are based on the story as it unfolds on a specific shard.  Keeping them shard bound removes the chance that a book/item written for a story on Shard A will end up on Shard B, where it doesn't have any context.  Ya, it's a bit of let down to collectors - but there is plenty to collect, so these specific items can stay where they are created to preserve the story as it happened there.

We have no plans to add Shard Bound to EMs items.  EM events have emerged into what they have become covering more than a decade.  The collection, buying, selling, and award of EM items is a system entirely unto itself.  It feeds into multiple gameplay systems (both realized and emergent), and simply we aren't looking to make any changes to the delivery of those items.

Finally, as it relates to Treasures drops/redemption items.  As I mentioned in the other thread, the single biggest piece of negative feedback related to treasures events was the farming (more so attended then unattended) that was taking place on Shard A to be transferred back to Shard B.  This was made clear to us on the forums, via email, via messages, via the conversations we had with players at our various in-person meetups (in the before times).  We get a lot of feedback from multiple sources.  I would urge people to remember this when they start on the "Nobody asked for this!!" consider it's a great big audience out there and there are many different points of view.  So, with the implementation of the dynamic Treasures restricting the drops/redemption items it met a number of requests that we'd gotten from players as well as our long term goals for the dynamic events.  There were also some benefits that we've seen including spurring intra-shard trading, encouraging active participation (instead of buying from a farmer), and offering different crowd sizes on different shards (some folks like playing a quieter shard, some folks like a busier one).  

I haven't looked at the logs from the Treasures events yet, but I can say having seen what occurred in last years Treasures showed extraordinary participation.  I expect to see the same thing from the Treasures of Ice (don't ask, I'm not sharing numbers).

Seth said:
    @ Kyronix 
    I guess the team is not willing to share the reason(s) for strongly insisting to have shard bound for items.

Could we hear from players then, who strongly support "Shard Bound" artifacts for treasures event? What are your reasons? I will not counter argue since the decision by the Dev is made, but I would like to know the possible reasons from other players for this. You could have proposed this to the Dev in the past, they hear you and has finally made new artifacts shard bound.

I have yet to know anyone in the game (not this forum) who jumped with joy when shard bound artifacts was introduced.

I'm sorry you didn't receive a timely response, I only have limited time to peruse the forums and try to jump in when I can on matters I have specific knowledge of.  
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    Topic closed
This discussion has been closed.