Getting back into UO, looking for party

Im on the atlantic shard.  Havent played since the united states referred to the Iraq war as "trouble ahead".  last thing i remember on UO is ogres and tribal dudes attacking vesper.

Anyone want to get together to adventre

Comments

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    I don’t play on Atlantic but I am fairly new to the game too.  I am starting to play at special events now like the current tears of the ice dragon.  You can help other players take down the more difficult monsters and get to know some of them in the process.  I have found this a good way to get to know some of other players.  It’s also a good way to improve your playing skills.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Try Gen Chat, that is if you can get through all the PvP Chat Crap
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    Is it the numbers of people on that shard that lures all these returning players?  Atlantic is ok, but there are other shards with less folks and more room, less lag and just as much fun.  As Bilbo said just shout in general chat.  A really good guild there is UWF.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    No.  Unless things have changed the game recommends Atlantic if you ask it to recommend a shard.
  • Arnold7 said:
    No.  Unless things have changed the game recommends Atlantic if you ask it to recommend a shard.
    I think it depends on where in the world you are. I always get Europa and Drachenfels as recommended shards, and I am in Scandinavia.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    I get all the west coast shards as I am on the west coast.
    I am in the Midwest other shards are much closer to me but UO recommended Atlantic about two years ago when I joined.  Thought it might do this for everyone on this side of the ocean.  That would help explain why Atlantic dominates all the other shards on this slide of the Atlantic.  Glad to see it does not do that for everyone.  Really at a loss to explain why all the other shards have low populations every time I logon.  My shard has enough players to make the game interesting but I have noticed a lot less completion and activity on vendor search during the last year.
  • As far as I can tell, it recommends based on latency. To me, Europa and Drachenfels both have a little under 50 latency. The next ones after that (including Atlantic) all show over 125 latency.