Fishing macro....

Howdy folks,

Not sure if what I want to do is even allowed.  I've setup a macro...

Last Object (for fishing pole) 
Wait for target
Cursor tatget last (this is whats not working)
Delay 10 seconds

What I wanted was to fish while going from place to place.  I'm already GM in fishing, so its all about pulling stuff up from the deep, not really about the fish.  I can use this if I'm not moving and fishing, but not when moving.

I think I'm looking for target relative position.  I'm assuming its either too close to unattended to allow, or I'm blind in one eye and cant see out of the other and thats why I cant find it.

hope ya can help,

Haz

oh yeah, enhanced client, no addons

Comments

• MargeMarge Posts: 720
    You can't use that when moving because you sail too far away from the last target and can't reach it. When moving, you just have to use last object  and click it close to ship yourself. (Not sure if nearest target would work - never tried it.)
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    The last target that works for mining works for fishing. But you catch all the fish in the area and have to move.  Then what Marge said kicks in.  Thats why I just have 105 fishing. let us know if you find a way to keep fishing.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Target by resource, delay 8.0

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    wow, thank you

I have heard to use that when mining...
    but didn't know how to set that up
    I could, if people would find it helpful, create a page entirely dedicated to the 'target by resource' action.Would that be worthwhile?

• HazHaz Posts: 15
    Mariah , that would be very cool, thank you, and thanks for the examples .

Appreciate it
    The page should be available after noon ET, under 'technical'.
  • I have never seen a Macro page like that , is that EC or something else?
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    Yes; CC doesn't have the ability to loop macros
    edited December 2020
    It's the enhanced client. I would not put anything other than official client macros on the wiki.
    I couldn't anyway, I don't have access to anything else.

• HazHaz Posts: 15
    Nice, now that I see the macros, I kinda remember long lines of different ore and woods, but wouldn't have thought about it without your work.

Thank You
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    A little off topic but since the wife burnt through 100k spined for that ------ elf I'm out harvesting leather again. As an exercise I was trying to come up with a macro to harvest the leather when I'm standing in a pile of lizardman corpses. The best I've been able to come up with is simply "Target Next Object" "butcher's War Cleaver" set to target current repeat. It sort of works.

I'm hoping there is an easer more elegant way of targeting the corpses I'm missing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    edited December 2020
    I have a similar task to undertake, I'll do some experimenting as I do it. My first suggestion would be to get a harvester's blade from the huntmaster's challenge today being 30th of the month it's an ideal time to try for one.

Where I hunt lizardmen I don't get a pile, only 32 hides per kill, but this seems to be working, try it?
    so  that's 'target nearest mobile' 'attack current target' delay: 1.0 'target nearest object' 'harvester's blade, target current'

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Having a bovine slayer equipped while slicing a corpse will also put the leather in your back pack.
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    Thanks Mariah

I usually use a tamer with a blue beetle/whirlwind hence the piles of dead. But I'll have to take my melee  fighter out and give it a try.

I have a harvesters blade but don't usually use it because I don't want the meat. I hadn't noticed the extra 10% until I just reread the discrip

And TimSt you don't have to have the "Butcher's War Cleaver" equipped just using it to cut up the corps puts the leather in you backpack.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Tim said:

I have a harvesters blade but don't usually use it because I don't want the meat.
    if your wife does Cookind BODs, save the meat for her.
    cut of ribs, is one of the large BODs requirements.
    she can cook one stack at a time.

the natural dyes from cooking BODs will make her some money.
    The main difference, other than the bonus, is that butcher's war cleaver stops putting leather in your pack when you can't hold the weight of the hides. Harvester's blade stops putting it in your pack when you can't hold the weight of the cut leather.  Hides are very heavy.
    Open a corpse now and then to drop the meat in - or feed it to the pet.