I came back to nothing

I dont know if this is where I should post so excuse my ignorance. But I have been away from the game for many years. I quit when my uncle died (he played every day with us). So now I have returned, and i find half of my characters are gone, What remains is no gear, no money, and I believe no pets, I cant check because they wacked my taming skill as well. I still have lore and vet but 0 taming. Is there anything that UO can do to restore them or am I out of luck? 

I appreciate any advice anyone has for me. I did open a ticket but I dont know if they can help due to the many years of being gone and all. 

Thanks for listening.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    You should not give your account info to someone and expect everything to still be there?

Scores of returning players have come back this year and they had all their stuff.

Or you opened an EJ account?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • DSWJRDSWJR Posts: 3
    Never gave my info to anyone but my wife, and she is next to me and we didnt do it: :)

Im a network admin for a large company, My password is and was 16 characters long. Honestly no idea how they got the account. Its not a big deal I wanted to come back and enjoy new content. I cant see me rebuilding my account from 0. I have paid for this month. So maybe I'll walk around and look at things. 

• With all the changes to the game, rebuilding an account might not be that difficult. That is, if you decide you like what you see and want to stay. 

Ask in General Chat on your shard and you'll probably find a significant amount of help.

Good luck!
    -Arroth
  • psychopsycho Posts: 284
    Hi, sorry for your loss.  GMs do not replace lost items or skill.

What you can do though, is to buy one of those "Deluxe starter packs" then youll have accelerated skillgain, armor and basically what you need. If you find a good guild that can help you, you will be back in notime.

As a second note, if someone else been on your account you might want to secure it, or if its all clean might want to start a new account.  (note that your account might have some months for veteran reward pics)

Good lucks!
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    edited December 2020
    @DSWJR - Not sure why your account is all messed up but that doesn't sound like any sort of bug I've heard (sounds like someone else had access).

That said, for whatever it's worth to you depending on when you left, that gear might have been out of date and pretty useless these days (when I came back from time off my sampire had a full leather suit) so I wouldn't quit just because of losing gear. As another mentioned if you just ask in Gen Chat people are pretty giving to returning players looking to build a "starter" suit. Once you have that, it's relatively smooth acquiring wealth these days depending on what you like to do. 

As for skills, most are pretty easy to build with all the masteries these days along with pink and blue scrolls readily available with the treasure chest changes last year. You can also pretty easily find 10s & 15s PS as they are either super cheap or people might even give them to you.

The real value of your account is likely the veteran status / veteran reward options. Those can fetch upward of 100m+ each.
  • Could be you used soulstones back in the time to drain the missing skills for some reason. And put those soulstones either into a decayed house or into the bank box of another character.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    @DSWJR - This is from someone that offered a suggestion on stratics (below): 

Try checking all the other shards to see if maybe the characters and skills in question were transferred to other shards... if someone did hack his account they may have done that...

Also, he should just in case change his email and password for the account... just to be safe.

Maybe his Uncles family did something? Never know weirder things have happened... but I've heard of tons of old accounts that had been hacked over the years. Missing skills says to me that maybe they were stoned off and transferred to another shard.

As others have said check all the bank boxes to see if soul stones are maybe there and then check other shards to see if anyone was xferred. If this is the case your items are likely gone but at least you will have your characters still.

Hope that helps!
  • XrisXris Posts: 130
    They wont help you, but the good news is you can rebuild a char in days instead of weeks/months now. Even tamers. Lots of helpful people too.
  • Pretty much anything you had long ago you would change out, remodel the skill template, and start over anyway. In some ways it is much easier with a clean slate and there are plenty of people out there that will help you out. :-) 

Welcome Home  
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage
    Ancient Conclave of Wisdom

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Welcome back.  Which shard did you play on?  Which shard did your uncle play on?  How long has it been since you played?  What shard are you looking at to restart?
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited December 2020
    DSWJR said:
    I dont know if this is where I should post so excuse my ignorance. But I have been away from the game for many years. I quit when my uncle died (he played every day with us). So now I have returned, and i find half of my characters are gone, What remains is no gear, no money, and I believe no pets, I cant check because they wacked my taming skill as well. I still have lore and vet but 0 taming. Is there anything that UO can do to restore them or am I out of luck? 

I appreciate any advice anyone has for me. I did open a ticket but I dont know if they can help due to the many years of being gone and all. 

Thanks for listening.
    I came back to nothing too, 5 years ago. That was my 3rd time returning to the game. The 2nd time I left the game, my entire castle fell with all the soulstones, and lots of goodies. So yes I also started from almost but not entirely zero.

Then I rebuild it back over the past 5 years, studied and created new templates, tried out the new pvp, tamers, sampire, mystic spellweaving SDI mages, ninja thief, have 3 x crafters, 3 x bard mage. Thanks to the new and improved system, I get to create characters that can survive in Peerless, Shadowguard, Doom Dark Father, Abyss Dungeon and get a drop from EM events. Now I own 1 castle near to moongate in Trammel, and 2 large house inside cities' guard zone. 

Edit: added High Seas - this is the latest new part that I love to play at this time after other events are over. The Dev's done good upgrade for the high seas!

I have to say, I didn't spend much time training, because my training days are over and I feel that I do not enjoy that part. There are other ways to get skills back quickly - this is just me.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • DSWJRDSWJR Posts: 3
    Sorry i havent said much lately. Meet some nice people who gave me 4 million and some armor to get going again. I swear 4 m was about 3.9m more than i had. Got some nice ring and bracelet and am back in the game. In just a short time i rebuilt my missing skill and not worried about the rest. Looks like the game has changed so much that the gear i had was crud now anyhow. So thanks for the kind words and I will see you around.
  • Well Done. Merry Christmas and welcome home. 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage
    Ancient Conclave of Wisdom

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    That's good to have a returning UO player back !!

Merry Christmas to you and enjoy your UO time again !!