Luck in the party

How luck is working when in the party.

Let's imagine I have 2000 luck and my friend has 0. He is killing Miasma and I'm just strolling around doing nothing. Would my luck helps at all in this example?

Comments

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,789
    I know luck is not shared when digging up Treasure Chests when the characters are in a party.
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    luck goes off highest damager, so if hes out damaging you, his luck counts not yours.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,151
    Smoot said:
    luck goes off highest damager, so if hes out damaging you, his luck counts not yours.
    I thought that the luck was essentially averaged out when in a party based on people doing damage (ie you can't have a bunch of toons in max luck gear parked at a bank somewhere).
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,934
    Smoot said:
    So, basically, if in a party of 2 Character A has 3,000 Luck and Character B 0 Luck, if B does a whole lot of damage and A does less damage then the 3,000 Luck is not getting counted at all in regards to loot quality and drops ?
  • vortexvortex Posts: 201
    popps said:
    Smoot said:
    So, basically, if in a party of 2 Character A has 3,000 Luck and Character B 0 Luck, if B does a whole lot of damage and A does less damage then the 3,000 Luck is not getting counted at all in regards to loot quality and drops ?
    Did you not read what he said?
  • FortisFortis Posts: 410
    edited December 2020

did someone say luck is broken since the day it came to the game ?

some say sweet spot is near 1400-1500

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,209
    Fortis said:

did someone say luck is broken since the day it came to the game ?

some say sweet spot is near 1400-1500

I tried doing some testing a long time ago. It's been my mindset that the sweet spot in luck actually scales to what you're fighting. This sweet spot you mentioned is the conclusion i also came to while fighting bosses lower than roof level. 

But you know how it goes, we all do max luck just in case. 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,151
    I'd agree with this. 

Ultimately luck is so random that it makes people question what the actual sweet spot or ideal amount is (or if it even matters in game and only truly relies on real life luck). I've tried to test luck many times and personally my results on specific luck totals have come up inconclusive each time.