Might be too early but suggestions for next "Treasures of" event (rewards)

Based on overall feedback I've seen and trying to stay realistic with the suggestions for next event (ie not saying bring back everything from ToD plus bane dragons plus dread mares plus plus plus) I wanted to hopefully give the Devs some ideas since the Treasures of Ice drops were a little underwhelming (and confusing..... table legs?? Hmmm...).

For the next "Treasures of" event I think the following would likely be useful or something people would want to work towards:

1. Invasion style slayer book that has the vulnerability of that dungeon (ie Destard would be Reptile or Dragon).
  2. Non-dyeble color spellbook (pure white/blaze/glacial/etc) or just the dye itself.This one could be in addition to the slayer book or it's own separate since I liked the color of the spellbook Ice reward and there are very limited options for dying a spellbook.
  3. Tincture of "Silver" (potion & treats). This would be a low cost reward that gives the same thing we've had in previous events that doubles the damage for a limited time; I still have like 4 of these that say "soulbinder". 
  4. A new pair of earrings. Either like Wamap's Bone Earrings (protection from mobs in the dungeon) or perhaps something more usable for year round like 80 luck or 5 SSI or 5 SDI.
  5. Recipes for new items that use current items. I see a lot of people running around with capes (either Jumu or Cloak of Aug) and personally for my char I'd rather it be like a quiver where its small and stuck to your back (maybe like a "weapon holder" or "wizards sachel"). They do not need to be containers.

Anyone else have some ideas for the next event?

Comments

• I just hope they don't wait 8 months to start it. 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    keven2002 said:

For the next "Treasures of" event I think the following would likely be useful or something people would want to work towards:

1. Invasion style slayer book that has the vulnerability of that dungeon (ie Destard would be Reptile or Dragon).
    2. Non-dyeble color spellbook (pure white/blaze/glacial/etc) or just the dye itself.This one could be in addition to the slayer book or it's own separate since I liked the color of the spellbook Ice reward and there are very limited options for dying a spellbook.
    i like these ideas

keven2002 said:

1. A new pair of earrings. Either like Wamap's Bone Earrings (protection from mobs in the dungeon) or perhaps something more usable for year round like 80 luck or 5 SSI or 5 SDI.

yes
    we need earrings with Luck of 100 or 150
    SDI would be awesome too

keven2002 said:

1. Recipes for new items that use current items. I see a lot of people running around with capes (either Jumu or Cloak of Aug) and personally for my char I'd rather it be like a quiver where its small and stuck to your back (maybe like a "weapon holder" or "wizards sachel"). They do not need to be containers.
    I'm conflicted about this...
    I would like to be able to have a quiver look, for some chars,
    but for others, I'd like a potion, to be able to put the stats onto invasion cloaks.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    Lore book like deceit had.
    Potion of bane that allows you to add bane to any weapon. High priced item.
    SDI boots.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • RockStaRRockStaR Posts: 168
    Bane dragon statuette.
    Dread warhorse statuette.
    They can easily do it just like the triton. They don't have to add anything else to recreate them. They just gotta add the statuette function from triton/parox/grizzled mare.
    Dragon barding dyes.

• I’m still hoping for new conjurer's trinkets with slayers based on the dungeon. Cameos would still be preferred with the SSI bonus. But this gives another option. 
  • An ignore function for these forums.  
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    two posts that were off topic have been removed to prevent thread hijack.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    I’m still hoping for new conjurer's trinkets with slayers based on the dungeon. Cameos would still be preferred with the SSI bonus. But this gives another option. 
    While a cameo like slayer would be obviously preferred over a trinket style tali, I think that would be too overpowered for the event (unless maybe it's something like 250 drops) given how hard they are to come by. It would almost being like having a slither tali added as well.

I am 100% for a trinket like tali though with the slayer for the dungeon. It's something that would help with killing for the event, could be used outside of the event for newer players but wouldn't necessarily replace the cameo to keep people doing Shadowguard
  • *thinking*..... hm ... a talisman of spell protection would be nice - so against wither or bloodoath or against area damages like cold or fire - coming with some usable combination ( FC/FCR + SDI or HCI/DCI + DI for giving an example)....

a new rare ridable pet statuette
    and go on a bit on this line.... a silversteed statuette, an old kirin statuette (this beautiful reddisch brown with black mane), a dragon bane statuette....

a quiver which could be worn over a cloak for rangers and archers (and if this is possible - think if the slot for sash is working for it)

less paragon spawn....  o:)

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    How about a new pet eatable (Delicious Tasty Treats ?) that protects them from poison....

We have orange petals, Stone form and other stuff for characters, how about now having something for pets to be protected against getting poisoned even if they do not have poisoning ?
    Off topic posts have again been removed
  • AaylaAayla Posts: 170
    popps said:
    How about a new pet eatable (Delicious Tasty Treats ?) that protects them from poison....

We have orange petals, Stone form and other stuff for characters, how about now having something for pets to be protected against getting poisoned even if they do not have poisoning ?
    It’s called healing for pets and Veterinary for the tamers. 
  • Not so much a "reward", but depending upon where the event is held, I would like to see maybe a gypsy tent nearby with a banker and a provisioner.  Would be nice to be able to deposit gold, and restock my crossbow bolts without having to carry a bag of sending or recall out of the area.  Just my 2 cents.
    Please stay on topic. Off topic posts will be deleted.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    Building out the next dynamic events now, so if there's something you'd like to see let us know!
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    Maybe a larger area than a dungeon? I would like to see an area the size of Fire Isle/Isle of the Avatar. Especially if different 'zones' of the area contained more of a variety of mobs. 
    Kyronix said:
    Building out the next dynamic events now, so if there's something you'd like to see let us know!
    @Kyronix bane dragon statuettes that will pop a bane dragon (like tritons). Bring back the epaulettes. We need more useful items like deceit. Instead of just deco items.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited January 2021
    Kyronix said:

1. I thought the Dynamic Event series was a good opportunity to release 1 slayer spellbook at a time, named, themed, based on the Slayer Invasion Spellbooks, and including the rarer ones - such as Mage, Bat, Flame, Ice etc. a. To make a collection of these would be very cool. b. There are so few of these out there, and new players coming in all the time, they cannot get them already. I managed to get the Umbria 50% SDI spellbook, and the Undead Slayer 30% from the first event, they are a main staple in my backpack now.

2. Jewellery. Ring and Bracelet. Mage style. FC1. FCR3. DCI15. SDI12. EP25.  DCI15 could have an HCI15 variation for certain mages. EP25 could have a +15Mageskill variation for certain mages. Or the +Skill could even on the top. EP25 could also have a +8INT variation, or this could also go on the top.

3. Jewellery. Ring and Bracelet. Warrior Style. HCI15. DCI15. DI25, SSI10, EP25. DI25 could have Dex8 or +15WarriorSkill variations, or these could go on top.

4. The Lore books from the Events are quite cool. Very collectable. And the items.

5. About 6 of my characters across 4 accounts want these specific shields. Caster Version. Gargoyle and Human. Wooden Shield. Spell Channeling, FC0, Reactive Paralyse, DCI15, Soul Charge 30. +8 Int if any space. Make them fully repairable and pofable please - these are shields, they take a battering.

6. Wooden Shield. Warrior Version. Reactive Paralyse, DCI15, Soul Charge 30, SSI10. +8 Dex if any space.

7. More Slayer Talismans for Warriors - new art, also quite cool. Another set possible there.

That's my first set of requests for Rewards. :) Content-wise, I have no problems. Just keep using as many dungeons as possible.

Although.... Special Felucca Event. Dynamic PvP Event would be nice.

Having said that, put out some of these rewards, and I'm sure we'll all be in Felucca doing them.

^

@kyronix

• Dyes that are unique to that dungeon
    @Kyronix also get rid of the shardbound. 
  • RockStaR said:
    @ Kyronix also get rid of the shardbound. 
    This 100%
    edited January 2021
    We have no plans to remove the Shardbound property from Treasures related drops/rewards.  This was implemented to address what was the single greatest piece of negative feedback related to Treasures events.  We received numerous reports of players feeling as though individuals who visited less populated shards to farm Treasures content to ship back to other shards negatively impacted the entire experience for that particular shard.  Hence, those items are now shard bound.
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    You do know we can bring items back too, right?
    @jelinidas your comment needs additional context
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    The "team" needs a new focus group of players.
    edited January 2021
    Also @jelinidas if you are interested in participating in a fruitful discussion and exchange of feedback, I'm all for it and happy to have the conversation.  If you are just interested in popping off (as you often do) at your fellow players and the team as a whole, there isn't much to be gained from your participation.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    something high sea's <span>:wink:</span>
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • TecloTeclo Posts: 27
    Kyronix said:
    how about the new haven dungeon?
    with alot less paragons, and some usefull rewards for newer/returning players, to get some decent armor as a new or returningplayer, you are most in the hands of other players good will,

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    Kyronix said:
    New Deco at low cost.

Continue the lore books for each dungeon.

Keep doing the slayer book, tali, etc for the mobs in the event.

More color cubes.

Bane weapons of all types exceptional that can be imbued.

Dyes for the dungeon color.

Surprise us with useful items like the SSI epaulets.

Dexxers could use nice gorgets, chests, or sleeves.

Make some nice boot and jewelry that enhance our melee or caster templates.

Bane dragon statues that turn into a pet based on the 3 slot bane dragon range
    that spawn with 100 to 125 tactics.

Thanks

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.