What is missing from Forest of the Dark: Primers

I just realized what is missing from Forest of the Dark: Primers.  Usually when you kill the champ boss you get primers. Devs for future temporary champ spawns like Forest of the Dark how about having the boss give out primers if you already had received the special item.

Comments

• AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    That's a good incentive for people to finish off the spawn, especially after everyone has got the one off award. No one care about killing the guide now. 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited December 2020
    Aragorn said:
    That's a good incentive for people to finish off the spawn, especially after everyone has got the one off award. No one care about killing the guide now. 
    That is why I asked to the Developers the courtesy to make a change to The Guide Boss whereas, if within 1 hour from it spawning it has not been killed, the spawn would reset automatically...

Now, especially on those Shards with few players on, by the way also split among lots of concurrant content such as the Tears of the Ice Dragoc Deceit spawn, Krampus Trade Orders and fighting, and the Artisans' Festival intensive Bulk Order Deeds work necessary, of course that there is too few players around willing to kill The Guide Boss....

And this inability to reset that Spawns mean, for players looking to get Statues from that Spawn, the incapacity to keep fighting it to try get more statues for their collection...

Such a change to the mechanics should have been done before the new content came up though, now, with this Spawn ending on December 19th, is my understanding, I am not sure how effective it would be, with only a week left to go....

That is unfortunate, though, a lot of players who might have wanted or needed to get more Statues will not be able to because The Guide Boss can't be killed for lack of interested players....

@Kyronix , @Bleak , you are putting a hot fix, I seem to understand, for the Artisans' Festivals Rewards distribution, how about doing something also to get the Forest of the Dark Ilshenar Spawn possible to reset if The Guide Boss is not killed within X time from it spawning ?

Thanks.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    popps said:

That is unfortunate, though, a lot of players who might have wanted or needed to get more Statues will not be able to because The Guide Boss can't be killed for lack of interested players....

Thanks.
    Not a problem since the items are not shard bound.  You can buy these or trade these across shards.  Maybe you are confusing this with the fact that shard bound items are the ones that players can't complete sets of.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Pawain said:
    popps said:

Thanks.
    Not a problem since the items are not shard bound.  You can buy these or trade these across shards.  Maybe you are confusing this with the fact that shard bound items are the ones that players can't complete sets of.
    Hello ?

Not all players have Developed Templates across several Shards nor they can easily transfer their developed characters to another Shard...

Believe it or not, many players just stick playing on only 1 Shard because there they have their developed Templates, there they have their House....

Buy across Shards ? Possible but why should players have to buy them when they could work the spawn for Statues themselves ?

There is no need to drag the Shard Bound argument into this.... really no need....

But since you did... I will say it once again, Shard Bound items are, to my opinion, a blessing come true for low population Shards.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Please limit the discussion to primers.
    Sounds great but in the 2 weeks or so this was on before Ice Dungeon, we did these spawns every 30 mins.  But I do not think the devs are going to allow hundreds of primers being given out by killing this boss over and over.
    Pawain said:
    Sounds great but in the 2 weeks or so this was on before Ice Dungeon, we did these spawns every 30 mins.  But I do not think the devs are going to allow hundreds of primers being given out by killing this boss over and over.
    drop rate can be tweaked but at least there should be a chance. Currently killing the boss is for nothing for almost all players. 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    TimSt said:
    I just realized what is missing from Forest of the Dark: Primers.  Usually when you kill the champ boss you get primers. Devs for future temporary champ spawns like Forest of the Dark how about having the boss give out primers if you already had received the special item.

In fact I think they need to have some forms of collectible rewards for major bosses even for legacy ones. We fight and kill bosses hoping to get the random artifact drops. There are the usual loots, but would be nice if each kill is rewarding. At least a major or legendary arty, or a token which we get for each kill and exchangeable for gifts after say 100 kills. These are not paragons, they are "boss" level.

btw, I am not sure what you mean by primers lol.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Seth said:
    TimSt said:

skill mastery primers
    Aragorn said:
    Seth said:
    TimSt said:

skill mastery primers
    oh yes, my brain is not working fast enough lol
  • Pawain said:
    I don't see why not. No protection, there's a timer between spawns, and you can't combine primers. I think it'd be a good opportunity for those who can't do a Fel champ or are just too afraid to. These can already be obtained in a Tram ruleset.
    Id rather the loot were increased, as in armor.  You get primers from many things. 

One or a few legendaries would give incentive.
  • Agreed, primers should drop for these dynamic spawns.

Serrado was camped constantly when ToT was turned on, and that dropped up to 6 primers per boss kill.

The drop rate of level 1, 2, 3, seemed on the order of 80% level 1, 15% level2, 5% level 3.  So it's not like L3's are going to be flooding the market anyway...

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    edited December 2020
    @Pawain - I agree with you. There is no need for primers to drop from the dynamic champ (I'm actually surprised people haven't said the this champ should also drop Powerscrolls yet). It's a 1 month thing for people to get the special drop. The only reason it's a 1 month timer is because if it was 2 weeks; people would complain they didn't have enough time to do the spawn for their belt or their statues. 

I also agree that the loot should be bumped up and be a viable way for new players (and vets) to obtain some legendary gear to help with their suits. As it stands now, I went to help with the guide (there was only 4 people total) and my total loot was 3 items and they were like lesser magic items. If we kept it at the same number of items (3-4) but pushed the loot to be artifact level drops people would help kill the champ just for that chance (I know I would) without unbalancing things too much.
    Yeah, all bosses should drop at least some legendary. Its not as if legendary armors are always good, but the really good ones e.g. Mystic of Haste are rare.