Sad Christmas for Kids and Some Player

I'm very disappointed about this year's Christmas in Ultima.
You guys don't have the idea that physically handicapped people are playing Ultima Online like me?
Or what I was playing in Ultima, without fighting monsters or players?
I love decorating my house and gardening, just like I do in my real life.
So you guys don't have an idea what I want to say to  you.
You should not break a 20 year old tradition in this game.
You should not forget that someone really looks forward to holiday gifts.
I know you guys may not care... maybe I just need to shut my mouth and leave this game only.
Thank you.

Comments

• JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    Since I returned I've talked to or heard of so many players who continue on in Ultima Online despite physical handicaps. It's rather impressive to me because the game (being from a completely different time) seems to have so little in the way of disability accommodations. I know many people on my shard whose gameplay experience would improve -greatly- with simple changes to repetitive actions that aggravate their arthritis. 
  • Please don't leave.  This game needs people with gentle spirits like yours.
  • I agree, No need to leave but it for sure is a very disappointing situation. 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage
    Ancient Conclave of Wisdom

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Sad but no need to leave.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • RadstRadst Posts: 90
    Look at this long list of past Xmas Gift on wiki, since 1997. Not a single year skipped.

Better Late Than Never! Even repeated ones are welcomed.

Come on, Devs!!

• AuroraAurora Posts: 2
    edited December 2020
    Thanks everybody for trying to cheer me up with kind comments.
    I am scared that this is just starting to show the direction the Dev team is going. A tradition lasting over 20 years has been changed, old fun stuff is gone, we also cannot see the snowy world too in Ultima now.

Devs, I never mean to complain about the dungeon's event. That looks fun and exciting, surelly I would enjoy it too if I could. And I never meant to beg for special help in my play. Because I choose to enjoy playing with CC, if I needed something more convenient, I would need to play the EC (but sorry, I don't like EC's graphics.) I just wantted to tell the Devs that for such players whom can not fight well against monsters or even can at all, it would be a very sad time. I can not sit for long hours because of my handicaps.
    I had very few chances to get great items in this super inflation game. Often, items look great but the items are very, very expensive. During the Holiday time, Gifts were a fair chance for me to get great items without fighting.

Thanks again all.
    Have a good holiday.

• AenvarAenvar Posts: 42
    I love the Ultima series since I was a kid. I also deal with health problems today and, same as you, I can't stand EC graphics (and other issues) so I stick with CC. I wish there was more done to make our life easier, but unfortunately, it is what it is. Nothing I can do about it, just letting you know you are not alone on the struggle.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    @Aurora - Not sure what shard you play but you sound like you would benefit from a large guild like LLTS (on ATL). They do crafting days and guild hunts etc. You would be able to participate in fighting events with help from others and I'm sure they would help share the rewards. 
    edited December 2020
    Aenvar said:
    I love the Ultima series since I was a kid. I also deal with health problems today and, same as you, I can't stand EC graphics (and other issues) so I stick with CC. I wish there was more done to make our life easier, but unfortunately, it is what it is. Nothing I can do about it, just letting you know you are not alone on the struggle.
    I left and return to this game 3 times, and was confused with kingdom reborn 3D and current 3D EC.

If I am 50 and accept this EC, i think its good enough. Everyone should be on EC so the Dev can focus on making one better. 

The part of the community who insist only 1997 classic client just dragged the entire development down. The game could have attracted more new players if not because of this EC which is super bugged.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    @Seth - That's your opinion which you are entitled to.

That said, my opinion is that EC looks like crap and everyone should play UO as it was created 20+ years ago (in CC). If people want some kind of 3D'ish looking game then there is WoW or they can just go play the latest XBox/PlayStation game because those graphics blow EC out of the water and it's not even close. :) 
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    keven2002 said:
    @ Seth - That's your opinion which you are entitled to.

That said, my opinion is that EC looks like crap and everyone should play UO as it was created 20+ years ago (in CC). If people want some kind of 3D'ish looking game then there is WoW or they can just go play the latest XBox/PlayStation game because those graphics blow EC out of the water and it's not even close. :) 
    AMEN
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Artwork aside, CC has inferior functionality compared to EC. We should have 1 client with modern fuctionality / UI. An option for CC or EC graphics should be there so no one can perpetually debate which one is better anymore (it’s a matter of opinion after all). 
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    edited December 2020
    keven2002 said:

each time i saw a EC video on youtube and see how the character is floating on the land when running or riding i know i’m not going to use it. This is not about the art / design of 1 or 2 particular mobs but something you are watching ALL the time. 
    edited December 2020
    @keven2002 ;
    I didn't use EC because its 3D, because it is not. Its just better graphics than CC. I do play other 3D games like totalwar and assassins creed. So yeah in my view and opinion EC is acceptable and more modern than CC. 

But main reason is still enhanced functions, its not the graphic issue. Its Broken.
  • vortexvortex Posts: 200
    keven2002 said:

Lol...EC is the same perspective just horribly scaled cc graphics... honestly I can't stand the cc but others like it so to each their own
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    This game appears to have a much older player base than any other game I have played.  And, let’s face it, it appears that it is the player housing system is what keeps many of these players in the game.  I see far more houses than I do players.  Having a house creates a feeling of ownership in the game.  Getting these gifts represents the game’s commitment to those players paying the monthly subscription fee.  I agree with others that feel this tradition should continue.
    Arnold7 said:
    This game appears to have a much older player base than any other game I have played.  And, let’s face it, it appears that it is the player housing system is what keeps many of these players in the game.  I see far more houses than I do players.  Having a house creates a feeling of ownership in the game.  Getting these gifts represents the game’s commitment to those players paying the monthly subscription fee.  I agree with others that feel this tradition should continue.

Yeah, I agree these keep us in the game and coming back:
    • Housing
    • Persistent World
    • Traditional, annual gift (which is what this thread is about)
    :p

• AenvarAenvar Posts: 42
    The (other issues) I mention in my first post here are the bugs you refer to, also including messed bag display, one computer where the thing won't even launch and random crashes on another laptop.

Yes, all that could be my fault, but so far zero issues with CC, plus it looks as wonderfully as Ultima always did, so I'll keep using it.

I don't think accusing the classic userbase of "dragging developement down" is right in any imaginable way :) I concur though, having two separate clients for this game is unfortunate.