Potions of glorious fortune

Have these been permanently removed from the uo store? 

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    Good question. With the limited real estate in ice dungeon they are a must.

@Kyronix ???
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I wonder if anyone bought one when it was available and tried it during the current event. I feel it would work just the same but would be interesting to know for sure.  
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    We had to temporarily remove them due to the description on the item no longer being accurate.  Our plan is for them to be available for future ToTs.
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    Hm..... so the description is so hard to fix (while the effect itself actually worked) that no solution is identified since the last day of the deceit event (when the potion was taken out), and the impact is so severe that the sales of the last prime day of the deceit event, and the whole ice event can be given up ? (while the potion was offered nearly for the entire deceit event and ppl knew what it did even the description was not accurate?) i just don’t understand ......
  • psychopsycho Posts: 284
    edited December 2020
    Since the event started without the potion, might aswell run it through without.

For the next event, sure, add it.  Just let me know before I spend 20 hours grinding to get the reward :)
  • RockStaRRockStaR Posts: 168
    I got a few potions. Gonna be asking premium prices. Supply and demand since you can't get em.
  • psychopsycho Posts: 284
    Account bound.

Anyway I got a few potions in different characters, got them during the Khaldun event two years ago for freeeeeee.  But I have no intention of using them for this event.

10 more mini artis and im all finished with this ice dungeon event. 
  • Imagine removing a proven money maker that customers are wanting. Such amazing business sense 
  • Estel_RandirEstel_Randir Posts: 189
    edited December 2020
    This will be an unpopular opinion (but does not make it invalid) @Kyronix , but outside items like this that give a clear advantage in-game should never be allowed. This is a slippery slope to UO eventually becoming way too much like the Korean MMO's with cash shops that offer items like this for literally everything. The more you offer them, the more the playerbase will get used to it and ask for more. In turn you will give it to them. These items are also frequently used by people to farm the items/rewards for selling (instead of personal use) which inflates the economy even more with gold.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited December 2020
    I think the best way to deal with inflation is to create new money sink that are attractive. Maybe allow players to buy them using game gold as alternative to real cash. This will help remove lots of game gold.

I am not commenting if the potion is over powered. But I will opine that making the new functional items shard bound is hardly going to solve the problem. 

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    One aspect of this item that is really good is that it allows people who don't have much time to play a chance to get as much as they could in half the time.
  • I don’t understand your half answer tbh .. if the description was wrong why not just correct the description instead of removing them? 

Your logic is always elusive and no date around them being available is bizzare especially as they were the featured item in the store during the deciet event 

This events smaller in scale and will now generate zero revenue sounds like a fail on so many levels 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Some posts were removed.  In essence, many players look forward to the return of this item to the store.
This discussion has been closed.