Vault Storage Delayed at Launch

I know either Bleak or Kyronix said it somewhere...but the search function on this forum does not work and I know I'm not going crazy, I read it SOMEWHERE....can you clarify that it WILL be released at a later date but was NOT intended to be available on launch day, I'm assuming it's still being tested? 

Thanks!

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    It's in the newsletter:

4.  We know there has been a lot of discussion related to the amount of storage that Endless Journey accounts will have access to.  We are still actively developing means of allowing Endless Journey accounts access to some level of secure storage.  These options will not be part of the initial release of Endless Journey and may come at a later time.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Ah HA! I KNEW I read it somewhere! Thanks Mariah!

• DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    There should be a big popup to tell players this when they sign in.

"How do I access my bank" is becoming a very common question. 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    As soon as you say 'bank' at the bank you get a message:

The Endless Journey FAQ is full of useful info, including a link on recovering an account.

The publish notes also mention the no bank access.

and finally there's also a page on the wiki for Endless Journey

• DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    I've had 3 people ask me about "where is my bank" on two different shards while I was sitting at the spellweaving circle in Britain. 
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Well those people need to learn how to read! See this is what I was talking about...not everyone is gonna want to spend an hour reading page after page of information..they just wanna log in and play....so SOMETHING has to be in game to get these people going...a nice new player experience would have been nice.

• CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    edited April 2018
    So, According to the EJ restriction list, EJ accounts can use things such as Soulstones. (it doesn't say they can't)

The question I have, is.... If an EJ account doesn't have access to the contents of their bank, how exactly would they use their soulstone without Subbing?

the reason I ask, is because when you redeem a soulstone from a token, it's placed in the bank box.   so... obviously there's an issue with that.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • Hera_SiegeHera_Siege Posts: 51
    edited April 2018
    CovenantX said:
    So, According to the EJ restriction list, EJ accounts can use things such as Soulstones. (it doesn't say they can't)

The question I have, is.... If an EJ account doesn't have access to the contents of their bank, how exactly would they use their soulstone without Subbing?

the reason I ask, is because when you redeem a soulstone from a token, it's placed in the bank box.   so... obviously there's an issue with that.
    Doh!  And if a returning char through a whole bunch of stuff in their bank box [ie soulstones] that's not going to work...
  • SableSable Posts: 239
    edited April 2018
    Make a second EJ Account and character to hold and trade items.
  • Captain_LuckyCaptain_Lucky Posts: 556
    edited April 2018
    I've had numerous people ask me about EJ and I keep telling them not to come back now because there isn't any storage. I told them as soon as there's storage I'll let them know. I tell them if they want to make an account and just walk around to see the place again that's fine but don't plan on being able to actually play. I've let them know if they have stuff in the bank, forget about it, and they should hold off till it's all worked out.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    *sigh*

A player really does not need a house and bank crammed full of items to enjoy UO. A basic suit, and stashing some supplies on their alt, is enough to explore UO, do quests, RP, makes friends to dungeon crawl and go after bosses. There have been a LOT of changes and additions since many of these vets left. Plenty to explore. And a whole new world for new players.

A returning player will obviously be disappointed that they cannot access their banked items - but previously they could not access ANYTHING without subscribing. It's FREE... Perhaps offering suggestions on how to work with the limitations until there is secure storage would be more constructive.

As for the SS issue, that is a problem that needs to be addressed ASAP imo. Change it so the token spawns the SS in backpack, or remove it from the store for EJ are quick fixes that come to mind. For vet EJ accounts with SS stuck in their bank, they are just going to have to wait or subscribe to clean out their bank and prep their account for EJ. Make a new EJ char while they wait for their main account to gain EJ status again.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Tan, come on, now you're getting crazy. Or did you recently get rid of your houses on Siege and all of your deco as a show of Solidarity ?
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    I love housing and deco and I am willing to pay for that option. My point is that not EVERYONE needs that to enjoy UO. I point to all the Borg Cubes as proof.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    And I point to Freja for all of those Borg cubes :-P
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • InLorInLor Posts: 354
    Not everyone needs tons of storage. But a bank limited in how many items you can put in for free is a basic feature every single mmorpg comes with. You dont open a restaurant and charge for salt. It's not a unique selling point and plain silly.
    A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.
  • Captain_LuckyCaptain_Lucky Posts: 556
    edited April 2018
    We're not talking about hoarding tons of stuff. We're talking ZERO storage. That's crazy.
  • I'm wondering what happens with an account if I have tons of stuff in the bank and I bring it back? Am I just not allowed to access it or has it all been wiped? If I sub up does that stuff still exist in the bank now? Of course some say UO has NEVER wiped anything! lol
    I think BS intended to have a type of secure bank from the start. At the 20th anny party, they said something about EJ 'paying' a fee for bank storage (a bit like vendor weekly/monthly rental fees maybe?). If they failed to renew, the contents of the vault would go up for a kind of auction - Storage Wars style. Either that coding just did not pan out, or they ran out of time and had to launch EJ without out it. Video of the presentation is on YouTube. I'd link, but I am not sure that is allowed.

In any case, I think they ARE working on it.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Coming soon to a Public Storage site near you, LMAO