Dec 1st, where's my Holiday token?

I'm really sad. I thought I would log and see pop my Holiday token :(

Where is it?

Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Does anyone know what content has actually been activated for December, if any, at servers up from maintainance ?
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Last year it was Dec 3rd before everything started - tokens, Krampus, Artisan Fest.
  • qweryqwery Posts: 23
    Krampus still sleeping too
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    Artisan Fest has been started
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Dark Forest goes through the 20th...can't remember when they said Krampus would be activated..soon I hope! And no mention of Holiday Tokens that I can recall....what else would you guys want? Just curious because honestly I have been selling off most of my Christmas stuff. We've gotten like 4 different styles of trees, all kinds of deco...wreaths, garland, bells,candy canes, etc...what else is there to give?  Another round of rare gift boxes I guess.....

I'm hoping for a full set of these new statues for Christmas but :/ the RNG hates me lol

• ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    Me too Larisa, I managed to get each one up until last year and missed several then.  That ruins it for this year and I've about given up even doing it. 

• MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Larisa said:
    ....what else would you guys want?

Elf Statues! (In a good size - smaller than the spawn statues but bigger than the wizards on a bench.) A good size reminds me - maybe add a rocking horse that is smaller than the current castle size ones to the list too.

• Larisa said:
    Dark Forest goes through the 20th...can't remember when they said Krampus would be activated..soon I hope! And no mention of Holiday Tokens that I can recall....what else would you guys want? Just curious because honestly I have been selling off most of my Christmas stuff. We've gotten like 4 different styles of trees, all kinds of deco...wreaths, garland, bells,candy canes, etc...what else is there to give?  Another round of rare gift boxes I guess.....

I'm hoping for a full set of these new statues for Christmas but :/ the RNG hates me lol
    I miss getting things like soulstone fragments, heritage tokens, and similar stuff. 
  • GemGem Posts: 37
    I recall several years when holiday gifts came late. I'm patient :)
  • I'd like a Christmas mailbox!
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    I miss getting things like soulstone fragments, heritage tokens, and similar stuff. 
    Agreed! Even if they did holiday clothes or red/green armor (no stats just for show) that we could wear and then throw on a mannequin that would be cool.

I like the useful type of gifts (or wearable at the least) as the decor ones of the past several years basically just end up collecting dust and taking up space after December. 
  • Larisa said:

I don't see them giving useful things away anymore...would take $$ from the stores
  • They better kick Krampus in gear. Would not be xmas without getting ganked by a pack of minions. 
  • HippoHippo Posts: 267
    I have halted character transfers pending token activation because of the 30 day age requirement to receive a token. It would be nice to receive holiday decor weeks before Xmas.
  • HippoHippo Posts: 267
    keven2002 said:
    Agreed! Even if they did holiday clothes or red/green armor (no stats just for show) that we could wear and then throw on a mannequin that would be cool.

I like the useful type of gifts (or wearable at the least) as the decor ones of the past several years basically just end up collecting dust and taking up space after December. 
    Aye - Elf clothes would complement the Krampus Santa hats and boots quite nicely :) 
    Marge said:
    Larisa said:
    ....what else would you guys want?

Elf Statues! (In a good size - smaller than the spawn statues but bigger than the wizards on a bench.) A good size reminds me - maybe add a rocking horse that is smaller than the current castle size ones to the list too.

Elf Statues would be good, maybe the size of the smaller Nutcrackers

And yes PLEASE a smaller rocking horse...

I need a ladder to get up on this thing! 

• psychopsycho Posts: 284
    edited December 2020
    Pretty sure the xmas tokens not been activated before dec 15th some years.
    No rush, I can wait, once its out its a full month to collect them so you got the time :)

As for the content, something usefull would be nice.
    people like deco, collectables, but also something usefull like recipes, items etc
    examples of usefull rewards: powerscroll book, trans book, recipe book, jewelry box, shadow/crystal token, recipes, or heritage token.  You could also make a token that gives say 15 soverigns for the UO store just to be creative. Its best to invent new stuff, and not give out old rewards from previous years.

What would really be cool is some greater gift that once you collect all 24 or 30 variants it can transform into a higher version, only possible if you collected all variants, that would be cool (and kinda usefull)

• i would like the holiday fireflies in one solid color, like gold, red, silver, white, blue. 
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    As always, I'd like for a reward that is more 'lore in-game' than out. "A gilded mug bearing the crest of Blackthorn wishing you a prosperous new year." 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Wishlist:
    Designer face mask for Christmas, takes up ear slots and comes with 10 ssi  :)
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • The game gump is showing the previous years time frame.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    @Mesanna @Bleak @misk @Kyronix

Rumors are flowing.  Are we getting gifts this year?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Nov news letter has this
    "Make sure you watch your P's and Q's because Santa is watching and Christmas is right around the corner!"

Even if we don't get a traditional UO Gift, we have the Forest Champ spawn still running, the Artisan Festival, Krampus AND the new Ice Dungeon event starting tomorrow. LOTS of gifts can be had with all of that. Yes I do look forward to the Happy Holidays from the UO Team cards, I save at least one from every year from every member of the current team, I am  quite satisfied with ALL of these events running right now.

So I am not one of those who thinks it's okay to demand gifts, but I must say I look forward to them every year--even retreads...And this year, such a terrible year, I would be very sad if there weren't any.  Hoping the team comes through for us!
    So I feel if it is true there will be no gifts, the UO team should announce it. It will be terribly sad to lose something we have had since UO's first year--but if that is the decision, please be honest with us.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    I think it was planned for but they are busy with Legacy server development... and maybe taking too much time reading popps' posting.. :D
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    It is disappointing that the further in to the month we go the more it looks like they're not doing gifts (for the first time in 23 years). Especially for people who activated extra accounts so as to qualify for them. A comment one way or the other would be appreciated even though we all know a firm 'no' will provoke a lot of flak. Probably better to rip that bandage off early.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    That is sad that they can't make a token with a few gifts.  Looks like Live shards are in the far back seat because they are working on the NL shard.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.