Too much is TOO much....

poppspopps Posts: 3,903
edited December 2020 in General Discussions
So we have ALL AT ONCE the following content going....

- Forest of the Dark Ilshenar spawn with a full set of Statues needing 64 pieces...

- Krampus (which also requires a lot of work in getting Trade Orders done...)

- The Artisan Festival whereas trying to have a decent chance at a gift needs a significant BOD work

and now you are also adding

- Tears of the Ice Dragon 

Excuse me ?

Who can play 24/7 to be able to allocate to each and all of this content sufficient time to get it done to its fullest ?

I was trying to make a set (64 statutes in it !!!) of the Forest of the Dark Ilshenar Spawn Statues but now, forget about it (I only got about 30 so far...) .... even if I did not want to participate to Tears of the Ice Dragon (while instead I would like to), chances are that most players will go there and so, I won't have a chance to have enough players to come kill The Guide Boss for a spawn restart and, considering how rare is the Statues' drops, this means that very likely one will have to wait for server up to see the Ilshenar Spawn to restart....

AT THE VERY LEAST, please consider implementing a change to the Forest of the Dark Ilshenar spawn whereas, if The Guide Boss is not killed within 1 hour from when it spawns, this particular Champion Spawn will RESET itself, automatically...

This way, all those players who want to keep getting Statues will at least have a chance to get drops even if there is not enough players to help kill The Guide Boss.

Otherwise, what the opening or Tears of the Ice Dragon will mean, is my guess, is that all those players wanting to keep trying to get Statues will likely have to forget about it as The Guide won't get killed for lack of players and this Spawn will get hung up.

Comments

• FortisFortis Posts: 408
    you dont have to do everything that the game offer... just play like you want for your game time play
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 883
    edited December 2020
    That didn’t take long did it.
     Well seeing as you do not speak for me you can piss right off Popps. You don’t have to do it so go moan somewhere else. This is going to be most welcome. Just for once in your life SHUT UP and stop posting journals that no one cares about.  Spend more time In game and less here and do us all a favour and you might actually achieve something ingame

i am embarrassed for you 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Well, I wanted to get a set of the Forest of the Dark Ilshenar Statues but, we are only about 10 days from it being over (I understood December 19th), I got only about 35 Statues and, considering how hard the drops are (I have not even gotten any of the rare hue statues at all !!), and the fact that the new Event will attract players to it making it quite difficult to refresh this Champion Spawn, it looks that, no matter how much time I may have invested into this Event, I will not be able to reach my desired goal, unfortunately....

Which kinda makes me wonder what is the point of actually starting such collections if then one can very hardly complete them within the allocated time window for the Event...

I guess next time I will make treasure from this lesson and forgo future such thoughts to gather a full set of the drops from taking place.... 64 Statues are too many, drops are too scarce for the extremely short time lived of this particular content, and too much content been released all at once thus not making one able to focus entirely on a given new content but have to split one's online time among so much different content. I just wished I had known all of this before actually starting this collection, I would have saved my time to do something else....

Oh well....
  • I for one don’t care what you want. Get over yourself.  This game is not just for you. Just so us all a favour and stop moaning 
    edited December 2020
    I for one don’t care what you want. Get over yourself.  This game is not just for you. Just so us all a favour and stop moaning 
    Content, I think, should be reasonably doable in the allocated time of the Event lifetime by the average player with average only time at hand.

Tailoring an Event and its Rewards for players who can play extensively or who have uber Templates and can do tons of kills in no time, at least to my opinion, risks to not address the largest majority of players with only average time to play and average Templates that they can use but only a more reduced number of players who have lots and lots of time to play, or the best templates to use to maximize their kills for the highest drops rate.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246

So knowing what you know now, would you still have wanted Treasures of Deceit event extended also? :)

• @popps...Whenever I play Catskills you are ALWAYS on. No matter what time of day. You of all people should not be bitching about time to play. You play more then anyone I have seen!

And btw...Last year you nonstop complained about bank sitters and Krampus. Now look at you, 3 runs and bank sit then yelling out for a gate! I agree with above, hush.
    edited December 2020
    Cookie said:

So knowing what you know now, would you still have wanted Treasures of Deceit event extended also? :)

Hell no !!

Seriously though, I really think that newly added content should always keep in mind the average player's Template and the average player's logging in time.

I happen to think that this is an entertainment product, meant to bring leisure and fun to players.

Unfortunately, a good chunk of what we can do in the game requires grinding which, after a while, becomes old and repetitive and tedious.

Different players have different levels of how much grinding they can take before they give up and move elsewhere.... so, I think, it would be advisable that whatever the grinding is supposed to bring to the player, does not exceeds the "average" player's tolerance for grinding.

For example, is it reasonable that the Forest of the Dark Ilshenar Spawn can provide 64 different Statues for a full set ?

Considering the life span of the Event, a little more then a month, the extreme low drop rate (most players I talked to mentioned being able to get 1, occasionally 2 statue drops per day), and the fact that this Event has been released with other concurrant Events which reduces the time that a player wanting to participate to the other Events as well can possibly invest in this one, my opinion is that 64 statues for a full set was too high a number of them.

They should have been around 20 and no more. This way, those "average" players with "average" playing time wanting to get a Statues set, could have achieved it without having to renounce to participating to the other, concurrant Events.

I just hope that the Rewards' list for Tears of the Ice Dragon is an uninteresting one for me, this way, I will have no problems in just not playing this content and focus on the Ilshenar spawn for more Statues (although I see it hard to kill The Guide Boss alone or in 2 people.... the Developers should really make a change that this Spawn will resets automatically if, after 1 hour from spawning, The Guide Boss has not been killed...) as well as on the Krampus spawns (although also here, it would be tough to do all Trade Orders to spawn a Krampus on my own and kill it also alone....) and the Artisans Festival...

I think it is too much all at once.... others may like it to have so many options, I think instead that all of this content could have been scheduled one after the other so as to give to players more ease to do it all, and not all at the same one time whereas players now have to make choices of what content to do while instead they might be wanting to do it all.

It is was all permanent content, it would not be an issue as players could just go do it whenever they feel like.

The problem starts when content is time limited and with a deadline. Either one does it now, or who knows when it will come back again, if even....
  • vortexvortex Posts: 200
    I love it and I play on limited time... If I get something that's great, if not I had fun playing.... Play the game for fun ffs
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    The directive to try to collect everything yourself is entirely your own decision. You want it to be easy enough so you can accomplish your goal. I take it most people don’t care to collect everything and are just fine with what they get when they get it.  Not everyone cares to collect so much especially considering the fact that storage is limited.

It’s a miracle this game is still getting updates at all considering how old it is. I recall spans of time where there was really nothing to do.  The devs have made it easier to implement events and people are loving it.  
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    edited December 2020
    It's not only 4 overlapping events, but it's 7 or 8 back to back events / overlapping each other all at some points!

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    We want more stuff to do !! No that's too much for to long wait not long enough...smh
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    You forgot the other 100 plus things you can always do. 4 more ain't that much.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Damn... i resubbed just to comment then remembered this is care bear land and not unleased , we have got to do something to get HIM over there ASAP. So we can have a candid and polite conversation of course . >:)
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904

They are just adding a variety of options, just like a buffet, so that you can eat what you can.
    Ofcourse, if you cannot eat them all, then don't.

I prefer more options, so that I can choose the event(s) that I like to do at anytime.

And most of these events are collecting decor items, which does not really affect gameplay. There are no new contents apart from the Forest event which is coming to an end soon.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited December 2020
    Seth said:
    @ popps

They are just adding a variety of options, just like a buffet, so that you can eat what you can.
    Ofcourse, if you cannot eat them all, then don't.

I prefer more options, so that I can choose the event(s) that I like to do at anytime.

And most of these events are collecting decor items, which does not really affect gameplay. There are no new contents apart from the Forest event which is coming to an end soon.

Oh, do not get me wrong, I am all for a variety of options only, they should not be "this" many !!

When we have a long list of 64 statues to collect, some even rare hue drops, and then we also have Krampus with its list of wanted drops, especially for those who missed Krampus in the past, and then we also have new Artisans Festival gifts, and now who knows what the list will be for the Rewards from the Tears of the Ice Dragon new content, it becomes a struggle for a players who might be interested in them all....

Sure, they can make choices, no doubt, but in the end, they will always be left with a bitter taste about content that they wanted to participate to, but that they had to miss out because it was put out with other content at the same concurrant time that they also wanted to do.

My question is, does it help Ultima Online, really, if players are forced to have to pick this or that content and thus have to miss out what they did not have time for thus leaving a feeling of bitterness with them ?

As I said, if this was all permanent content, we would not be having this discussion now..... the problems pops up because it is limited time content.... either it is done NOW or, who knows if and when the player will be able to do it again.....
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Well the Ice rewards are not that great.  You can keep doing other stuff instead.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • why don't you do us all a favour and just email Mesanna  like I said YOU don't speak for me, I love the variety you just want to be greedy or have everything dropped in your lap, well life and this game does not work like that. If you cant get all the statues then trade with others, if they will even talk with you...........
    My fear is that your constant whining may actually end up influencing the devs and OUR game play gets negatively affected by YOU.

So like I said, shut up, stop moaning 

And here is a tip for you, nobody reads you stupid journals, so stop lecturing people as we just don't care
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Opinions noted.
This discussion has been closed.