Dieing when delivering a Krampus Trade Order : why do we have to get our backpack messed up ?

It can happen, for a system freeze or whatever, that one may die while delivering a Trade Order for Krampus.

Well, aside from the Trade Order going "poof", the really annoying thing is that all the items that were in the container now mess up the backpack....

Wasn't it possible to manage that in a better way like perhaps turning the Trade Order container into a regular container BUT still containing all of the items so that a player would not have to discard them 1 at a time to clear up one's own now messed up backpack ?

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,052
     :D
    Popps did a Trade route finally.

They need to change the box to cut the item numbers in half. 5 lines can take 80 to 100 items. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,937
    Pawain said:
     :D
    Popps did a Trade route finally.

They need to change the box to cut the item numbers in half. 5 lines can take 80 to 100 items. 
    And if one happens to die because the computer freezes, the client hangs up or what not, the backpack is then littered by those 80 to 100 items which need be taken out 1 by 1 ....

It ain't funny, and it could be avoided by simply converting the Trade Order box into a regular container with the items staying inside upon dieing...

This way, the player could simply pick that regular container and trash it or do whatever they want with it.....
  • ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    edited December 2020
    Not a lot of things we agree on Popps, but this one you are spot on, there's no need to have that mess and it is not difficult to get killed when like you say, a client lockup or some other unforeseen reason and it certainly is easy to get spanked by the last couple of spawns on those ambushes.
  • usernameusername Posts: 700
    It's 'dying'.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,175
    One way around that? Don't die...

KIDDING!

Fill your order AT the city of destination. 

edited December 2020
    Larisa said:
    One way around that? Don't die...

KIDDING!

Fill your order AT the city of destination. 
    Well dying is not the only way to end up with a messed up backpack....

Say that Krampus spawns while one is delivering a Trade Order and the player might want to cancel it so as to be able to fastly get to the place where Krampus spawned, guess what.... their backpack would be all messed up from the Trade Order items contained from cancelling it...

And this should be easily avoided by simply turning the Trade Order special container into a normal container, still retaining in it all of the items.... the player could then just drop this container rather then having to discard some 100 items, perhaps, 1 by 1.....
    That's why I said to fill the order AT the city of destination...that way if you are on your way to the destination city and he spawns, cancelling the trade order won't mess up your pack because you haven't filled it yet.

Next argument?

Larisa said:
    That's why I said to fill the order AT the city of destination...that way if you are on your way to the destination city and he spawns, cancelling the trade order won't mess up your pack because you haven't filled it yet.

Next argument?
    Well, my answer to that is that, while at the Origin Town, obviously, ALL of the required items are sold by NPCs, this is not a guaranteed to be the same case when trying to fill up at the destination Town.

Besides, all it would have taken to solve this problem is to have the Trade Order special container be TURNED INTO a regular, normal,ordinary container upon dying or when cancelling a Trade Order.

This would have solved any issue with littering the backpack with a ton of items to then have to discard....
  • Dont die...or dont do this event. What a concept.
    Maybe the coding won't ALLOW them to turn it into a REGUALAR container....and in all years I have been doing this, I have been doing it the same way and have NEVER run into an issue filling an order.

Regular...I hate that I can't edit my post!

Anyway, I know that you like to argue, and prove a point, and beat the dead horse and all that, and that's great! But you have to think about coding too. To have a trade order box turn into a regular box might not be feasible. You have to come up with a work around, and like I said I've never had  an issue doing it the way I described, if others have, they aren't sayin!

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,794
    Definitely try to fill most if not all of your trade order in your destination town.  This does require knowing what you can buy in that town and where.  If necessary have a second account do the buying and transporting of the goods using recall spells or gates after your primary account reaches the destination. 
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,834
    edited December 2020
    Larisa said:
    Regular...I hate that I can't edit my post!

Anyway, I know that you like to argue, and prove a point, and beat the dead horse and all that, and that's great! But you have to think about coding too. To have a trade order box turn into a regular box might not be feasible. You have to come up with a work around, and like I said I've never had  an issue doing it the way I described, if others have, they aren't sayin!
    I suppose you mean "I hate that I cannot edit my post after the one hour time limit" ?

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    Larisa said:

Next argument?
    Not arguing with you but buying those useless stuff to fill the order is just lame. Let's have the trade order filled with goods and it comes with a value and you're just more like a courier to deliver the order. If you die and lost the trade order you need to pay double the value of the goods something like that.