Dark Monk Statues

Hey has anyone realized that you can shoot the new statues? They tell you where you hit and keep a score! Stumbled upon this last night after the em event on Great Lakes. Just found it amusing and wanted to share. 

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    They have a 50/50 chance of being dartboard type or archery butt type.

• Haha, thanks @Mariah! For some reason i missed that page. I guess i jumped into this new content feet first. 
  • Just a quick foot note on that info: the belts are one per shard, not just one per account.  Which worked out great for my event thrower toons as they where built with healing skill. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    If you have tokens you can take a single toon to all the shards you can go to and get a belt.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited November 2020
    What is the total of Hues that the statues can drop with and does anyone have a list of them all ?

Also, are there any hues which are rarer to drop then the others ? Which are they on such a case ?

Thanks
    popps said:
    What is the total of Hues that the statues can drop with and does anyone have a list of them all ?

Also, are there any hues which are rarer to drop then the others ? Which are they on such a case ?

Thanks
    https://www.uo-cah.com/pub-109/forest-of-the-dark#rewards

1168 is the rare one.
    Pawain said:
    popps said:

Thanks
    https://www.uo-cah.com/pub-109/forest-of-the-dark#rewards

1168 is the rare one.

Thank you.

So, a full set would need 8 x 8 = 64 Statues....

Wow, I wonder how many players will be able to get (not buy) 64 Statues for a full set...

I do not know others, but the most I can get is like 1, rarely 2 statues per day considering their drop rate.....

I guess that I have no chance to get 64 Statues for a full set.... oh well....
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    popps said:

Thank you.

Wow, I wonder how many players will be able to get (not buy) 64 Statues for a full set...

I do not know others, but the most I can get is like 1, rarely 2 statues per day considering their drop rate.....

Teamwork. Trading. Guild. Friends.

This is a multiplayer game, you seem to consistently fail to see that in all of your posts.

edited November 2020
    Cookie said:
    popps said:

Thank you.

Teamwork. Trading. Guild. Friends.

This is a multiplayer game, you seem to consistently fail to see that in all of your posts.

Well, most players I have been talking to have been telling me that they are able to get 1, perhaps 2 Statues per day....

So far.... December come, we are going to get new content like Krampus among others which it will mean, that players wanting to participate in the December content, will need to necessarily reduce their participation to the Forest of the Dark Ilshenar Spawns unless they can significantly increase their in game time...

So, one is bound to assume, most players Statues' drops will reduce from the 1, perhaps 2 sometimes per day, to maybe 1 every 2 days or who knows....

It is kinda hard to then be able to reach the 64 Statues in a set for the "average" players, isn't it ?

And I said, without buying them, I did not say without trading one's own doubles....

So, this has got nothing to do with trading items in a Multiplayer game, this has got more to do about content which hardly the average player, with limited in-game time, can think to complete in the allocated time for the Event....

Again, it looks to me that, like the Deceit's Treasures of the Undead Lords of last month, also this seems to be not much friendly to average players with limited time to play....

Statues seem to be, it looks to me, in such a high number for a complete set, that hardly an average player with limited time to play, can, in the allocated window time for the Event, be able to EARN (not buy from others) on their own, by participating to the Event.

To my opinion, of the 2 options it is either one : either the Rewards for the Event are set too high a number for the average UO player with limited time in game to get, OR, the allocated window time for the duration of the Event has been set too short a one, like it was last month, for the average player with limited time to play UO, to be able to EARN the complete set of the Rewards made available.

And no, getting gifts from fellow players is not an acceptable option to my opinion.... I think that new content should be released in a way that it should be feasible for the AVERAGE player with limited time to play the game, to be able to EARN (not get as gifts or buy...) whatever Rewards that given new content is making available, all and any of them, not just some.

Then, the player could freely choose not to participate to the Event or only get some of those Rewards if so they wish, but they should be given ample time to be able to get them all, if so they wanted, and this, to my opinion, in their AVERAGE player time in the game that they can.

What is a reasonable player's average time in the game then ?

I would say, like 1 hour a day which, for players having to work or study, having a family or other real life things to do, is even a whole lot of time to spend on a computer game me thinks...

The Event has been planned to go on for what, 30 days ?

So, can an average UO player get more then 2 statues per day in 1 hour play all devoted to the new Ilshenar Forest of the Dark Event, considering the Statues drop rate as it is ?

I seriously doubt it and this, besides my personal experience, also from talking to others participating to the Event which seem to spend significantly more then 1 hour per day and hardly can get 1 or maybe 2 Statues' drops per day, and not even every day...

I think that, for future Events, the Rewards' list, Event spanning window time and Rewards drop rate should be so as to accomodate the AVERAGE player to be able to fully get any and all Rewards which that Event is bringing in that AVERAGE playing time that the player can spend in Ultima Online.

That is at least how I see it.
    edited November 2020
    @popps ; UO is not meant for every player to have everything. Please stop complaining and just play on Test Center.

Or you just think they should have 1 statue so the guy who just played one time can get everything.
    edited November 2020
    Pawain said:
    @ popps  UO is not meant for every player to have everything. Please stop complaining and just play on Test Center.

Or you just think they should have 1 statue so the guy who just played one time can get everything.
    What is the point to release content and items if then the average UO player with limited in game time was not enabled to fully play that content and get those items if so they wanted in that average, limited time?

I do not get what the point might be to have customers remain unhappy because they could not fully have access to the content released due to lack of time when, instead, things could have been arranged in a way to permit the average player with limited time to be able, if so they wished, to fully have access to all new items released, even considered their limited time to play.

I do not see how unhappy customers can be better to have then happy customers.

• The point is to release content to the game so that players can play said content.  Not everyone cares about getting every color of every item released, and some of those that are realize that there is trading and buying of some of the items involved.  That is the way a game is played.  It's not all about participation trophies.  Those that play the game to play the game understand this concept.  Every account ( and save the 5 page dissertation about cheaters, scripters and the like, as they are not playing the game to play it) have the exact same odds.  You have a knack to whine about every aspect of every content in the game.  Save the longwinded posts and go play the game.  

edited November 2020
    I have not heard any other players that are unhappy about not getting every type and color of everything.  Only you @popps

I have not got any of the rare color vet rewards ever. And I have toons on every shard and spend hours getting the tokens.  Hundreds of them.  No antique item last year. No rare color cauldron or book this year. No rare color statue this year.

Somehow I happily play every day.

UO is not for you or those unhappy players.
    Sir_Jerms said:
    The point is to release content to the game so that players can play said content.  Not everyone cares about getting every color of every item released, and some of those that are realize that there is trading and buying of some of the items involved.  That is the way a game is played. 
    Absolutely, the released content is meant for players to play it, that's a given.

And sure, there do are players who do not care about getting every color of every item released, hell, there is even players who do not care at all about deco items !!

Nonetheless, there DO are players who, instead, want a set of whatever has been released as new items....

So, what about them ?

Shouldn't the new content be designed in a way that also these players can be accostumed in their desire to get from the Event what they might be interested in (a full set) even when their in-game time is "average" (note. I did not say scarce, I said "average" as, to my opinion, content span time should be tailored on the "average" playing time of the average player so as to try accomodate most players' needs....) ?

Or are these players to be considered less important players and, thus, not relevant when it comes to decide a life span for a given new Event ?
    It's not all about participation trophies.  Those that play the game to play the game understand this concept.  Every account ( and save the 5 page dissertation about cheaters, scripters and the like, as they are not playing the game to play it) have the exact same odds.  You have a knack to whine about every aspect of every content in the game.  Save the longwinded posts and go play the game.  
    It might not be for some about participation Trophies but for others, it well can be...

Some do not care for PvM at all, only care about PvP so what ?

My point is, that what I am trying to say is that the organization of new content in the game should be "inclusive" not "exclusive" of players...

It should try to accomodate as many as possible playing styles and wishes and, thus, also of those players who are all about participation Trophies...

Yet, and we go back to the current Forest of the Dark Ilshenar Event, when the participation Trophies are set as this many (my understanding is 64 ....), and the drop rate so scarce (the average player gets 1, rarely 2 per day), and the life span for the Event only 30 days, moreless, I do not see how, the "average" player in his/her "average" limited in-game time could possibly achieve to "earn" (not buy) the complete set of participation Trophies....

I am bringing this up, for future Events, so that in the future either the number of "participation Trophies" is set as a wlower one, OR the drop rate is significantly increased, OR the lifespan of the Event increased so that "also" those players interested into achieving the full set of the whatever participation Trophies are made available, will reasonably be able to, even in their "average", but still limited, paying time.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    popps said:
    Sir_Jerms said:
    The point is to release content to the game so that players can play said content.  Not everyone cares about getting every color of every item released, and some of those that are realize that there is trading and buying of some of the items involved.  That is the way a game is played. 
    Absolutely, the released content is meant for players to play it, that's a given.

And sure, there do are players who do not care about getting every color of every item released, hell, there is even players who do not care at all about deco items !!

Nonetheless, there DO are players who, instead, want a set of whatever has been released as new items....

So, what about them ?

Shouldn't the new content be designed in a way that also these players can be accostumed in their desire to get from the Event what they might be interested in (a full set) even when their in-game time is "average" (note. I did not say scarce, I said "average" as, to my opinion, content span time should be tailored on the "average" playing time of the average player so as to try accomodate most players' needs....) ?

Or are these players to be considered less important players and, thus, not relevant when it comes to decide a life span for a given new Event ?
    It's not all about participation trophies.  Those that play the game to play the game understand this concept.  Every account ( and save the 5 page dissertation about cheaters, scripters and the like, as they are not playing the game to play it) have the exact same odds.  You have a knack to whine about every aspect of every content in the game.  Save the longwinded posts and go play the game.  
    It might not be for some about participation Trophies but for others, it well can be...

My point is, that what I am trying to say is that the organization of new content in the game should be "inclusive" not "exclusive" of players...

It should try to accomodate as many as possible playing styles and wishes and, thus, also of those players who are all about participation Trophies...

Yet, and we go back to the current Forest of the Dark Ilshenar Event, when the participation Trophies are set as this many (my understanding is 64 ....), and the drop rate so scarce (the average player gets 1, rarely 2 per day), and the life span for the Event only 30 days, moreless, I do not see how, the "average" player in his/her "average" limited in-game time could possibly achieve to "earn" (not buy) the complete set of participation Trophies....

I am bringing this up, for future Events, so that in the future either the number of "participation Trophies" is set as a wlower one, OR the drop rate is significantly increased, OR the lifespan of the Event increased so that "also" those players interested into achieving the full set of the whatever participation Trophies are made available, will reasonably be able to, even in their "average", but still limited, paying time.
    In short, it should be easy to get something, but it takes alot more effort to get the ultimate prize, or everything, whatever. If you want everything is a given and easy sure get, then its no longer fun. 

That is why there is a super rare Blaze Cu. I am fine not having one, but its still desirable to get one. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Seth said:
    popps said:
    Sir_Jerms said:

So, what about them ?

In short, it should be easy to get something, but it takes alot more effort to get the ultimate prize, or everything, whatever. If you want everything is a given and easy sure get, then its no longer fun. 

That is why there is a super rare Blaze Cu. I am fine not having one, but its still desirable to get one. 
    It is a wrong comparison, to my opinion.

A Blaze CU, while a rare finding, is something which can "always" be attempted to be gotten.

Their spawn, albeit rare, is ALWAYS active.

So, any player, even with limited time to play, can, little by little if they wish to get a Blaze CU, try to get one. It might take them a long time, but they still can, even if they have a limited time to play.

These Events, instead, are time limited, and whatever items they provide, are going to ONLY spawn in the limited Event time frame.

So, average players with average and limited time contraints to play will be incapacitated to keep trying when the Event is over....

And, because of their limited time to play, they can neither increase their playing time while the Event is active to increase their chances at getting that full set of whatever items that Event is providing.

This, to my opinion, is wrong.

Any Event, if time limited and with items which will stop spawning after that Event is over, should be arranged so that, also the average players with average limited time to participate in it, would be able, before the Event is over, to get any and all items that the Event is newly introducing into the game.

At least, that is how I see it.
    Then you still have to work harder amd faster, only the best player get top prize. These are not anniversary reward, e.g. one token given all colors..lol
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Pawain said:

I have not got any of the rare color vet rewards ever. And I have toons on every shard and spend hours getting the tokens.  Hundreds of them.  No antique item last year. No rare color cauldron or book this year. No rare color statue this year.

I use to never get any either. I got desperate enough for just one Holiday item with my toon's name on it that I sent all my tokens to my main shard, put on my tmappers luck suit, hit the statue, and sat in a friends house in fel. It worked for me.
    In fact, I just this week opened some 22nd anniversary tokens and got the antique ship relief after 28 tokens. The rare cauldron was worse but I got one - one out of 90. I also have gotten a wreath and a firefly garland with Marge's name on them.
    I know saying the evil word 'Luck' will probably cause another 12 page essay from he who shall not be named but if someone told me throwing chicken bones while dancing naked in the rain would help me get a personalized UO holiday item; I'd try it. (My backyard is fenced - it's all good! :D)
  • Marge said:
    if someone told me throwing chicken bones while dancing naked in the rain would help me get a personalized UO holiday item; I'd try it. (My backyard is fenced - it's all good! :D)
    Rumor has it, they have to be kosher salted, gluten free, grain fed chicken bones.  Rinsed for 4 hours in holy water while wearing your socks on the wrong feet....  Just for info <span>:smiley:</span>
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Sir_Jerms said:
    Marge said:
    if someone told me throwing chicken bones while dancing naked in the rain would help me get a personalized UO holiday item; I'd try it. (My backyard is fenced - it's all good! :D)
    Rumor has it, they have to be kosher salted, gluten free, grain fed chicken bones.  Rinsed for 4 hours in holy water while wearing your socks on the wrong feet....  Just for info <span>:smiley:</span>

:D
    If you cannot kill the Guide, cannot get any drops, then might as well harvest scales on "Medusa".