Suggestion - Orcish Axe

With how much harder it is to receive higher end wood than ingots, wouldn't it be nice if lumberjacking got an equivalent to mining's Gargoyle's Pickaxe? I suggest not only allowing Prospector's Tools to work on trees, but also creating the "Orcish Axe".
The Orcish Axe could harvest one tier higher of wood from a tree, with a chance to spawn a hostile colored Treefellow matching the tree type, with 30-50 Logs of that type on it's corpse. The Orcish Axe would have limited uses (as we've seen with Caddellite Hatchets), and have a chance to spawn as loot on Orc Choppers, and as a Carpentry BOD reward.

Currently, the only decent way to get higher end wood, is to hunt down Merchant Ships on the high seas.
  1. Should the Devs create the Orcish Axe?12 votes
    1. Yes
      75.00%
    2. No
      25.00%

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    I've found it easier/better to sail around Tok or near Skara and look for ships to scuttle too. I'll get hundreds of frostwood/bloodwood etc boards at a time in much less time than it takes to find the trees (same with mining).

That said, even if they made some type of axe like your saying I probably wouldn't use it (much like I don't use garg pix) because there really isn't much use for those higher end resources these days. 
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    I like the idea because it is a way of getting the mid range logs. At the moment there is no way to get Oak, Ash and Yew other the just going out and log. 

I'd actually really wish they would add maps for them and the "orphan" metals like dull copper to the BOD system. Gargoyle pickaxes help metals but it's still a grind to get that 10 k of copper you need to fill a L Bod.

PS If anyone knows a easier way please let me know. (other then robo mining of course)
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    The non-merchant ships often carry the lower level metals and wood too. I stopped taking them because they are all in ore/log form and weight stacks up quickly
  • Mene_DrachenfelsMene_Drachenfels Posts: 245
    edited November 2020
    Honestly :) - I think it would be so much better they went back to the roots and remove this silly random generating of colored wood by lumberjacking in the forest. And of cours remove the random ore spots for miners ;)
    Color is oki, but plz not random - even nature does not do this!

What I would also find much better If the take a new overview about the lumberjack satchel - this satchel is full when you did 1000 logs - which is not much - because 1 log is 1 stone. I'm very much for weight reductions. If you do mining and put the melted ore into the mining satchel you can put much more ore inside and also granite stone als wood in the lumberjack satchel. Why can I not put any barks, luminous fungis and parasitic plants and also the big amber gem into the bag. And last I would even find it better we could also put our tools - so as shovels, pickaxes and harvester axes in this bags too.

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

• Tim said:
    I like the idea because it is a way of getting the mid range logs. At the moment there is no way to get Oak, Ash and Yew other the just going out and log. 

I'd actually really wish they would add maps for them and the "orphan" metals like dull copper to the BOD system. Gargoyle pickaxes help metals but it's still a grind to get that 10 k of copper you need to fill a L Bod.

PS If anyone knows a easier way please let me know. (other then robo mining of course)

Dull Copper is incredibly easy to get. Just find an Iron deposit (which is the most common and everywhere) and use a Prospector's Tool or a Gargoyle's Pickaxe (if you want a DC Ore Ele for 50 ingots) on it.
    Lumberjacking currently has no similar option to bump wood quality.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    You can get all of the metal and wood types in their processed form from merchant and gargoyle ships. So much so that I don't bother to mine or lumberjack specifically for them anymore.