why cant my bard have

howl of Cacophony ?? not the full strength maybe -5 SSI -1 FCR/FC forced walk it would instantly make bards vivable in pvp 
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• Revisiting the behavior of the bard masteries would be interesting.  Not sure why you need to be partied to get the benefits, should be purely radius (e.g. what you can hear) based.

That aside, discording reds is always fun, as so many rely on skill jewels...  Funny to watch people re-cast vamp form in shock!
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,936
    Revisiting the behavior of the bard masteries would be interesting.  Not sure why you need to be partied to get the benefits, should be purely radius (e.g. what you can hear) based.

That aside, discording reds is always fun, as so many rely on skill jewels...  Funny to watch people re-cast vamp form in shock!
    I think instead that the Partied requirement to access the Bard songs benefits is important, especially in PvP....

Imagine a Bard trying to help his/her side but ending up helping both sides if there was no Party requirement to access the Bard songs benefits .... would be kinda uselessto one's own buddies, wouldn't it be ?
  • popps said:
    Revisiting the behavior of the bard masteries would be interesting.  Not sure why you need to be partied to get the benefits, should be purely radius (e.g. what you can hear) based.

I think instead that the Partied requirement to access the Bard songs benefits is important, especially in PvP....

Imagine a Bard trying to help his/her side but ending up helping both sides if there was no Party requirement to access the Bard songs benefits .... would be kinda uselessto one's own buddies, wouldn't it be ?

A blue bard could help blues.  Perhaps to spice it up, a red bard helps reds.  No party needed for either case.
  • TimTim Posts: 796
    A bagpipe band belting out the Clan battle song helps the Clan members not so much for enemies or "enemy of my enemy" allies.

I don't see why you should get the benefits of the song with out being partied. As a mater of fact I can think of a few players I really don't want to benefit from my actions. Not to the point of PKing them but the "need a res well start running there's a healer that a way" crowd  
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I think the mastery's are fine as in now if instruments were equip able (complete with mods) and each type had special moves...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,050
    edited November 2020
    So you want to make a toon with 480 points that could use no bow no magic book since they carry a stupid instrument. No thanks.

Make a useful template with your bard and then you will find that they are fine as they are.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.