Forest of the Dark statues' drops... what are the odds ?

I have now done like 7 or 8 spawns, got a first aid belt and then messages that i had already gotten it so got none after the 1st one and that is fine.

What I do not understand, is how come I got no statue as of yet and was wondering what I might be doing wrong....

I kill stuff, my Valor has been going up just fine, I wear good Luck yet, I get no statue...

I was wondering... what if the fact that I got as first the 1st aid Belt is now blocking my chances not just at another First Aid Belt, but also at a Statue ?

Has anyone who got first the 1st Aid Belt THEN got a Statue ?

What am I missing that I should be doing towards increasing my chances to get a Statue ?

I am using area spells and thus damaging/killing a bunch of stuff, yet, no statue so far.

Any advice ? Thanks.

Comments

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    RNG man...it's a pain!

I got a statue the first day before it was even announced. By the time I had gotten the spawn to 3rd lvl a few other people logged in and joined me. Killed the boss, waited for the respawn. We did it 3 more times, I got none the first time, 2 the second.

This morning I went and got pink zombie :/ lol and nothing since.

One of the drops I got on my tamer during 4th lvl, the rest I have gotten on my sampire 1-3 lvl's.

It's all just random.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited November 2020
    Statues are like cubes, you have to work for them.  I did over twenty spawns yesterday and got 6 statues.  Looks like this is the format for the spawns so get used to it.

Also you can provoke things at spawns, so you should be happy there.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Odds are pretty decent, I have already gotten one on my first spawn on Atl. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• so you don't just click your fingers and get a pack full?  Sorry Popps, you will have to give the forums a rest and work for your drops
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Pawain said:
    Statues are like cubes, you have to work for them.  I did over twenty spawns yesterday and got 6 statues.  Looks like this is the format for the spawns so get used to it.

Also you can provoke things at spawns, so you should be happy there.
    What worries me, is that, while I did only 6-7 spawns, not 20, if you got 6 over 20 spawns, I should have gotten like 1/3 that or, like 2....

I would have been happy to at least have gotten 1 over 6-7 spawns, I am starting to worry up that I might be doing something wrong, since I got 0 statues... I did receive my first aid belt, though...
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    edited November 2020
    @popps - once again you will need to be using the most effective template you can if you want the most effective drop rate. 

Using a bard to provo things on each other will eventually you get a statue but you are not killing near the amount of things a tamer/warrior is that way. Your choice on the template (and its effectiveness to kil) once again will determine your drop rate....sprinkle in some RNG. Welcome to UO.
    edited November 2020
    Well lets see  whats the best template:

This is not a dungeon this is open ground with other players running around also.

A mage or mage/other magic with a pet can gather crowds. The first two levels are reponds. Cast area spells around the 40 mobs at the pet.  I used a FWW/Chiv Triton. Toon is a mage/weaver/tamer. Used a 30% Repond slayer book. Killed crowds in 2 to 4 hits with chain lightning.  Have other spells to use as needed.
    I could kill the most mobs per level with this toon.

A Melee toon. A paladin or sampire or any other can use a ww weapon to kill large crowds. This is not a dungeon with hallways. These crowds can grow fast and they keep coming.  Since you kill things in one swing you have to have a target for the next swing or 10 hits reign down on you and you return no HP.  I could have killed as many with my paladin or sampire as with the Tamer but it was more work.  The boss returns damage to a player that uses Life Leech. So change weapons and turn into a wraith instead.

Best killing Team.  @Elessar had their bard with an archer. They added me to the party running provoke songs.  Can just stand in a spot and kill all the crowds that the other players are dragging behind them.  The High HP and regen allows you to go in the crowd and do some crazy stuff. I used 3 different templates with them. They were all on steroids with the buffs.

Lots of templates can kill the lowest levels where you get most of the statues and do enough damage to the boss to get the reward.  I used the tamer above, a sampire, paladin, archer/tamer, archer/bard, and two mage tamers with just 100 skill.  All could kill the spawn and help on the boss.

Just thought of this.  My Magic toon can walk over to the Melee toons crowd and help him destroy those also while my pet collects a new crowd.
    By the way, can Endless Journey accounts get the Statues and the First Aid Belt drops ?
    popps said:
    By the way, can Endless Journey accounts get the Statues and the First Aid Belt drops ?
    Nope so you don't need to write that novel.
    edited November 2020

@Bleak and @Kyronix ;

just providing some feedback on this Spawn as I have the clear impression that something might not being working right....

Sure, I understand the RNG but, honestly, I have the impression that, if the RNG still doesn't prompt a drop even when a player tries extensively, perhaps something might not be working as it should...

I spent 1 full hour working the new spawn in Ilshenar at server up, Tamer with 3,200 Luck (with the Statue), at first alone and then like about 15-20 minutes later another player joined.

In 1 hour that the Luck from the Statue lasted, the spawn was advanced, given the limited number of players, to level 3 (Reapers).

Countless kills, no time wasted in looting any corpse, just maximizing on kills.

Well, with that much Luck and in 1 hour time, not a single Statue drop.

While someone might think that this is perfectly acceptable and due to the RNG randomness, I don't.

I have better things to do with my time and if this Event is going to be just a royal waste of time like this, I am quite done with it.

I just spent 1 full hour all for nothing, for others this may not be a big deal, personally, I have better stuff to use it for and, if drops are unpredictable like this, even with such high Luck and focusing on kills a go-go, well, probably this Event is not for me.

Anyways, just providing my feedback based on my personal experience, you guys decide whether it is working as you intended it to, or whether something is not working as it should and, therefore, some adjustment needs be done.

Thanks.
  • RockStaRRockStaR Posts: 168
    popps said:

@ Bleak and @ Kyronix 

just providing some feedback on this Spawn as I have the clear impression that something might not being working right....

Sure, I understand the RNG but, honestly, I have the impression that, if the RNG still doesn't prompt a drop even when a player tries extensively, perhaps something might not be working as it should...

I spent 1 full hour working the new spawn in Ilshenar at server up, Tamer with 3,200 Luck (with the Statue), at first alone and then like about 15-20 minutes later another player joined.

In 1 hour that the Luck from the Statue lasted, the spawn was advanced, given the limited number of players, to level 3 (Reapers).

Countless kills, no time wasted in looting any corpse, just maximizing on kills.

Well, with that much Luck and in 1 hour time, not a single Statue drop.

While someone might think that this is perfectly acceptable and due to the RNG randomness, I don't.

I have better things to do with my time and if this Event is going to be just a royal waste of time like this, I am quite done with it.

I just spent 1 full hour all for nothing, for others this may not be a big deal, personally, I have better stuff to use it for and, if drops are unpredictable like this, even with such high Luck and focusing on kills a go-go, well, probably this Event is not for me.

Anyways, just providing my feedback based on my personal experience, you guys decide whether it is working as you intended it to, or whether something is not working as it should and, therefore, some adjustment needs be done.

Thanks.
    @popps just be done with it then. 
  • popps said:

like posting here endlessly,  its hard, the drops are hard to get, you have WEEKS to get some, spend more time trying and less time here, you might actually get more drops
  • popps said:

like posting here endlessly,  its hard, the drops are hard to get, you have WEEKS to get some, spend more time trying and less time here, you might actually get more drops

Some of us have been telling him that for a long time, he either doesn't believe us or he is a Troll.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

popps said:

I guess we need to agree to disagree....

Some may think that 1 hour spent trying with some 3,200 Luck on in between items worn and Luck statue used and zero drops for a Statue is very fine.

I don't.

One full hour is a whole lot of time, with very high Luck and lots of kills. If nothing drops, something looks to me very wrong.

You guys think it is OK ? Good for you, I think otherwise.
    popps said:
    popps said:

I guess we need to agree to disagree....

Some may think that 1 hour spent trying with some 3,200 Luck on in between items worn and Luck statue used and zero drops for a Statue is very fine.

I don't.

One full hour is a whole lot of time, with very high Luck and lots of kills. If nothing drops, something looks to me very wrong.

You guys think it is OK ? Good for you, I think otherwise.
    Maybe get rid of the luck and make a toon that can kill a lot of stuff fast. I run 0 luck all the time and have no problem getting drops.  I like to kill not rely on luck
  • Less luck and better stats and your not dead half the time. Hard to get drops if ya ain't killing! What makes ya so sure luck works anyways? Most my toons run less then 400 and do really well.
    @Pawain and @jelinidas ;

perhaps because I read this ? https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/47805/#Comment_47805

Kyronix said:
    Luck, as always, is a factor in ToT events.  Make sure you are utilizing all avenues of luck to maximize your chances at a minor artifact.
  • How's being dead, with high luck, most of the time working out for ya? There has never been a dev team that can confirm how luck really works. Troll on Popps. 
    popps said:
    @ Pawain and @ jelinidas 

perhaps because I read this ? https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/47805/#Comment_47805

Kyronix said:
    Luck, as always, is a factor in ToT events.  Make sure you are utilizing all avenues of luck to maximize your chances at a minor artifact.
    Killing more stuff is the avenue that I take.  Exactly what is kyronix saying? What other avenues are there? Sounds like a cliche. Instead of a real answer.
  • Are the statue drops one per day?
    Pawain said:
    popps said:
    @ Pawain and @ jelinidas 

Kyronix said:
    Killing more stuff is the avenue that I take.  Exactly what is kyronix saying? What other avenues are there? Sounds like a cliche. Instead of a real answer.
    He said all avenues of what ? Of Luck......

I understood it as towards wanting to max out one's own Luck as much as possible in order to increase one's own drops....

And hence, that is the way I went.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    One hour means only one or two champ spawn, with 30mins break. That may not be enough. I also think they modified the number of kills to get chance to drop. Some players seem to get alot at the start.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Seth said:
    One hour means only one or two champ spawn, with 30mins break. That may not be enough. I also think they modified the number of kills to get chance to drop. Some players seem to get alot at the start.
    None of my cross shard toons have got a statue. They hadn't done any spawn before they went to other shards.
    @popps you posted the quote and now you dont know what it says?

Kyronix said:

What other avenues of luck are there?  I think he is making a joke that game luck is the same as RL luck.  Doesn't exist.
  • also keep in mind this is not a ToT-style event...
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    @popps a question:  In your hour of working the spawn alone, to what level did you advance it? How many candles did you manage to add to the altar? What was spawning? 
    Was it male & female savage warriors? or savage ridgeback riders & shamans?  or tangling roots & reapers?
    edited November 2020
    Pawain said:
    @ popps you posted the quote and now you dont know what it says?

Kyronix said:

What other avenues of luck are there?  I think he is making a joke that game luck is the same as RL luck.  Doesn't exist.
    Uhu ?

Now THAT is news to me....

We, as players in Ultima Online have been thinking that worn Luck items, using the Luck Statue or the Luck one can get from the Sphynx actually does matter towards getting more likely drops throughout these Event, and the higher Luck the more likely to get drops, and we have even went as far as weaking our Templates in order to wear as much Luck as possible thinking that it would help us and now you are saying that from the game itself comes a suggestion that this worn Luck or from using the Luck Statue or that from the Sphynx does not help ?

No way, this cannot be.

I mean, items have been designed with Luck on for Years, players have been purchasing the Forged Artifact in order to craft 190 Luck pieces for Years and now, supposedly, we got revealed, after years and years that players have been using Luck in the game, that actually worn Luck and the use of the Statue Luck or that from the SPhynx does not matter ?

I am sorry, but I think you misunderstood him, and that "utilizing all avenues of Luck" actually means "maxing out" the worn Luck along with the Luck received by using the Luck Statue or from the Sphynx, for that matter.

Perhaps, it would be nice, at this point, if @Kyronix could kindly clarify what he meant with that Paragraph so that players could then decide whether or not Luck worn in the game, the use of the Luck Statue, and the Luck from the Sphynx, actually matters or not, towards getting drops during these Events.

Or whether they are better off, as far as getting drops goes, with forgetting about Luck worn from items or coming from the Luck Statue or from the Sphynx, and just use other properties, instead, aimed at maximizing kills, faster, in order to actually do get those drops.
    edited November 2020
    @ popps a question:  In your hour of working the spawn alone, to what level did you advance it? How many candles did you manage to add to the altar? What was spawning? 
    Was it male & female savage warriors? or savage ridgeback riders & shamans?  or tangling roots & reapers?
    I went as far as to advance it to savage ridgeback riders & Shamans, then another players came, and we brought it up to tangling roots & reapers. Then my 1 hour Luck from the Statue was over, Luck dropped, I felt I was just wasting my time (as I actually did waste that 1 hour all for nothing, no drops, no loot, just nothing...) and so I quit.

By the way, I was much dismayed also because I read posts from fellow players saying that they mostly got Statue drops during the first levels of the Spawn.... I think I recall people mentioning that they actually advanced the Spawn to level 3 and then let it revert back, in order to increase their chances at drops..... so, I figured, with that much Luck on my Template (3,200) for an hour, noone at the sawn but me, meaning that I had at least the first 2 levels to be able to farm on my own, I would have at least gotten 1 Statue drop.... how naive of me to think that.......

That is why I reported my feedback, because I have the feeling that something is not working as it should. What it is that is mulfunctioning I have no clue but, according to what I read, which it is that Luck matters (the Kyronix post), that killing throughout the first 2 levels increases the chances at a Statue drop, in 1 hour time I "should" have gotten at least 1 drop while I didn't.
    also keep in mind this is not a ToT-style event...
    Duh, it was my understanding that now, after the Developers designed the new tool for spawns, that all new content coming out from now on, was following the ToT-style and mechanics.... and thus, also this new Ilshenar Forest of the Dark spawn was following the ToT-style and mechanics....
  • Mene_DrachenfelsMene_Drachenfels Posts: 245
    edited November 2020

Kyronix” statements often sound like the oracle of Delphi – you have to read them really correctly and at best twice in order to understand what he wants.

<quote>

Kyronix said:

</quote>

One Point first: This is a Dynamic Champ Spawn - this is NO Treasures of .... - Event!
    Even here the good man gets complety confused ;)

He clearly does not say here that it increases the droprate of any statues, but increases the success that Minor Artifacts ( https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/artifact-collections/artifacts-minor/ ) can then drop much sooner. The statues are not minor artifacts – they are nice gimmicks that can be added as a reward if you make as much of the spawn as possible.

What you really need in UO here is what I like to call RL-Luck – Luck on armor, statues and where else you can get it in the game, I still think it’s a myth! It doesn’t work - someone can tell me what he wants and as long as he wants.

It only works to some extent with regard to the loot - but not to increased change, dropping the intended Event Reward Items - simply because - but this is only my guess - we have the damn RNG built in, which makes it even more difficult. The only thing we had novelty here was the guaranteed drop of the Belt (or previously Blackgate Champ: the talisman) - per account and per shard this time - but even here this statement didn't even come from Kyronix or the Dev side, but from the player side itself (someone posted this either here or on the Stratics forums). Those who can read are sometimes clearly at an advantage :).

Don’t expect the Dev’s to give you concrete answers to more specific questions – UO has always been a game, in which we players have usually found out everything by playing ourselves and also share these experiences to help others with it. It’s always been like this, and it’s going to be like this forever.

It might have really helped here times, with which template you yourself went to this event – there was no statement about it and it might have given you a corresponding advice. What are you up to? With Tamer/Mage? With Warrior? With Worker? How are the skills, what kind of weapon does he use or which spellbook? Do you have a good armor to protect you? I have to fight monsters and what is this super slayer group? And so on and so on – you play long enough to know something yourself – everything else is then just testing and translating to the right template.I don't know wich template you prefer to play!

My own example to make this event :

I play mostly an old-school tamer mage, for me my pets are now my weapons. I approach the spawn as Pawain described above:

With Chival FWW Triton and an 28% Repond and Undead Slayerbook from the Invasion. I pull the spawn on the pet and then caste Area Spells like Meteor at the Savages and Rottings and Earthquake at the Reapers. The only luck on my armor is 140 luck from a robe. I had made about 20 spanwns now and got 6 statues - till no lich statue, but that's oki for me - the champ is going till 19th dezember - so much time enogh to make easy gold if the boss dies - much more easier than hunting or looting the spawn.

I am really patient in many and with many, but with this enormous amount of postings, quotations and new ideas that come from you, which sometimes really go past the thing and subject, we all lose – including yourself – here the whole overview and in the end unfortunately also the patience with you.
    Nobody really wants to kick your ass here (sorry for the expression, but sometimes you have to be clearer), but even if you do it, you seem to be resistant to it in your own way. Maybe a kind that even instills some respect in me – I wouldn’t have spent a long time in such a futile love affair :(.

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)