"You have already received a reward for this encounter..." why not give credit for a Statue ?

As its known, the Forest of the Dark spawn only allows 1 First Aid Belt per account.

Once any character in that Account has gotten one, if the player still participates in killing The Guide they get a message "You have already received a reward for this encounter" and there is no drop.

Now, why let the work done to help kill The Guide get lost ?

Why not make it so that the player, while not being able to get another First Aid Belt, can still get a stronger credit and thus higher chances at getting a Statue drop from participating to killing The Guide?

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Want another easy button.  You need to play for drops.  I would love to get a statue every round I do. I'd have 40 now instead of 8.

Play more get more. Asking for handouts is embarrassing.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Pawain said:
    Want another easy button.  You need to play for drops.  I would love to get a statue every round I do. I'd have 40 now instead of 8.

Play more get more. Asking for handouts is embarrassing.
    Excuse me ?

Ain't killing The Guide work and effort meritable of being rewarded ?

It is, infact, one gets the drop of the First Aid Belt, right ?

Now, why should then a player who helps kill more The Guide bosses not get something for the work and effort done by participating in its killing ?

Why should it remain unrewarded other then the 1st time when a belt is awarded ?

That is why I said make it give credit towards getting statues....

Work and effort should be rewarded, right ?
  • ValisValis Posts: 45
    Post less complaints. Play the game more. Then perhaps you would actually start to get rewards.

• No popps, just no. You don’t get doom drops every boss do you.  So you want to be able to just EV the boss a few times and get a drop every time. Give it a rest it’s called EFFORT.  More you put in the more you get. It seems, just like all you other posts you want instead gratification for little effort. 
    As Pawain says. Asking for handouts is embarrassing. You should be embarrassed

spend more time in game and less on here you will get more out if the game 
    No popps, just no. You don’t get doom drops every boss do you.  So you want to be able to just EV the boss a few times and get a drop every time. Give it a rest it’s called EFFORT.  More you put in the more you get. It seems, just like all you other posts you want instead gratification for little effort. 
    As Pawain says. Asking for handouts is embarrassing. You should be embarrassed

spend more time in game and less on here you will get more out if the game 
    I said "credit", did not say "drop"....

Please, re-read my OP and tell me where I said that each The Guide kill, past the First Aid Belt first drop, should award a Statue, automatically....

As of now, as I understand, killing The Guide only works towards dropping a First Aid Belt once.

Any other kill of The Guide past that, gives nothing to the player producing work and effort towards helping to kill it.

I am saying that this work and effort should award credit, points, highered chances, however one wants to call it, towards then getting a Statue.

After all, with the Treasures of the Undead lords, the more MoBs one killed, the higher the chances at a drop would become.

Why would The Guide kills, then, produce no credit towards getting a Statue ?

I said "credit", not "100% guaranteed drop".......
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    I get what popps is saying.  For example lets say you need 100 kills in order to get a statue. Killing the boss credits you 10 kill points in the next round so you only need 90 more kills. Credits do not stack. This will encourage people to help kill the boss after they already have the drop.
    edited November 2020
    TimSt said:
    I get what popps is saying.  For example lets say you need 100 kills in order to get a statue. Killing the boss credits you 10 kill points in the next round so you only need 90 more kills. Credits do not stack. This will encourage people to help kill the boss after they already have the drop.
    Yessir, that is what I meant and it looks to me a reasonable thing to implement....
  • RockStaRRockStaR Posts: 168
    @AmberWitch how do you feel about this? @popps wanting it so you can get the drops from the boss so then you could just keep coming at end and doing minimal work to get rewarded over and over. This is sooooo much worse than just doing it for the one guaranteed drop.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    TimSt said:
    Yeah, its somewhat like Doom and Deceiit, killing the boss gives more "points" that accumulates until a drop can happen easier. After a drop, reset it. This is not new so should be easy to implement.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited November 2020
    popps said:
    Same thing for players like me. I've done at least 40 spawns and killed the bosses. I'm up to 12 statues now, would be nice to have more. From what I have read the boss does count as a kill for a statue. A player has said they got one when the boss died.

And the credits do not add up for statues.  There have been spawns where I kill soooo many of the first two waves and get nothing, then bring another account toon and get one in 10 kills.

I assume each kill gives you a .oooowhatever chance for a statue.  The statues and cubes seem to work on the same chance.
    Pawain said:
    popps said:
    From what I have read the boss does count as a kill for a statue. A player has said they got one when the boss died.
    I have read nor heard nothing about players getting a Statue upon killing the boss... if it gave credit, I would assume that quite a good number of players would be reporting it yet, I haven't heard anything of this like...
    And the credits do not add up for statues.  There have been spawns where I kill soooo many of the first two waves and get nothing, then bring another account toon and get one in 10 kills.
    This would be quite strange to me, if it is as you said, because, to my understanding, one of the reasons to have "Treasures of..." Design was precisely that of the "points accumulation" towards drops... and now, instead, we go back to the randomness of the RNG ?

It could be well as you say, but I'd be MUCH surprised, my understanding was that the Developers, with this new content, wanted to implement a "credit accumulation" mechanics towards players getting drops.
    I assume each kill gives you a .oooowhatever chance for a statue.  The statues and cubes seem to work on the same chance.
    I think, instead, that each kill increases the chance at a Statue drop until when, eventually, that highered chance, combined with the Luck one wears, triggers a drop. Getting that Statue drop, obviously, resets the drop chance to 0.

What I am suggesting with this Thread, is to have the killing of The Guide Boss provide to all who participated to the killing a significant "chance raise" at the probability of getting a Statue drop, also "after" one has already received their one and only First Aid Belt.....

This would motivate players who already received their First Aid Belt but want the Statues, to still be interested (and help) towards the killing of The Guide Boss thus helping out effectively those players coming late to this event and still needing to kill The Guide Boss to get their one and only First Aid Belt.

It would be a Win Win solution for all parties involved....

- Players seeking Statues would Win as their chances at a Statue drop would get higher;

- Players needing their one and only First Aid Belt would Win as they would get help from fellow players to kill The Guide Boss ;

- The Developers would Win as their Designed content would get a wider participation and, thus, success.

So, I say, why not ?
    This is not a treasures of event.
    Pawain said:
    And so what ?

There is the code for "credit accumulation" towards drops.... why not implement it also for this one if it can make the entire Event better and more enjoyable ?
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    I agree with @popps! We should totally put that into play on TC1 and make everything a gimmie there for every event so nobody has to actually try to get better at the game. Log into TC1 say "give event drops" and whatever they are will appear in your bank account.

At least that's the way I see it.  >:)
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Less trolling here please.
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    And so what ?

There is the code for "credit accumulation" towards drops.... why not implement it also for this one if it can make the entire Event better and more enjoyable ?
    Well would it be?  I take a toon that can kill a lot of things real fast.  So I can get the spawn advanced for those standing on the edges casting EVs.  And I can kill the paragons.

If I had 40 statues instead of 13 I would not set a timer to do every spawn when I can play, for that chance to get a statue.  So the only ones there would be players who can't kill a lot of things fast so they may sit there for hours on one spawn.

Not getting easy drops means more people play the content. And more enjoyable. 
    edited November 2020
    Pawain said:

Not getting easy drops means more people play the content. And more enjoyable. 
    Well, it can also backfire and deter some players from actually playing the content....

For some, time is the most valuable thing there is in their life, we can buy a whole lot of things, but time is not up for sale, unfortunately, maybe when one if young they do not appreciate time that much as they feel they have lots ahead of them... yet, as life ages, some people gets to value their time a whole lot more...

If a player has to spend countless hours of his/her life time to get some statues in a game, while for some that large chunk of spent time might be very OK and well spent, for others, it might instead taste a whole lot more bitter and a waste of a good chunk of their life time....

So, I guess, it is all relative...

Perhaps to some having drops be much time consuming might get them to play the content, perhaps, instead, to others it might get them to think that, perhaps, "just" perhaps their limited time might be better spent elsewhere if they need to spend too much of it to get some statues in a digital game....
  • Rorschach said:
    Less trolling here please.
    My Friend, the OP was a troll, and every post since has followed suit. Just sayin . . .
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo