where can I get event rewards now

I didn't have time to spend my points. I'm very sorry, but now you can't get them at all? Was it really impossible to leave the NPC for at least a week??
«1

Comments

  • MissEMissE Posts: 774
    You can't and your points have disappeared.   I got called out unexpectedly to the hospital so mine went to god too.   USELESS. 

    There is NO need to do this, the NPC could stand there for 3 mnths after the event, makes no difference to anyone.  The important date was when the 'drops' stopped, ie the 15th, but there was no need to kill the NPC at the same time. 

    Unexpected things happen.  Just another way to take enjoyment out of an event. 


    Cheers MissE

    For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • twizagtwizag Posts: 40
    Well, maybe it's still possible to leave the NPC for at least a week, I also couldn't do it due to illness... This is very offensive.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 774
    The only reason I still had points on it was i was gonna give a guildy 50 points as he accidentally picked the silver ring yesterday and I didn't know what he was wanting.  Was gonna give them to him.  Couldn't remember if he wanted the kotl ring or the boots.   If I hadn't got delayed at the hospital would of been ok.  As it is he misses out.

    Cheers MissE

    For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,089
    What beats me, really, is why sometime Design decisions end up aggravating paying customers, that is, players....

    I mean, to my opinion it would be obvious that Design decisions should always have the end result to help out and facilitate players, not aggravate them....

    A happy paying customers is a customer who stays and always comes back, right ?

    An unhappy paying customer, instead, is someone who goes to some other business, eventually.

    I honestly do not understand why, with people having issues with their real life and other stuff to get done other then a game, these Events are often so short lived thus living a feeling of bitterness, rather then of satisfaction, to the players....

    Why cannot points transfer over to the next segment of a multi-stages content (in this case over to the Forest of the Dark) ? 

    Go figure....

    Why ain't it possible that the Rewards STAY, also across the next stage segment of the ongoing content (in this case over to the Forest of the Dark), thus giving to players who did not have sufficient time, whatever their real life issues where, to get all of the past segment of the content Rewards that they needed/wanted to get (in our case those from Treasures of the Undead Lords) be STILL possible to be obtained throughout the following segment, Forest of the Dark, along with whatever "new" Rewards could be added with this new segment ?

    Go figure....

    My point being, that, to my opinion, players should be actually facilitated and given the most ample flexibility to be satisfied with their gaming (and thus get whatever Rewards they might be seeking) and not be placed obstacles and hurdles all over the place limiting their ability to be pleased and satisfied with their gaming....

    I mean, do we want paying customers to be pleased and happy with their gaming time and money spent or do we want them to be dissatisfied and displeased to the point where they might eventually bring their business and subscription money to other games ?

    This is something I really have a hard time to understand.....
  • twizagtwizag Posts: 40
    поппс сказал::
    Что меня действительно поражает, так это то, почему иногда дизайнерские решения в конечном итоге раздражают платящих клиентов, то есть игроков....

    Я имею в виду, на мой взгляд, было бы очевидно, что проектные решения всегда должны иметь конечный результат, чтобы помочь и облегчить игроков, а не усугубить их....

    Счастливый платежеспособный клиент-это клиент, который остается и всегда возвращается, верно ?

    Вместо этого несчастный платящий клиент-это тот, кто в конце концов переходит в какой-то другой бизнес.

    Честно говоря, я не понимаю, почему, когда у людей возникают проблемы с их реальной жизнью и другими вещами, которые нужно сделать, кроме игры, эти события часто так недолговечны, что вызывают у игроков чувство горечи, а не удовлетворения....

    Почему точки не могут перейти к следующему сегменту многоступенчатого контента (в данном случае к лесу Тьмы) ?

    Иди разберись....

    Почему бы не сделать так, чтобы награды оставались и на следующем этапе текущего контента (в данном случае на Forest of the Dark), тем самым давая игрокам, у которых не было достаточно времени, независимо от их реальных жизненных проблем, где они могли бы получить все прошлые сегменты контента, которые они нуждались/хотели получить (в нашем случае те, что были получены из Treasures of the Undead Lords), все еще можно было получить на протяжении следующего сегмента, Forest of the Dark, наряду с любыми "новыми" наградами, которые могли бы быть добавлены с этим новым сегментом ?

    Иди разберись....

    Моя точка зрения заключается в том, что, по моему мнению, игроки должны быть действительно облегчены и наделены самой широкой гибкостью, чтобы быть удовлетворенными своей игрой (и таким образом получать любые награды, которые они могли бы искать), а не быть помещенными препятствиями и препятствиями повсюду, ограничивающими их способность быть довольными и удовлетворенными своей игрой....

    Я имею в виду, хотим ли мы, чтобы платящие клиенты были довольны и довольны своим игровым временем и потраченными деньгами, или мы хотим, чтобы они были недовольны и недовольны до такой степени, что в конечном итоге они могли бы принести свой бизнес и деньги на подписку на другие игры ?

    Это то, что мне действительно трудно понять.....
    I think the same way. You never know who couldn't for some reason. Transfer these points to the next event. I have not personally received an answer to the question why are things becoming more and more shard bound ?? Why do I open a felucca Decite at the request of Atlantic players ?? Why are requests from other shards ignored?? Do you know the most interesting part? We will not get ANSWERS to our questions, I will say more now this branch will be closed, just closed. But it seems that everything was done here for this purpose, I mean the discussion
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 1,269
    twizag said:
    Why do I open a felucca Decite at the request of Atlantic players ?? Why are requests from other shards ignored?? 
    This one was simple. It actually was answered by Kyronix at the very start and basically came down to Fel not being used on many shards.

    If you logged into ATL before Fel side was open you would have seen it busier than any other shard at any point in the day. It probably was close to many other shards (tram side) at any point in the day even after Fel was opened up. 

    Most of the other shards, except a few, had long periods of being vacant or barely worked; I can confirm this as well as some others said the same thing. In fact during the last week I was able to pretty much have the dungeon to myself most mornings on a couple of shards I transferred over to get the 10 SSI eps (for when I play those shards). It was a long walk to the shrine when I died a couple times :( 

    So to Kyronix's point, why would those shards need Fel activated? 
  • twizagtwizag Posts: 40
    keven2002 said:
    twizag said:
    Why do I open a felucca Decite at the request of Atlantic players ?? Why are requests from other shards ignored?? 
    This one was simple. It actually was answered by Kyronix at the very start and basically came down to Fel not being used on many shards.

    If you logged into ATL before Fel side was open you would have seen it busier than any other shard at any point in the day. It probably was close to many other shards (tram side) at any point in the day even after Fel was opened up. 

    Most of the other shards, except a few, had long periods of being vacant or barely worked; I can confirm this as well as some others said the same thing. In fact during the last week I was able to pretty much have the dungeon to myself most mornings on a couple of shards I transferred over to get the 10 SSI eps (for when I play those shards). It was a long walk to the shrine when I died a couple times :( 

    So to Kyronix's point, why would those shards need Fel activated? 
    I heard a slightly different version - the desire of the players to have more battles in the Felucca between the players. After all, on the Atlantic, you could simply increase the spawn or open another dungeon. Well, what about shard bound items?
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 841
    MissE said:
    You can't and your points have disappeared.   I got called out unexpectedly to the hospital so mine went to god too.   USELESS. 

    There is NO need to do this, the NPC could stand there for 3 mnths after the event, makes no difference to anyone.  The important date was when the 'drops' stopped, ie the 15th, but there was no need to kill the NPC at the same time. 

    Unexpected things happen.  Just another way to take enjoyment out of an event. 


    That's false

    That date wasn't when the drops stopped....that NPC was up for how long? Do people not read?
    (sorry for sounding mean but seriously)



    Just in case people STILL can't read...

    It states:

    POINTS...not drops...POINTS....

    Will expire

    Everyone had ample time and ample warning....if the points expire on the 15th, why keep the NPC there?

    Remember these are the new dynamic quests and they are getting ready for the next one.

    I still have Of The Cult, Of The Kotl and Of Enchanted Origin pieces that I never turned in...now I have Of The Three pieces to add to my useless collection lol.


    Just look forward to the next event and hope the rewards are awesome (Which I am sure they will be!) And REMEMBER that the date on the NPC isn't just a suggestion ;)





  • twizagtwizag Posts: 40
    Лариса сказала::
    - Сказала мисс:
    Вы не можете, и ваши очки исчезли. Меня неожиданно вызвали в больницу, так что моя тоже отправилась к Богу. БЕСПОЛЕЗНЫЙ.

    Нет никакой необходимости делать это, NPC может стоять там в течение 3 mnths после события, никому не имеет значения. Важной датой было то, когда "капли" прекратились, то есть 15-е число, но не было никакой необходимости убивать NPC в то же самое время.

    Происходят неожиданные вещи. Просто еще один способ получить удовольствие от события.


    Это ложь

    , что дата не была, когда капли прекратились....этот NPC был на ногах как долго? Неужели люди не читают?
    (извините за грубость, но серьезно)



    просто на случай, если люди все еще не умеют читать...

    В нем говорится:

    очки...не упасть...ОЧКИ....

    Истечет

    срок годности у каждого было достаточно времени и предостережения....если очки истекают 15-го числа, зачем держать NPC там?

    Помните, что это новые динамические квесты, и они готовятся к следующему.

    У меня все еще есть культовые, Котловские и заколдованные предметы, которые я никогда не сдавал...теперь у меня есть три штуки, чтобы добавить их к моей бесполезной коллекции lol.


    Просто с нетерпением жду следующего события и надеюсь, что награды будут потрясающими (в чем я уверен!) И помните, что дата на NPC-это не просто предложение ;)




    I didn't say there wasn't a date. He explained that he was ill, for example. You can leave it for a week after all, to get rewards. There's ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with that.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 1,269
    Well said @Larisa! Thanks for the screen grab too. 

    @twizag - you are incorrect. I'm the one that asked for ATL to be opened up (which is was opened shortly after) and I provided ample details and examples to state my case. There was nothing about doing it so we could PvP. You can go back and search through the threads for my post when the event kicked off. Many others asked for Fel to be open up on other shards but I saw very few people actually provide support/back up for their request and it was more so "All shards should get Fel". I checked out a few other shards (along with others) just to verify the claims and as I said before most shards had Deceit empty (so why would they need Fel?). 
  • CookieCookie Posts: 913
    edited November 2020
    keven2002 said:
    Well said @ Larisa! Thanks for the screen grab too. 

    @ twizag - you are incorrect. I'm the one that asked for ATL to be opened up (which is was opened shortly after) and I provided ample details and examples to state my case. There was nothing about doing it so we could PvP. You can go back and search through the threads for my post when the event kicked off. Many others asked for Fel to be open up on other shards but I saw very few people actually provide support/back up for their request and it was more so "All shards should get Fel". I checked out a few other shards (along with others) just to verify the claims and as I said before most shards had Deceit empty (so why would they need Fel?). 


    It was a great event, and the Devs played it by the book to be fair.


    Regarding Felucca, and requesting the event to be on Europa, we were specifically requesting, and we were specifically trying to provide evidence of numbers, except our threads kept getting locked, so we were unable to post our full support.

    It really should have been on Europa Felucca, the damage done to our shard was quite bad initially, but I will say, really well done to the pvpers on our shard, for pulling together, and keeping it all going, with player tournaments, and public Harries, I think we ended pretty strongly.

  • twizagtwizag Posts: 40
    Хорошо сказано @ Larisa! Спасибо и за захват экрана.

    @ twizag - вы ошибаетесь. Я тот, кто попросил открыть ATL (который был открыт вскоре после этого), и я предоставил достаточно подробностей и примеров, чтобы изложить свое дело. Там не было ничего о том, чтобы сделать это, чтобы мы могли PvP. Вы можете вернуться назад и поискать в потоках мой пост, когда это событие началось. Многие другие просили, чтобы Fel был открыт на других осколках, но я видел, что очень немногие люди действительно предоставляют поддержку/резервное копирование для их запроса, и это было больше похоже на то, что "все осколки должны получить Fel". Я проверил несколько других осколков (вместе с другими) просто для проверки утверждений, и, как я уже говорил, большинство осколков были пусты (так зачем им нужен Фел?).
    Have you checked out Europe? I wouldn't even say it was empty. I would say that trying Felucca on the Atlantic was much easier to get artifacts than on Europe. What about shard bound items?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,327
    They stopped the reward points carrying over because people complained that I had more than 300 points from Kotl that carried to Sorcerers dungeon.  I bought all the rewards on the first day so others were jealous. 

    I posted a warning telling people the event would end soon.  I turned in most of my things on Saturday.  Sunday night about 30 mins prior to closing, a lot of us on LS were giving drops to players who were shy a few points. We also pulled together to get gifts for some players that are always helpful.  We had a very good ending.
  • twizagtwizag Posts: 40
    - Сказал павейн:
    Они прекратили перенос наградных очков, потому что люди жаловались, что у меня было более 300 очков из котла, которые несли в подземелье колдунов. Я купил все награды в первый же день, так что другие завидовали.

    Я вывесил предупреждение, сообщая людям, что мероприятие скоро закончится. В субботу я сдала почти все свои вещи. В воскресенье вечером, примерно за 30 минут до закрытия, многие из нас на LS давали капли игрокам, которые стеснялись нескольких очков. Мы также собрались вместе, чтобы получить подарки для некоторых игроков, которые всегда полезны. У нас был очень хороший конец.
    I'm very happy for you, honestly, I have more than 300 in the Bank and house. I got sick and didn't have time to pass. There are also 400 more left on the NPC. This happens and it is very offensive
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,327
    Well maybe you will have taught others that they should buy things as they turn in drops and don't save chests full of drops in case RL happens to them also.
  • twizagtwizag Posts: 40
    - Сказал павейн:
    Ну, может быть, вы научили других, что они должны покупать вещи, когда они превращаются в капли, и не экономить сундуки, полные капель, на случай, если RL случится и с ними.
    I don't quite understand why I shouldn't leave it for at least a week...There's nothing to worry about here...I don't think I was the only one who didn't make it..The only thing I endured was growing frustration with the game. And shard bound as well
  • DaisyDaisy Posts: 10
    They (the developers) gave us a deadline (date) and they stuck with it.  End of story.  I am sorry to the people that did not get everything they wanted.  All good things must come to an end.  I for one was very happy they gave us the ending date from the start.  
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,327
    edited November 2020
    twizag said:
    - Сказал павейн:
    Ну, может быть, вы научили других, что они должны покупать вещи, когда они превращаются в капли, и не экономить сундуки, полные капель, на случай, если RL случится и с ними.
    I don't quite understand why I shouldn't leave it for at least a week...There's nothing to worry about here...I don't think I was the only one who didn't make it..The only thing I endured was growing frustration with the game. And shard bound as well
    Like someone said, if they left it for a week then someone would come complain they missed it that week also.

    I don't care if they left it for players to use their points, but they should not allow players to turn in items after the event.

    The time was posted on the NPC and it lasted till server down if your shard did not already have maintenance.  Your points stayed if you did not log off. And you could keep turning items in.
  • twizagtwizag Posts: 40
    - Спросила Дейзи:
    Они (разработчики) дали нам крайний срок (дату), и они придерживались его. Конец истории. Мне очень жаль людей, которые не получили всего, что хотели. Всему хорошему должен прийти конец. Я, например, был очень рад, что они дали нам конечную дату с самого начала.
    Was it possible for the others to transfer points to the next event? Well, as a human approach. This isn't an election)
  • Just as a question trying to understand how others play:

    Why do people bank rewards points instead of just spending them on the item you want, when you have enough to buy that item?
    -Arroth
  • Just as a question trying to understand how others play:

    Why do people bank rewards points instead of just spending them on the item you want, when you have enough to buy that item?

    They don't.

    These players just want to dev bash when they have no valid reason to do so.
  • twizagtwizag Posts: 40
    - Сказал аррот-тейель:
    Просто как вопрос, пытающийся понять, как играют другие:

    почему люди откладывают бонусные баллы вместо того, чтобы просто тратить их на нужный вам предмет, когда у вас достаточно денег, чтобы купить этот предмет?
    In order to spend, you need to collect. And you can also sell it
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 1,269
    @twizag - The max turn in was 250 points. You had 400... well beyond what you needed at any point. I'm not doubting you did but that's just not a good strategy (as you saw). I banked points until around 200-250 each time in case I was tempted to get that SDI book (couldn't do it) but once I did I'd be sure to get a couple items and go back down to 100 or so. Rinse and repeat.

    As for shard bound; that was across the board (Atl did not get any special treatment). I'm not saying I agree with shard bound but how does that fit into the vendor should be up for an extra week because you missed the deadline? 
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    popps said:
    What beats me, really, is why sometime Design decisions end up aggravating paying customers, that is, players....

    I mean, to my opinion it would be obvious that Design decisions should always have the end result to help out and facilitate players, not aggravate them....

    BLAH BLAH BLAH
    Just because you are looking for easy mode doesn't mean every body else is.  If I have %100 chance to do anything and everything in UO it will become boring, why play a boring game.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,401
    edited November 2020
    Next time just change npc end date by 1 week later. Problem solved. No need this thread.

    Same day, many complaints, many problems.

    Its a simple thing to change that date by just 7 days. There is zero negative impact.

    I also heard NPC can still take in drops but they don't count. This is also bad.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • twizagtwizag Posts: 40
    keven2002 said:
    @ twizag - The max turn in was 250 points. You had 400... well beyond what you needed at any point. I'm not doubting you did but that's just not a good strategy (as you saw). I banked points until around 200-250 each time in case I was tempted to get that SDI book (couldn't do it) but once I did I'd be sure to get a couple items and go back down to 100 or so. Rinse and repeat.

    As for shard bound; that was across the board (Atl did not get any special treatment). I'm not saying I agree with shard bound but how does that fit into the vendor should be up for an extra week because you missed the deadline? 
    I had a slightly different situation-I was in the hospital
  • Seth said:
    Next time just change npc end date by 1 week later. Problem solved. No need this thread.

    Same day, many complaints, many problems.

    Its a simple thing to change that date by just 7 days. There is zero negative impact.

    I also heard NPC can still take in drops but they don't count. This is also bad.
    Except people will still complain about the date even if it was a week later. Problem is not solved.

    Nothing needs to change the event ran perfectly.

  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 1,269
    Events with well defined end dates should end on time. Sorry to anyone who lost out.

    On to the dark forest!! Be sure to check the end date ;) 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,401
    Seth said:
    Next time just change npc end date by 1 week later. Problem solved. No need this thread.

    Same day, many complaints, many problems.

    Its a simple thing to change that date by just 7 days. There is zero negative impact.

    I also heard NPC can still take in drops but they don't count. This is also bad.
    Except people will still complain about the date even if it was a week later. Problem is not solved.

    Nothing needs to change the event ran perfectly.

    Then make it 30 days or 3 mths :D
    The dev do not need to rent the vendor.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • MissEMissE Posts: 774
    Larisa said:
    MissE said:
    You can't and your points have disappeared.   I got called out unexpectedly to the hospital so mine went to god too.   USELESS. 

    There is NO need to do this, the NPC could stand there for 3 mnths after the event, makes no difference to anyone.  The important date was when the 'drops' stopped, ie the 15th, but there was no need to kill the NPC at the same time. 

    Unexpected things happen.  Just another way to take enjoyment out of an event. 


    That's false

    That date wasn't when the drops stopped....that NPC was up for how long? Do people not read?
    (sorry for sounding mean but seriously)



    Just in case people STILL can't read...

    It states:

    POINTS...not drops...POINTS....

    Will expire

    Everyone had ample time and ample warning....if the points expire on the 15th, why keep the NPC there?






    Should take your own advice Larissa.  I didn't 'say' the date was when the drops stopped but not points.  Read again, seeing as YOU  STILL cannot read.  (sorry for sounding mean but seriously)

    I made a comment that there was no 'need' to do that.   And there isn't.   There is no harm in letting an NPC stand for a week, a month or even a Year after the event actually 'ends'.  The END date of the spawn dropping items is the critical thing here. 

    I can read just as well as the next person.  I knew when it ended, I had claimed all items I had needed  (1100 odd points worth), I had 50 points left for a friend that I had only farmed upon the last day, but due to circumstances out of my control couldn't get home in time to claim them, it doesn't mean that I didn't know when, I did. 

    My point is that  there should be at least some time between the end of the spawn dropping items and the time you have to claim rewards.  You could of got the last 'drop' you need to make 100 points smack on midnight and not have time to get it handed in the way this is set up. 

    As I said there is no NEED to do that. 



    Cheers MissE

    For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
This discussion has been closed.