Shrine war rumor

I heard tale that the shrine wars are going going going?  Any truth to this?  A lot of us are still working on the tabards, then there the quest for the tiles also to worry about, I am trying to work up characters to do the quest on Sonoma in hopes of getting my last three tiles I need.  SO can we please leave those areas alone and let us have our fun???
Remove Trap = Bad News
for
Treasure Hunters
Drakelord#5598

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Keep em going.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,780
    Can't say I would care if they ended.  I dug up 20 cache chests yesterday and almost all of them had fragments inside. I already have so many I don't bother to even collect them from the chests for the turn in points.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    I think its good to keep them going but the fellowship medallion should also be obtainable. Those players who reactivated the account this year, will not be able to get them. Not everybody care to post here or able to find someone in game who can trust and lend them the medallion.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Had it not been for this thread I would have requested these be removed from chests since the set of 8 replaces a useful drop I could sell on my vendor, the clean up points for the set of 8 is not worth the effort it takes to get them out of the box and into the trash chest, and to be honest my vendor cannot even give the ones I have left away.  Have grown to really hate getting fragments in a chest more than any other aspect of the game.  But, if someone actually has a use for these would agree they should continue they should continue to spawn, but do you really have to put them in way over 50% of the chests.  For some of us chests are our primary source of gold.
    Arnold7 said:
    Had it not been for this thread I would have requested these be removed from chests since the set of 8 replaces a useful drop I could sell on my vendor, the clean up points for the set of 8 is not worth the effort it takes to get them out of the box and into the trash chest, and to be honest my vendor cannot even give the ones I have left away.  Have grown to really hate getting fragments in a chest more than any other aspect of the game.  But, if someone actually has a use for these would agree they should continue they should continue to spawn, but do you really have to put them in way over 50% of the chests.  For some of us chests are our primary source of gold.

They do not take the place of other drops from a chest...  Why do you just make up stuff?
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
     Noticed that drops of special items such as mana orbs and forged pardons diminished when sets of 8 fragments started appearing in supply and cache chests. Reduction appeared to be due to more than chance.  The probability of good finds in supply chests appears to have improved the last couple of months but not cache.  Don’t do trove or hoard so can’t speak for those.
    edited November 2020
    Arnold7 said:
     Noticed that drops of special items such as mana orbs and forged pardons diminished when sets of 8 fragments started appearing in supply and cache chests. Reduction appeared to be due to more than chance.  The probability of good finds in supply chests appears to have improved the last couple of months but not cache.  Don’t do trove or hoard so can’t speak for those.
    The Treasure hunting revamp changed things.  Here is where you can search to find specific things.  Notice that Mysterious fragments are not there.  They were added later and do not take the place of another item.  UO.com is down so cant show where where it says that. They started with just a couple of fragments when Shrine Battles started, they changed it to eight.  You do not get 8 fewer items. But you could do a little research before making proclamations.  Orbs were reduced overall in T hunting they put them in the artifact category.  The devs are stingy when giving out artifacts.

https://www.uo-cah.com/treasure-map-search#s

• DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    Seth said:
    I think its good to keep them going but the fellowship medallion should also be obtainable. Those players who reactivated the account this year, will not be able to get them. Not everybody care to post here or able to find someone in game who can trust and lend them the medallion.

I ask about the Medallion quest at a Dev M&G, was told it was not going to come back.  And that the members of UO Community would be glad to loan such a medallion to another in order to access the well of souls.  There is a problem with this, two members of our guild did such a noble feats, loaned out the medallion only to not get it back.  One forgot who she loaned it to and never got it back, another loan his, only to see that player quit UO for some reason taking his medallion.  Then a friend of mine wanted access to the well, he a Garg, I am human I loan him the medallion, only to get it right back he cannot wear it being a garg.  

And no one in our guild is garg that went in the quest.  Well there was one, but she been missing for 4 days now.  Attempts to contact her have failed so far.  We do not know if the medallion can be converted to garg then back to human either.  Maybe @Mesanna can answer that one.  Also I play across several shard during this event and I cannot get in the well as I have no medallion and who in the right mind will loan such a medallion to a total stranger on their shard to get into the well?  I would be very hesitated to loan such a item that can no longer be gotten on the quest.

So I think they really need to bring that quest back for the Medallion!  Or just turn off the feature where you need it to get into the well.  Open the door for all of us.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    I tried to alter one last night, just to see if you could.
    You can't alter to gargoyle.

And I also had a gargoyle medallion that was blue, but it turned grey again.
    So I guess it will be just for display purposes.
    won't let gargoyles enter

Grey/white is the converted color.  The underground castle is still active. Take a lute and music down at the right time and you can activate them still or make lutes that play stones.
    edited November 2020
    Pawain said:

Grey/white is the converted color.  The underground castle is still active. Take a lute and music down at the right time and you can activate them still or make lutes that play stones.
    the day that the stuff was deleted from blackthorns dungeon (where you got the medallion) I sat there for a couple hours and it would never change back to wedding deco.

so last night, after it couldn't be wore there. I went down there to try to do it again.
    It is once again being decorated.
    I played the lute and it couldn't be changed.
    I did it multiple times, with several different chars.
    You can't go into The Well of souls with these necklaces...

=======

Also another guild members was blue also, but it turned grey too

I'm guessing some of the necklaces on Sonoma are bugged
    edited November 2020
    Pawain said:

the day that the stuff was deleted from blackthorns dungeon (where you got the medallion) I sat there for a couple hours and it would never change back to wedding deco.

so last night, after it couldn't be wore there. I went down there to try to do it again.

=======

If you have the songbook on you and play a lute when it is active, it still changes the necklaces.  
    I got at least 20 of them.  I still find some that I didn't convert and go convert them with no issues, I also look for slayer lutes on VS and convert those also.
    Pawain said:
    Pawain said:

=======

If you have the songbook on you and play a lute when it is active, it still changes the necklaces.  
    I got at least 20 of them.  I still find some that I didn't convert and go convert them with no issues, I also look for slayer lutes on VS and convert those also.
    Ok I tried again, I didn't realize you have to have a new lute every time
    edited November 2020
    Cinderella said: I didn't realize you have to have a new lute every time
    Yup that is also part of the quest.  Get someone to make all the exc lute colors, take the Lolos and popular slayers.  Someday this will be turned off.  You can take a bag full and convert with any necklace. Play each one.
  • It's a shame the game doesn't make it easy to select the actual audio file used by the instrument during barding.

Why?  The duration of the song should match the length of time of the delay between possible skills uses, to optimize back to back usage...

edited November 2020
    Drakelord said:
    Seth said:

I ask about the Medallion quest at a Dev M&G, was told it was not going to come back.  And that the members of UO Community would be glad to loan such a medallion to another in order to access the well of souls.  There is a problem with this, two members of our guild did such a noble feats, loaned out the medallion only to not get it back.  One forgot who she loaned it to and never got it back, another loan his, only to see that player quit UO for some reason taking his medallion.  Then a friend of mine wanted access to the well, he a Garg, I am human I loan him the medallion, only to get it right back he cannot wear it being a garg.  

And no one in our guild is garg that went in the quest.  Well there was one, but she been missing for 4 days now.  Attempts to contact her have failed so far.  We do not know if the medallion can be converted to garg then back to human either.  Maybe @ Mesanna can answer that one.  Also I play across several shard during this event and I cannot get in the well as I have no medallion and who in the right mind will loan such a medallion to a total stranger on their shard to get into the well?  I would be very hesitated to loan such a item that can no longer be gotten on the quest.

So I think they really need to bring that quest back for the Medallion!  Or just turn off the feature where you need it to get into the well.  Open the door for all of us.

Yes, they keep the shrine war, but turned off the quest to get the medallion.

If they believe in lending/borrowing from strangers, it would only make sense if there is a "lending function" that would remove the item from the borrower, and return to the lender after a specified period of time. This does not exist.

In UO, we cannot call the police or issue a lawyer letter to try get a loan back.
    If you want a Tabard on Lake Superior, I will have no problem lending you a necklace.  Maybe other shards have security issues.
  • DanpalDanpal Posts: 119
    Just take a deposit. 50mil and give it back when you have said item back 
    edited November 2020
    Its easier for the Dev to leave the switch on, as we are paying for the game every month.
    Seth said:
    Its easier for the Dev to leave the switch on, as we are paying for the game every month.
    The Fellowship has been defeated.  You can not get the coins that got the necklace.
    They could allow entry into the well with no necklace.
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    Pawain said:
    yep
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    Pawain said:
    Seth said:
    The Fellowship has been defeated.  You can not get the coins that got the necklace.
    hmm, I just tried without the medallion, what did I miss?

This character has completed shrine wars and collected his tabard using the medallion to access the well previously.

edited November 2020
    Seth said:
    Pawain said:
    Seth said:
    hmm, I just tried without the medallion, what did I miss?

This character has completed shrine wars and collected his tabard using the medallion to access the well previously.

I said the devs could allow us to enter without one.  They do not feel the same as I do.

I guess I could have said the devs should allow us to get in without the necklace and it be less confusing. Coulda shoulda woulda
    Sorry, I missed the word "could". Yes this should be easiest way to do it.
  • psychopsycho Posts: 284
    edited November 2020
    All this event is considered "temporarily content", I dont like that, there are systems that are in game permanently that are not temporarily, yet broken and with bugs. Fix the permanent stuff before adding temporarly things.

Anyway, my biggest issue with this shrine war event is I lost track of which chars has done the quest and which has not. Which chars has killed 4 out of 6 bosses at what shine. And at what shard? I did them on Europa and Atlantic, have a medalion (somewhere) on both shards, but I lost track of chars.  It wouldnt be a problem if you could do the shrine war more than once on one character.

As for the medalion issue, Since you cant get the medalion anymore I consider the event over, but why is not shrine wars disabled? Either leave all on, or turn everything off. atm its both on and off