Could a link be added to the home page that leads to the current schedule of world events?

Balin_WingnutBalin_Wingnut Posts: 43
edited November 2020 in General Discussions
Can we get a roadmap that's easily accessible that shows the current events planned for the world? Like something that would list the Undead Lords event plus the next 3-6 months of in game events?

A link from the main page leading to a roadmap would really help out a lot to let people know there are things planned. As it is its hidden in the newsletter, which doesn't seem the best place to put that info if you want most plasterers to see it.

Or have it on the patch screen or in game with the Town Cryer statues.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    edited November 2020
    They gave it to us in June. 
    https://us9.campaign-archive.com/?u=17d7bd79de495239fca33bcf5&id=c3d6c08a93

We have those two events plus the artisan festival.  One of those events will possibly be set up to keep going into next year.   Gonna be busy.  I think they rely on word of mouth advertising.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    edited November 2020
    The main page has a link for EM News, which has an event calendar. I add my vote to encourage UO to please rename this to Events and use this already existing event calendar. It has colors for Dev events (meet and greets, usually, but there are the occasional things like a TC1 weekend or Roulette with Mesanna) as well as world wide events, and even player events - but it never seems to be updated except for EM events. This is really not a huge thing to ask, as many players have family, work, and lives outside of UO.

https://uo.com/events/2020-11/

• JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    "All dates are available on the calendar." 

Adding the dates and times to the calendar and then dropping that phrase in and out of game would resolve many, many player complaints about the nature of communication and events.
  • I guess I should have made it clear, I already know what events are coming. This is for OTHER people who aren't as obsessive as we are. 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    I guess I should have made it clear, I already know what events are coming. This is for OTHER people who aren't as obsessive as we are. 
    I see there could be those slideshows on uo front page, highlighting the latest event, ends when etc.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs