Diffent mount for Sampire.

DanpalDanpal Posts: 114
edited November 2020 in General Discussions
Can we get a different mount type please. Geting sick of looking at the swamp dragon. 

We have art in game for war horses.

We are charger of the fallen and old Faction mounts. 

Just something else please that we can put armor on.
  1. New mount23 votes
    1. Yes please
      69.57%
    2. No I love my swamp dragon
        0.00%
    3. Don't care
      30.43%

Comments

  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,202
    You can use a Hiryu instead... Would be nice to be able to craft horse barding for the Palominos.
  • DanpalDanpal Posts: 114
    Pawain said:
    You can use a Hiryu instead... Would be nice to be able to craft horse barding for the Palominos.
    Both are ugly in my opinion on EC.
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 285
    edited November 2020
    Danpal said:
    Pawain said:
    You can use a Hiryu instead... Would be nice to be able to craft horse barding for the Palominos.
    Both are ugly in my opinion on EC.
    They're ugly on CC in my opinion as well, riding swamp dragon is like a riding a crocodile and  hiryu is like riding an airplane. 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,329
    edited November 2020
    Aragorn said:
    Danpal said:
    Pawain said:
    You can use a Hiryu instead... Would be nice to be able to craft horse barding for the Palominos.
    Both are ugly in my opinion on EC.
    They're ugly on CC in my opinion as well, riding swamp dragon is like a riding a crocodile and  hiryu is like riding an airplane. 

    Same observation as me.

    I feel the swampy in EC is more accurate. It is a dragon with wings wrapped by the armor, and the look is "lean and mean". The CC Swampy is fat and... cute, does not look like a warrior ride.

    The topic is about options for sampire mount. Below are some related suggestions:

    1) Add more rideable pets with damage reduction for melee warrior, and for non-warrior also.

    2) Have varying degree of damage reduction for each type of armor

    Blacksmith (melee protection)
    - e.g. Valorite should provide more damage reduction than iron, and higher durability. This should give incentive to use more rare metal for rare fights with big powerful bosses. So damage reduction up to 30% (from current 20%) to making much more significant.
    - Should offer some spell damage protection (5%).

    Tailoring (spell attack protection)
    - This is for non-melee type, including mages, bards, thieves, etc.
    - Leather, Studded, Bone: Spell damage reduction up to 20% for barbed.
    - all armor offer some melee damage protection (5%).

    To avoid getting nerfed, the above should start for PVM first. Whether it should be used for PVP should be a separate system and discussion, so if that one is reverted and nerfed in future, the effort for the PVM is not wasted.

    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 285
    Seth said:
    Aragorn said:
    Danpal said:
    Pawain said:
    You can use a Hiryu instead... Would be nice to be able to craft horse barding for the Palominos.
    Both are ugly in my opinion on EC.
    They're ugly on CC in my opinion as well, riding swamp dragon is like a riding a crocodile and  hiryu is like riding an airplane. 

    Same observation as me.

    I feel the swampy in EC is more accurate. It is a dragon with wings wrapped by the armor, and the look is "lean and mean". The CC Swampy is fat and... cute, does not look like a warrior ride.

    The topic is about options for sampire mount. Below are some related suggestions:

    1) Add more rideable pets with damage reduction for melee warrior, and for non-warrior also.

    2) Have varying degree of damage reduction for each type of armor

    Blacksmith (melee protection)
    - e.g. Valorite should provide more damage reduction than iron, and higher durability. This should give incentive to use more rare metal for rare fights with big powerful bosses. So damage reduction up to 30% (from current 20%) to making much more significant.
    - Should offer some spell damage protection (5%).

    Tailoring (spell attack protection)
    - This is for non-melee type, including mages, bards, thieves, etc.
    - Leather, Studded, Bone: Spell damage reduction up to 20% for barbed.
    - all armor offer some melee damage protection (5%).

    To avoid getting nerfed, the above should start for PVM first. Whether it should be used for PVP should be a separate system and discussion, so if that one is reverted and nerfed in future, the effort for the PVM is not wasted.

    I like this, definitely an area the devs and the producer should spend some time on. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,202
    We should be able to make barding for any pet that is 1 slot, including store mounts. Except the charger.


  • ParnocParnoc Posts: 230
    Pawain said:
    You can use a Hiryu instead... Would be nice to be able to craft horse barding for the Palominos.

    Does a Hiryu soak the damage the same as the swampy?
  • I would agree that barding for some different animals would be a great feature.  The different metal types could agree with different pets.  Maybe stone barding for some mounts possibly.  I have just gottent the dinasour expac so not sure if there are ridable mounts that are dinasours, but would think stone barding would be cool on them if so.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,202
    edited November 2020
    Parnoc said:
    Pawain said:
    You can use a Hiryu instead... Would be nice to be able to craft horse barding for the Palominos.

    Does a Hiryu soak the damage the same as the swampy?
    I am for barding for any mount and luggage racks for all pets.  Those were items that were considered for the pet revamp but they ran out of time.  If they revive those, we could ride anything.  I gave him an option that is available.  I still say the Palomino would look great with barding.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,329
    Pawain said:
    Parnoc said:
    Pawain said:
    You can use a Hiryu instead... Would be nice to be able to craft horse barding for the Palominos.

    Does a Hiryu soak the damage the same as the swampy?
    I am for barding for any mount and luggage racks for all pets.  Those were items that were considered for the pet revamp but they ran out of time.  If they revive those, we could ride anything.  I gave him an option that is available.  I still say the Palomino would look great with barding.
    Luggage racks is good idea for extra storage, but it should not carry more than the blue beetle. Or they should increase blue beetle capacity.

    Palomino looks good too.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • I've made suggestions for years that there should be a Paladin mount, even one that didn't soak damage but was just....More traditional "Paladin" than our current options.  (War horse type of mount, but not Faction-related and live, not ethy.)  Something like the Lesser Hiryu that Samurai have access to.

    The responses to you are way more friendly than any responses I ever got.

    It's also very strange how folks forget that Sampire is not the only warrior option in this game.
  • I've made suggestions for years that there should be a Paladin mount, even one that didn't soak damage but was just....More traditional "Paladin" than our current options.  (War horse type of mount, but not Faction-related and live, not ethy.)  Something like the Lesser Hiryu that Samurai have access to.

    The responses to you are way more friendly than any responses I ever got.

    It's also very strange how folks forget that Sampire is not the only warrior option in this game.

    True.  There might be an archer mount that would use leather barding for agility.  A pure warrior should get the most protection from barding period.  I would say purely that it should be a horse if its human.  Other mounts for different races.  I have thoughts about Gargoyls as well, but they need fleshed out.

  • DanpalDanpal Posts: 114
    @Kyronix, @Bleak @Mesanna ;   Can we get any word on this. We are being civil and not starting any fights.  Can you all take a look into it please and thank you.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,329
    edited November 2020
    After reading the posts above, I have some more points to add:

    - today, any character can use any mount.

    - if the topic is about adding cosmetic armor on pet, then I feel it has less appeal.

    - So, the focus should be about adding "magical armor", like a swampy, to other pets. Am I right or no?

    - And so again, other than melee damage reduction, can also consider

    storage (for luggage)

    spell damage reduction

    stats boost, e.g. +10 stamina when mounted, or +2 Mana Regen

    I think players should have the full range of choices. E.g. swampy is not for warrior only, and bard can also ride swampy for protection. Same for all rides.

    - The choice players have to make, should be armor and material type for their character, be it archer, paladin or mage. They can choose any pet they like for their looks... 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,202
    Yes the pet barding would be barding like we are used to.  Not deco.  But it could also look cool.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Yes anything other than a big green pickle.  A War Horse would be great.
  • The lesser hiryu that you can ride with Bushido is a nice idea, but not terribly practical. It doesn't soak damage, and while it's reasonably strong for a non-tamer's pet, it's still not terribly likely to survive if you happen to die. Not unless you get killed disconnecting at ettins or something. You're better off just riding an ethy and at least not having to mess with resurrecting it.

    Give paladins a summonable warhorse at GM chiv, and give it damage soak at 120 chiv. For the sake of simplicity just have it work like an ethy you summon by casting the spell, disappearing on dismount.

    Take the skeletal steed and hellsteed created by the Animate Dead spell and have them stop losing HP as soon as the player mounts them. Give the hellsteed damage soak. Additionally, make them uniquely possible to re-animate from their own corpses. After a death you look at your splattered skeletal horse like "Get up you piece of crap, uus corp!"
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 343
    edited November 2020
    First, they'd have to fix the bug with Swampy Armor Damage Reduction also reducing your own damage output by the same amount. Currently, if you ride a Exceptional Armored Swampy, not only do you receive 20% less damage in PvM, but you also dish out 20% less damage in PvM. That's a bug.
    The same bug also affects Evil Omen and Opposing Slayers, but in the opposite way. As demonstrated in this video.


  • SethSeth Posts: 2,329
    First, they'd have to fix the bug with Swampy Armor Damage Reduction also reducing your own damage output by the same amount. Currently, if you ride a Exceptional Armored Swampy, not only do you receive 20% less damage in PvM, but you also dish out 20% less damage in PvM. That's a bug.
    The same bug also affects Evil Omen and Opposing Slayers, but in the opposite way. As demonstrated in this video.


    I didn't know this bug, and its very bad. I wasted so much time to make and sell dragon barding defeated by a bug. 

    This should also be posted at bug section.

    @Kyronix @Bleak please help.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
Sign In or Register to comment.