Gold should be "upped" on "Treasures of...." Monsters....

As everyone knows, the Paragons imply dieing quite commonly.

This means, that, due to insurance costs, the deaths tolls can add up quite fastly.

I am not sure about how much others' insurance cost with prized items and all that but, personally, each death cost me about 13k and they add up fast.

Besides the fact that the killing is too fast paced to try getting as many drops as possible and, consequentially, one does not gather much gold from the corpses, they do not have much to start with, even if one wanted to spend time looting them....

Most have about 100 gp, a few like 300 gp and only rarely some with 500 gp or so can be found.

To put together the much that one's own death cost in Deceit in insurance, means lots and lots of corpses to spend time to loot rather then focusing on kills to try get as many drops as possible.

So, it would be nice for the upcoming segments to see a significant upping of the gold that Monsters may have on their corpses thus helping more to "make it up" for one's own cost in insurance of death by having to only loot a few corpses and not need to have to waste too much time to check too many of them.

A lot of players do not use the Enhanced Client with the auto-loot thing (the Classic Client does not have such a thing...) and even that one in the Enhanced Client, takes time to sit there by the corpse, it is not an instant thing... so, if gold was upped, one could reduce the number of corpses to loot (and thus time to spend on that), and still come up with some gold to cover up deah insurance costs.

Comments

• NOPE
  • vortexvortex Posts: 200
    Go around and loot corpses they laying all over with gold on them nobody loots
  • Disagree. As vortex said, there aren’t really many looting the corpses anyway, and the reward should be the “of the three” items anyway. The odd paragon chest is nice, but the gold given isn’t going to make a huge difference. 
    Don’t think we need any extra gold on these corpses as there are easier ways to gather money than these. Unless you’re using your rogue to pilfer other people’s kills...?
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    go in atlantic fel deceit spawn no one collecting the gold after neira die on ground there is million gold decaying there all day long and the spawn duration is like10 minutes...the economy for gold is way out of control
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    OR go hunt elsewhere for gold. When I'm done with a deceit run I usually go to the Blood Dungeon and kill Blood eles for fame and karma, they give decent gold and you can get paragon chests as well with even more gold in them and they are easy to kill.

• ValisValis Posts: 45
    On Todays Episode of "Popps Useless Ideas"
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    You could also sell just one 'of the three' pieces to cover insurance cost. I've seen bone pieces sell for 10 mil or more.  And if you think you will really need that one piece to get that item -  again sell a bone piece for 10 mil that covers insurance AND the cost of buying a junky piece from someone for the 1.5 mil they are selling for.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited November 2020
    I think we are pampered, insurance should not exist in the first place.

First thing first, life and death is a key objective of the game, fight to stay alive and get a reward, die and you lose and be punished.

What is the point of playing when your character dies, the penalty cost is peanuts and you get to keep your gear.

Might as well play Standalone games where you can Save Game and Load Game. That would always be 100% free insurance.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Marge got here first. Each piece sells for 1M or more each.
    I've gone through a undertaker staff a half. So I've died a lot.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Pawain said:
    Marge got here first. Each piece sells for 1M or more each.
    I've gone through a undertaker staff a half. So I've died a lot.
    lol ouch!

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Seth said:
    I think we are pampered, insurance should not exist in the first place.

First thing first, life and death is a key objective of the game, fight to stay alive and get a reward, die and you lose and be punished.

What is the point of playing when your character dies, the penalty cost is peanuts and you get to keep your gear.

Might as well play Standalone games where you can Save Game and Load Game. That would always be 100% free insurance.
    Well, not really peanutes when death robes start piling up...

At 13k per death, 10 deaths which are easily added up in a half hour or so, become 130k loss....

So, in a few hours of gameplay and several tens of deaths it can soon become millions lost in deaths....

I just thought that is would have been nice to recover this gold from looting corpses... but at 100 gp or even 300 gp on average on corpses one would need to spend half of the time killing, and half of the time looting the corpses thus getting then less drops....

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Agree with Seth many stand alone games are much more rewarding to play.  Better stories and game play all around for many of them.  If UO really wants to survive, the team should take a longer look at what these offer
    IMO gold from corpses should go directly to the bank. The other gold from chests, ground, reward etc is the only piles we should have to pick up.  That would pay for insurance.
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    ill say the opposite insurance should cost 10x more...people dont care to die because it s very cheap fees and dont loot corpes because you lose hunt time when doing it...faster you kill a new monster faster you get a drop who sells for 1.5 mil over and can have like 500-1000 deaths .... by the way do the math for a bless deed over 40 mil now...how many time you need to die to make it Worth it...and the answer is no multiple thousands deaths...
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Agree would be better if gold went straight to the bank especially from mobs.  Often when it comes to picking up gold from kills the risk does not justify the reward.  Also agree payouts should be better from most run mill mid range monsters.  Most of the time killing them is not worth the effort.  Higher end monsters might have something you can sell but the rest have mostly junk and just the occasional good piece that sits on your vendor for a year or more even when underpriced.
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    edited November 2020
    Don't agree letting gold go straight to the bank. There are just too many gold in the economy already and we don't need another boost. 

As some others have recommended already, sell a piece of the drop and it should cover the insurance cost for the ENTIRE event already. 

I don't mind boosting the gold from paragons thought but you still need to loot it from corpse, this is not for insurance cost but to justify the time needed to kill those things especially for para rams and the stupid para sword. Most of the time I will just find a room to lock the sword in. It is created just to annoy you just like a fly in real world which will never go away.
    I dont have enough gold in my economy.  I have many hungry pets that have yet to be fed.
  • It seems to me, that many veteran players might find that automatic gold deposit might be less of a burdon to the play time they are used to.  I would note that there are people that play just a couple hours a week, and enjoy the game play, a chance to go to the bank, to visit, to go to their house, and not needlessly be dedicated to the grind without being burdoned with gold weight.  I can see scripters using the auto gold deposit for just unlimited supply of gold.  Sorry do not like it.
    I prefer a game where we do not base our changes on the speculation of what scripters can and can not do with the changes.  If they are scripting they can already pick up gold and take it to the bank with no effort. 
  • Pawain said:
    I prefer a game where we do not base our changes on the speculation of what scripters can and can not do with the changes.  If they are scripting they can already pick up gold and take it to the bank with no effort. 

and that is ok.  That is what you believe, that is fine.  I just do not agree.  and that is fine.
    edited November 2020
    Pawain said:
    I dont have enough gold in my economy.  I have many hungry pets that have yet to be fed.
    Sell a piece of the drop just to feed your pets in this case while you are on you way to your 6th or 7th or probably 10th piece of ssi epaulettes now as you've mentioned in another thread while complaining not having enough gold and want 300 gold to go straight to your bank. 

Probably you should also understand the idea of inflation. While everyone is getting more gold, you are not getting any richer and you'll be as poor as now who still can't feed your hungry pets. 
    Aragorn said:
    Pawain said:
    Sell a piece of the drop just to feed your pets in this case while you are on you way to your 6th or 7th or probably 10th piece of ssi epaulettes now as you've mentioned in another thread while complaining not having enough gold and want 300 gold to go straight to your bank. 

Probably you should also understand the idea of inflation. While everyone is getting more gold, you are not getting any richer and you'll be as poor as now who still can't feed your hungry pets. 
    We can loot gold now. Scripters can loot and bank gold.  How would allowing us to not have to loot make the scripters get more?  We are the ones leaving the gold in corpses not them.
    edited November 2020

Aragorn said:

I had my 5 SSI epaulets. Then someone offered to trade a Titan relic for one so now I have to replace that one and get a garg one for my thrower.  9 days to get 300 more pieces, I want some human and garg boots and another Kotl ring.  Extra gold would be nice,
    edited November 2020
    Pawain said:
    Aragorn said:
    Pawain said:

We can loot gold now. Scripters can loot and bank gold.  How would allowing us to not have to loot make the scripters get more?  We are the ones leaving the gold in corpses not them.
    Exactly, so you're making normal people now capable to get gold the way how scripters are getting gold. Everyone will get gold automatically, as if they are scripting for gold? And you don't think this will speed up inflation which is already very bad in UO? 

Aragorn said:
    Don't agree letting gold go straight to the bank. There are just too many gold in the economy already and we don't need another boost. 

As some others have recommended already, sell a piece of the drop and it should cover the insurance cost for the ENTIRE event already. 

I don't mind boosting the gold from paragons thought but you still need to loot it from corpse, this is not for insurance cost but to justify the time needed to kill those things especially for para rams and the stupid para sword. Most of the time I will just find a room to lock the sword in. It is created just to annoy you just like a fly in real world which will never go away.
    I do not mind looting from the corpses, manually, I already do it all the time...

My only problem is with the "amount" of gold that currently corpses have....

It is so miniscule (100 go or 300 gp, very rarely 500 gp), that I have to spend time to manually loot corpses TONS of times to cover up 1 death that cost me 13,000 gp in insurance....

If we consider an average of 200 gp per corpse (the 500 gp is so rare to come by that it makes no sense to consider it), to make it up for 1 single death cost of insurance I need to manually loot, and thus spend precious time that I could be killing more stuff, instead, for more drops, some 65 corpses....

That is a whole lot of time guys, to manually stand still, open up a corpse and drag gold from that corpse for 65 corpses.... and that is only for 1 death !!

As we all now, deaths with Paragons in Deceit easily pile up, so, those 65 manual lootings, easily become hundreds, thousands to try make it up for the insurance cost...

One can easily see how many kills a player might be missing out if they have to stop by and manually loot gold from so many corpses to make it up for the insurance costs.

If gold was higher on corpses, significantly higher, one could at least cut down that manual looting for gold to 10, 15 corpses at most to make it up for 1 death.
    edited November 2020
    they don't drop a lot of gold, but they do drop the purple artifact which you can sell for a million of gold. With the amount of time looting 65 corpses, go kill more mobs and you should be able to get 1 drop, which is enough for the insurance cost of the entire event, and not just 1 or 2 deaths.
    Marge said:
    You could also sell just one 'of the three' pieces to cover insurance cost. I've seen bone pieces sell for 10 mil or more.  And if you think you will really need that one piece to get that item -  again sell a bone piece for 10 mil that covers insurance AND the cost of buying a junky piece from someone for the 1.5 mil they are selling for.
    @Marge

Out of curiosity, is there any particular reason why most players are after the Bone pieces and there is not much interest for the other types ?
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    People simply like collecting bone armor sets to display. No real rhyme or reason, they just like the look of bone armor. There are also people that like collecting all possible armor sets in the new colors. There is a guy on Chessy trying to buy his last few pieces of female armor pieces for 15 mil each. It just depends on the personal preference of the individual collector and what they are still missing to complete their sets.
  • Marge said:
    People simply like collecting bone armor sets to display. No real rhyme or reason, they just like the look of bone armor. There are also people that like collecting all possible armor sets in the new colors. There is a guy on Chessy trying to buy his last few pieces of female armor pieces for 15 mil each. It just depends on the personal preference of the individual collector and what they are still missing to complete their sets.
    Bone and Plate seem to be the ones sought after. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• AenvarAenvar Posts: 42
    My rsi would definitely appreciate a change in the way gold is looted.

That being said I can live with the current system (which means less gold in my pocket) but scripters and those illegally inflating the economy should be eradicated, since they must be one of the main reasons we have this problem with gold in the first place.