Fix blackthorn captains please!

TabinTabin Posts: 30
edited October 2020 in General Discussions
Blackthorn captains used to give roughly two minax drops.  If i solo, great i get two drops for my hard earned effort.  If im teaming up, usually my teammate and i both get one.  System was great!

When i solo it now, its been 1 drop every time.  Given the difficulty and the length of time i takes to kill a set of captains and then beat on a lighthouse for days, it just isnt worth it anymore.

Was this change intentional?  I get why the rest of the dungeon is empty, scripters ruined that for us.  I don’t see why blackthorn captains needed a drop rate nerf.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    You still get a drop solo.  But now you can get three drops in a group.  Other content should reward group play!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited October 2020
    i killed one recently with a friend, we both received 2 drops
    (this was in fel, not sure if there's a difference)
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

edited October 2020
    Mervyn said:
    i killed one recently with a friend, we both received 2 drops
    (this was in fel, not sure if there's a difference)
    You just killed one and left?  Not sure how many you need in a group but 3 players will get three drops per Captain. Some Captains just drop one or two still.  With a group Ill get around 20 drops per toon per city. The change happened when the dungeon was changed.  For a while there were just Captains and no spawn. That was a bountiful period.
  • TabinTabin Posts: 30
    Just went back today with friends.  The system seems broken.  If you have many people killing it, it dies fast and everyone gets three drops.   If you solo it, you only get one drop.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Tabin said:
    Just went back today with friends.  The system seems broken.  If you have many people killing it, it dies fast and everyone gets three drops.   If you solo it, you only get one drop.
    Yep  Not broken, it is set up for group play.  Working as intended.
  • ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 313
    It's random, you get 1 to 3 drops per captain now. I love it now.  We can make it a guild hunt and everyone ends up getting enough rewards to make it worthwhile.  It used to suck...
    Bilbo said:
    Tabin said:
    How is that not broken?  If anything, make it drop two to three drops per kill regardless if you are solo or in a group.
    edited October 2020
    Tabin said:
    Bilbo said:
    Tabin said:
    How is that not broken?  If anything, make it drop two to three drops per kill regardless if you are solo or in a group.

We should have more content that requires a group to get more whatever.  Solo can get the minimum. So, you are not left out.  They tried to make T hunting that way but a group just gives 3 to 4 more armor items so not really worth it since 1 player see all the stuff.
    edited October 2020
    Tabin said:
    They are set up as GROUP play so if you do them solo then you take a reduced reward.
    edited October 2020
    Simple fix.  Make it two to three drops PER PERSON regardless if you are in a group or soloing.  Right now it severely punishes solo play by only dropping one minax artifact.

This rewards group play still because you clear fast and everyone gets loot.
    Tabin said:
    Simple fix.  Make it two to three drops PER PERSON regardless if you are in a group or soloing.  Right now it severely punishes solo play by only dropping one minax artifact.

Simple fix, get a group.
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Oh no! Group play encouraged in a MMO! How dare they!
    Lol alright guys.  Some of yall are interesting folks with weird logic.
  • HippoHippo Posts: 267
    Please leave BT as it is. I average 40-50 drops per city pod and everyone that does a wee bit of damage gets 1-3 drops per Captain. It's the only hunt that everyone gets a rewards not just the few top damagers. In fact, the larger the crowd, the faster each pod is done and you can move on to the next one.
  • HippoHippo Posts: 267
    Tabin said:

That would also work...

My suggestion doesnt alter the drops for group play.  Just fyi.  
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    edited October 2020
    used to be 1-3 dropped total.

so if 20 people attacked it, the dropped would be divided.

now 1 person can afk farm it with 20 accounts and get 20-60 drops per captain.  (yes this is where the majority of those items come from)

we basically exchanged afk farming the lesser mobs in the rest of the dungeon, for afk farming captains.  under both scenarios, the drops are worthless and not worth doing unless your a botter.

basically, theres no point in solo farming it anymore unless your running multiple clients.
    Smoot said:

now 1 person can afk farm it with 20 accounts and get 20-60 drops per captain.  (yes this is where the majority of those items come from)

we basically exchanged afk farming the lesser mobs in the rest of the dungeon, for afk farming captains.  under both scenarios, the drops are worthless and not worth doing unless your a botter.

basically, theres no point in solo farming it anymore unless your running multiple clients.

Ya it is a shame that a new or returning player can now go to blackthorns and learn how to fight with a group and get rewards and not have to buy them.
    Pawain said:
    Smoot said:

Ya it is a shame that a new or returning player can now go to blackthorns and learn how to fight with a group and get rewards and not have to buy them.
    OMG What a concept
    edited October 2020
    Smoot said:

Thanks Smoot.  Glad someone here sees the bigger picture/issue.
  • DaisyDaisy Posts: 10
    One of my fav things to do NOW! Give a shout out in chat (on Baja) "Heading to Blackthorns" great group shows up and much fun is had by all !!!
    Tabin said:
    Smoot said:

Thanks Smoot.  Glad someone here sees the bigger picture/issue.

Big picture the greedy vendors will make less. what a shame.

Regular players can get their own items.
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    I do like the drop system from the Captains as it is - it's a group outing that is challenging, and where everyone gets something useful or decorative (depending on what they want to claim). Less RNG makes things much more enjoyable for me.

@Kyronix :

The spawn in the rest of Blackthorn's dungeon was nice for a variety of reasons. If they were removed mainly due to script farming the drops, then please consider coding the non-captain spawn to simply not be eligible for giving drops. If this was not the main reason, I'd like to know what was. I particularly miss the gold elementals.
    I miss the Balrons in Fel Blackthorns.  Made Knight of Honor on quite a few characters there.
    ZekeTerra said:
    I miss the Balrons in Fel Blackthorns.  Made Knight of Honor on quite a few characters there.
    Easier to get to the ones at Chaos. And you can prepare for Hyloth if it becomes one of the treasures of  Dungeons.
    @Pawain it's the extra fame in Fel without having to deal with Paragon ones and any other spawn, but yeah I go there now.