Treasures Event - Bug With The Drops

Hey devs, when doing the treasures event, I keep finding cursed items in my pack. These are random normal colored cursed gear just like the event drops would be, except they are not the event artifacts. I did not put them in my pack, nor did I loot them. They do not come up as artifacts to turn in either. I think some of the artifact drops are bugged and giving cursed items instead? I cannot duplicate this. I have found at least 5 or 6 of these since the event began. It is not very often. I have no other explanation for what is happening.

Comments

• FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    Did you die while carrying any paragon chests? I know that cursed items seem to drop out of locked paragon chests when you die. Happened to me yesterday, actually.
  • Faeryl said:
    Did you die while carrying any paragon chests? I know that cursed items seem to drop out of locked paragon chests when you die. Happened to me yesterday, actually.
    Hmm.... I do loot the chests when I find them. And yes, I have died many times with them in my inventory. This is the first time I have heard of this happening.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    Yup.  The chests drop all cursed items out onto your body when you die.
    Cursed items stay on your body and when you get your body they are in your backpack.

Oddly I have opened a few chests that have no gold inside and I do not grab any gold in deceit so I don't have any piles on me.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    I can verify that the things in Deceit will steal from para chests.  I had 2 on me yesterday.  I left them on me today. I died a bunch of times.  One was empty and the other just had a few gems and 1 armor piece.  Both chests were locked and traps intact.So mobs will steal gold, gems, armor, etc from these chests. Also I noticed the cursed items were in my back pack on my first death with the chests.

I'm not saying this is a bug.  Just an FYI to players.
  • I unlocked one of the chests the other day and there was no gold in it. I thought it was rather odd. It is a bug, imo. Nothing should drop out of or be looted from a locked chest.
    Why?  It is a container.  If that were the case we could lock power scrolls in a chest.