Orange petal effect survives death

MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
Upon death (and resurrection) you lose the buff icon for orange petals however the cure effect still remains 

expected result: curing effect to end upon death. 

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Mervyn said:
    Upon death (and resurrection) you lose the buff icon for orange petals however the cure effect still remains 

expected result: curing effect to end upon death. 

This is a nice bug, if vampire embrace can also be the same that would be nice  :D
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Actually it can be a little irritating, because you can’t consume a new petal as it says you’re already under the effect, but with no buff anymore - you don’t know when it ends. This bug can get you killed.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited October 2020
    But you said the "cure effects still remain"? It would be nice if we don't know when the cure effects stop  :D
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    I'm not seeing this. I die a lot and eat a lot of petals.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited October 2020
    you're not seeing what? that sentence is meaningless.

The buff stays for you?

or you're able to eat a petal straight after death/resurrection?
    I swear to god sometimes you just post for a +1 post count.

Did you just test it on your char or you just didn't notice?

you know like when you said that necromancy pets cast conduit and like when you were said that transmogrification potions don't transmog durability...

edited October 2020
    I use them and I die a lot. I have never seen a message saying I cant eat them after death. The buff also runs out after a while. The stuff in Deceit poisons me with or without petals.
  • I can confirm the petal bug. easy to reproduce too: eat an orange petal, die, resurrect, try to eat another one and you get the message you're already under the effect but no petal icon shows on your buff bar.
    Mine probably times out before I notice.  I'm not a fast reviver.
    Just died three time under effects of petals. The buff went away and I ate more as soon as I ressed. Tram Deceit.

Sounds like a fel thing.

I am still reproducing this in trammel and malas. Can you video your unique experience of not having this issue please Pawain?

edited October 2020
    Ok. I thought you meant the effects lasted for a long time.  Yes petals last the amount of time on the timer and the Buff picture goes away if you die before they expire. BFD  I have seen the expire msg as a ghost also.  Many timers and buffs last thru death. 

This is not a issue that should have any time wasted on.  

If this is stopping you from PKing. Or killing someones mount.  You need to get better.
  • MiskMisk Posts: 61Dev
    I have submitted a problem report into the system regarding this issue.