When is Sampire targeting going to be fixed?

JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 883
edited October 2020 in General Discussions
I have read that many people have tried to ask to get this targeting problem fixed, I understand Mesanna cannot replicate the issue which I find VERY hard to believe

Go to a champ, any you wish, you just need to actually log in Mesanna, start hitting spawn with nearest target hotkey and you will see how unreliable the system is. One minute it will target a close target then any random target it likes, NOT the nearest

Comments

• any Samp template will replicate this bug

war mode
    whirlwind with double axe
    target nearest, rinse and repeat and just watch the health bars of the mobs you are fighting, the highlighted target can be any of them close or far, its nonsense 
  • My Samps targeting seems to work great. I set it up in 2 parts. Macro a = select nearest hostile. Marco z = attack selected  and Macro Alt a = whirlwind or cntrl a for other special. This combo is very fluent and effective for me. Hope this helps!  
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    My Samps targeting seems to work great. I set it up in 2 parts. Macro a = select nearest hostile. Marco z = attack selected  and Macro Alt a = whirlwind or cntrl a for other special. This combo is very fluent and effective for me. Hope this helps!  
    I'm sure he means on EC, and I agree. The nearest target is not working propperly
  • yes EC client, target nearest is a lottery as it seems to pick whatever target it wants
  • Oh Ec! Right! I forgot that even existed. I tried to get use to it over te past winter, but went back to cc like a old stubborn man! 
    I did notice in cc that it seems to target the most difficult monsters first. Is that the case in ec? Or just no rhyme or reason? 
  • Estel_RandirEstel_Randir Posts: 189
    edited October 2020
    I gave up trying to use the targeting system a few years ago due to this. What I do not understand is how several melees I see in these events can run into a room (often down a hallway) I am in with mobs all over and already have the mobs I am killing at the moment targeted and attack them without slowing down from running. Without any real evidence other than this, I swear people are running scripts that pre-target mobs.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited October 2020
    I use CC, and die more due to targeting than anything else. I tell it to target nearest hostile. Im in a crowd, I see a bar pop up for a lich. I attack the bar.  I start getting hit by multiple things and I'm  not swinging. The lich it chose was not one that was next to me but one that was 8 squares away...
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Pawain said:
    I use CC, and die more due to targeting than anything else. I tell it to target nearest hostile. Im in a crowd, I see a bar pop up for a lich. I attack the bar.  I start getting hit by multiple things and I'm  not swinging. The lich it chose was not one that was next to me but one that was 8 squares away...
    Yep. Same with EC. Sooooo frustrating. Then add fail to get back into vamp form even though I am GM and can’t res paroxy as it’s lack cohesion. Adds to a great experience.  Lol 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited October 2020
    Its weird, I have 2 sampires for the past 5 years and I use only EC. But I have not encountered such targeting issues. I just got 2 Epaulettes using my sampire in EC.

Sometimes I find whirlwind is slow to activate, maybe its due to targeting a monster further away. I will observe closer and see.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Yep. Same with EC. Sooooo frustrating 

You likely already know, but in the input page on the EC options gump you can set a hotkey for "target nearest hostile" which is generally more reliable than making a macro yourself. Also worth checking you dont have "target next" mapped by accident. (... I did, lol)

There are a good many things in both clients that are aggravating as piss. Moongates come to mind immediately, I understand spirit cohesion but what about the collision detection? How about dying to not not being able to open or close a door in time? Lol

*shows IRL friend game*
    "oh you're still playing this?"
    "Actually it looks pretty cool, is that a giant dog?"
    *dances around moongate, but cannot go through*

doors and sitting things down are things you learn to love to hate. I'll never love moongate dancing.

• MerusMerus Posts: 656
    I have addressed this at several meet and greets.  Following the last one @Mesanna requested another email so I could set up a time to meet with the devs to help them reproduce it... I sent the email and even included a video of me playing reproducing the bug... that was in September... so far no response at all.
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    I gave up trying to use the targeting system a few years ago due to this. What I do not understand is how several melees I see in these events can run into a room (often down a hallway) I am in with mobs all over and already have the mobs I am killing at the moment targeted and attack them without slowing down from running. Without any real evidence other than this, I swear people are running scripts that pre-target mobs.
    No scripting needed. On EC you put the cursor wheel to target next/target last. enter any place in war mode, scroll the wheel, and all will agro on you. It's a feature in EC   <span>:wink:</span>
  • Can absolutely confirm that tab targeting is not working as intended. In fact, my son and I wound up in an argument about that. Additionally, tab targeting is also grabbing guild mate's summons and pets, which is making bringing an archer along to guild events nearly nonviable.
  • Can absolutely confirm that tab targeting is not working as intended. In fact, my son and I wound up in an argument about that. Additionally, tab targeting is also grabbing guild mate's summons and pets, which is making bringing an archer along to guild events nearly nonviable.
    We had issues with this in guild, but with pets that had explosive goo. Friendly pets attacking each other and owners.  There is a setting in cc options so that you wont attack friendly pets/summons. 

Also, if i am soloing a champ and find myself in a mob and ww delays. Life bar starts to dissipate quickly.  My targeting has chosen a target out of range. One thing in Tram, quite another in Fel. I keep my curser near centre screen and sometimes have to manually attack a closer monster. Setting off ww and keeping my butt alive for a while longer. Samp life is like a yo yo as you know..
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    When will it be fixed?  I'm going with, next to never.    who knows, maybe I'll be surprised.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • I posted about this as a bug like 1.5-2 years ago.  It also flags friendlies as well and once you aoe a friendly once it will always flag them, be it summons or pets or guildies.  All of these issues came about after they added in the options to block war on pets and all that.