Putting descriptive text on Teleporter Tile

IviannaIvianna Posts: 28
edited October 2020 in Homes & Castles
Hi,

I was placing a teleporter tile in our little guild library and putting the usual descriptive book on it when I thought, You know, wouldn't it be nice if we could add descriptive text to the tile like we can with manneqins?

I'm new to the forums so I'm not sure this is the right place to put this, but hopefully it is.

Tagged:

Comments

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Outstanding idea.  I just mark a rune and place it above the teleport tile
  • IviannaIvianna Posts: 28
    The rune is a good idea too.  
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    There's nothing stopping the devs automatically labelling the teleporters with the name of the house destination. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

edited October 2020
    That's true, Mervyn, and I agree, that is a good idea also, especially if the coding would be easier.  While I think having the ability to do one's own descriptions would be great sometimes it is better to not let perfection be the enemy of good enough/better. 

On the other hand, people sometimes have odd, not very apropos names for their houses though.  For example, the tile leading to Sir Galahad's house, which is the HQ of his roleplaying guild, might be "Fluffy's Leet Loot Barn" or the like.  Have seen such things before. :)
  • Maximus_NeximusMaximus_Neximus Posts: 380
    edited October 2020
    I've always used the customizable signs from the 2011 holiday tickets. Just locked it down right above the teleporter.

Since those were only introduced once 9 years ago, it'd be a nice crafting addition.
    Yes, those look quite nice.  I agree, it would be great to be able to craft them now, since they are pretty old.