Can't Life Leech from Paragon's in new Deceit event...

I am down there with my samp and I can leech from the normal Lich or Lich Lord but if it is paragon I can not life leech from them... not sure if it is intended or not... the message spams the bottom of the screen saying " You fail to leech life from your target!"

Comments

• VioletViolet Posts: 368
    This is how it was reported in all treasures testing of paragons.  Think it's safe to  assume it's working as intended.  Sampires have to play carefully instead of trying to mow everything down.
  • Got ya, I haven't been able to participate in any of the "testing" being on Great Lakes.  Thanks for your reply.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    WoD does not work on paragons there. Also the paragon mobs reveal you, so players cant sit unattended for long.  
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Yes, love the new dynamic...can't stay unattended...hopefully! Can't solo much. I wasn't around for the testing of this but it's HARD and I love it. First drop I got? Bone Helmet.....Love the color, love the name...I might not turn any in because the drop rate seems low and I want to collect! :/

Larisa said:
    Yes, love the new dynamic...can't stay unattended...hopefully! Can't solo much. I wasn't around for the testing of this but it's HARD and I love it. First drop I got? Bone Helmet.....Love the color, love the name...I might not turn any in because the drop rate seems low and I want to collect! :/
    My dog and I start on second floor and kill everything until the bottom. Use Energy fields when you get something nasty, you can put them in a cage anywhere in Deceit and let the pet do what it loves to do.  Noobs from Atlantic use para field which do nothing.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Wish I could find a spot in Deceit where the ATL newbs weren't all camped out. I have to hope that they get bored in a few days so there is more spawn and I can actually start getting more than 1 drop every 30min. 
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    Pawain said:
    WoD does not work on paragons there. Also the paragon mobs reveal you, so players cant sit unattended for long.  

Yep Stealth Tamer and Mystic are my two main templates and are not real effective, so not sure why so many are complaining about the "Stealth Tamers Camping"   A paragon anything within about 8 -10 tiles reveals you. 
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited October 2020
    A simpler solution to making this event challenging to sampires, would simply have been for some of the spawn to have mysticism skill, then they would occasionally purge sampires out of vampiric embrace.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited October 2020
    Mervyn said:
    A simpler solution to making this event challenging to sampires, would simply have been for some of the spawn to have mysticism skill, then they would occasionally purge sampires out of vampiric embrace.
    This is better than unable to leech or tainted life. Can still use other forms life leech plus bushido mastery and confidence. Survivability is better than current method.

I think tainted life is the worst. It means we need to voluntarily turn off vampiric embrace. So unable to leech is still a blessing, so we can still use vamp leech against other mobs. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited October 2020
    Seth said:
    Mervyn said:
    This is better than unable to leech or tainted life. Can still use other forms life leech plus bushido mastery and confidence. Survivability is better than current method 
    Considering the high number of dexers that I keep seeing in Deceit as compared to other Templates, it does not really look like, at least to my impression, that being unable to leech life/tainted life has discouraged much at all dexers....

It is by far the Template still favoured by players to kill in Deceit and, from the posts I read or what I hear in General Chat, it looks like that a dexer can also get tons of drops, far more, faster and contrary to what other types of Templates like Tamers or Mages might get in that same hour, for example....
    popps said:
    Seth said:
    Mervyn said:
    This is better than unable to leech or tainted life. Can still use other forms life leech plus bushido mastery and confidence. Survivability is better than current method 
    Considering the high number of dexers that I keep seeing in Deceit as compared to other Templates, it does not really look like, at least to my impression, that being unable to leech life/tainted life has discouraged much at all dexers....

It is by far the Template still favoured by players to kill in Deceit and, from the posts I read or what I hear in General Chat, it looks like that a dexer can also get tons of drops, far more, faster and contrary to what other types of Templates like Tamers or Mages might get in that same hour, for example....
    ...oh, I suggest dont even try tainted life, its not just unable to leech, but it Hurts the warrior that has vamp embrace on.

There will be massive rebellion, thread locks, trolls etc...
    I have to stone off my necromancy to fight Osiredon which has tainted life. This means sampires are totally out of the event.

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Seth said:
    I have to stone off my necromancy to fight Osiredon which has tainted life. This means sampires are totally out of the event.

@Seth ,

well then, if all those dexers running around Deceit on Swamp Dragons or Paroxysmous Swamp Dragons on multiple Shards are not Sampires, what dexers Templates are they then ?
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    Dragoons!
    edited October 2020
    popps said:
    Seth said:

@ Seth ,

well then, if all those dexers running around Deceit on Swamp Dragons or Paroxysmous Swamp Dragons on multiple Shards are not Sampires, what dexers Templates are they then ?
    Pay attention, the stuff in Deceit does not remove Buffs. When you see them say Rel Xen An Sanct
    after they res, they are sampires.  
                            Vampiric embrace
    • Caster receives 20% life drain on every hit.
    • Caster receives immunity to poison levels 1-4.
    • Caster receives “Mana Regeneration 2” (?).
    • Caster receives “Stamina Regeneration 10” (?).
    • Caster receives +25% damage from “Undead Slayers”.
    • Caster receives -25 fire resist.
    • Caster is damage when casting a spell consuming garlic (17-23 damage) and cannot drink garlic based (cure) potions.
    • Duration is permanent until death or a transformation spell is cast.
    Otherwise any melee warrior works that has healing.  Call them whatever.
    Paladins, Dragoons  

Sampire is basically a Dragoon that uses 100 necro for that 1 spell instead of 100 healing.
    They could also use wrath form but they lose their mount.

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited October 2020
    Pawain said:

• Caster receives +25% damage from “Undead Slayers”.

(There is an open bug report for this (probably 2 years old), caster currently does not receive +25% damage from undead slayer spells, only melee damage. )
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002