Wall Safes - How do I use them?

So I got myself a cute little house plot and put in a wall safe thinking great, I have a bank at my house, but all I see is the option to deposit and withdraw. I looked up the info on uoguide.com but it isn't immediately clear how to deposit into them. I click deposit and a window pops up asking how much, but no matter what I type the message "The amount entered is invalid. Verify that there are sufficient fund to complete this transaction." appears. I tried dragging gold on it, and it vanished into the aether. Can any of ya'll help me out? Thanks!

Comments

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,683
    go to bank
    click on the minter
    choose open bankbox
    choose secure account
    add gold
    then go to wall safe and deposit the amount you entered...

make sure the settings are correct to who you want to grant access to
    if you grant access to anyone, any char who enters your home can withdraw gold from it.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Wall safes are another hopeless thing introduced and asked to be fixed YEARS ago.  They need to make it so you have the option of 'deposit only' to make them in any way useful.  That way auction houses can have people come and pay for things and you can run events that need many people to deposit without making it so they can 'withdraw' as well. 

Yet another item not really fit for doing anything with. To allow people to deposit or withdraw they need to be friended etc to your house so basically unless you have ONE friend then any friend can access.   Stupid idea.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,165
    Thanks for the answer @Cinderella instead of getting off topic and trolling!
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    edited October 2020
    keven2002 said:
    Thanks for the answer @ Cinderella instead of getting off topic and trolling!
    Look who is trolling.

OP needs to know that if he puts money in it and the security is set to 'friends' anyone friended to the house can remove the funds.

LMAO you gonna follow my posts and troll them every time you see em eh Kevvy?

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,978Moderator
    The wall safe is not used in the way you think. Reading this page may make it clearer: https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/player/money/

• SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    take wall safe out of bankbox

drop on ground (or throw in trash)

this is the accepted method to use a wall safe
  • Appreciate the responses guys! I think this could be great for funding a child that's on an endless journey account; an allowance per sey!
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,074
    Appreciate the responses guys! I think this could be great for funding a child that's on an endless journey account; an allowance per sey!
    Ive never used the safe, but I thought EJ cant use containers.  Its not technically a container?

Good Idea tho.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • qweryqwery Posts: 23
    I used to take advantage of wall safe for a friend of mine on Endless Journey at one point.
    This is because if you set up wall safe permissions, even EJ players can withdraw money.
    So I would take the items I wanted to sell from my friend, sell them in my vendor and deposit the proceeds into wall safe.
    This can be a help for EJ players who can't even take advantage of rental vendors.
    Well, you have to have a certain level of trust since you are entrusting them with your items.
  • I run a shop where I sell items for some guildmates for various reasons. I find the wall safes to be incredibly valuable. I have a designated safe for each guildmate that uses this service. My only real issue is that you have to have gold in that silly "secure" account before you can put it in the safe. What is the point? The gold is no more "secure" in there than it is in the main account. All it does for me is require me to run to the bank before I can pay out my suppliers. 'Tis a silly system but it is nice that I don't have to hunt down my suppliers in game and I can just send a message saying, "Hey, I put some gold in your safe!"