Shard bound treasures and event items

RockStaRRockStaR Posts: 168
edited October 2020 in General Discussions
@Kyronix you can't pick and choose what is shard bound and what is not. All or nothing. How can you make these items shardbound but not event items shardbound? If you're going to make treasures shard bound you need to make em events shard bound too. That will be too much backlash though due to the people who do every event on every shard even if they don't play that shard and they just transfer those items off to another shard anyway. Might as well just stop character transfering all together and delete shard shields.
  1. All or nothing7 votes
    1. Yes
      100.00%
    2. Yes
        0.00%

Comments

• Worst decision they could have done was make the items shard bound. I can understand deco being shard bound but not gear that can be used for suits. Not even worth building a suit with it. Hell it's not even worth participating in this event
  • SinaSina Posts: 32
    @Kyronix ; , I transfer a lot of toons to different shards all the time, how can I possible built a suit and use the proper arties if the pieces will be shard bounded?
  • RockStaRRockStaR Posts: 168
    Kickstand said:
    Worst decision they could have done was make the items shard bound. I can understand deco being shard bound but not gear that can be used for suits. Not even worth building a suit with it. Hell it's not even worth participating in this event
    They might as well delete shard transfers and shields all together. If you're gonna make one thing shard bound you need to make everything shard bound. Buttttt everyone doing em events on every shard that they don't play on and just xfering them to another shard takes the em event item drops away from the people who play that shard will cause too much backlash. Can't pick and choose and then leave the main things out. Make cameos shard bound. Make hair dyes shard bound. Make doom artifacts shard bound. Make everything shard bound. Delete transfers. Or get rid of shardbound altogether.
    @Kyronix @Mesanna you can't justify this
    Sina said:
    @ Kyronix  , I transfer a lot of toons to different shards all the time, how can I possible built a suit and use the proper arties if the pieces will be shard bounded?
    I don't know man. Might as well make everything shardbound or get rid of it altogether.
  • Sina said:
    @ Kyronix  , I transfer a lot of toons to different shards all the time, how can I possible built a suit and use the proper arties if the pieces will be shard bounded?
    Exactly lol I wont even be participating in it not even worth rebuilding my entire suit around this 1 item if I cant take it to another server if PvP starts getting popular on a lower populated server like it has been recently
  • RockStaR said:
    They might as well delete shard transfers and shields all together. If you're gonna make one thing shard bound you need to make everything shard bound. Buttttt everyone doing em events on every shard that they don't play on and just xfering them to another shard takes the em event item drops away from the people who play that shard will cause too much backlash. Can't pick and choose and then leave the main things out. Make cameos shard bound. Make hair dyes shard bound. Make doom artifacts shard bound. Make everything shard bound. Delete transfers. Or get rid of shardbound altogether.
    Exactly. No need for transfers. With the way they are going with this shard bound stuff I guarantee this new legacy server will have so much stuff shard bound that you cant get on regular servers. So essentially that server will be pointless to play on if you are a veteran player that's already established on production shards.
    Kickstand said:
    RockStaR said:
    Exactly. No need for transfers. With the way they are going with this shard bound stuff I guarantee this new legacy server will have so much stuff shard bound that you cant get on regular servers. So essentially that server will be pointless to play on if you are a veteran player that's already established on production shards.
    Make em events shard bound. See how many people will say no. Come on @Kyronix
  • RockStaR said:
    Make em events shard bound. See how many people will say no. Come on @ Kyronix
    The sad part is they deceive the people who dont read the forums or the ones who ask if the items are shard bound. If you look at the rewards gump when you go to choose the eppaulette it does not say shard bound...but it does when you claim it
  • So after noticing that the rewards gump shows it's not shard bound but the reward is when claimed maybe it's just a bug?
    Kickstand said:
    RockStaR said:
    Make em events shard bound. See how many people will say no. Come on @ Kyronix
    The sad part is they deceive the people who dont read the forums or the ones who ask if the items are shard bound. If you look at the rewards gump when you go to choose the eppaulette it does not say shard bound...but it does when you claim it
    Exactly. Was kinda excited looking at the turn in gump last night. Now it's just a kick in the face.
    Kickstand said:
    So after noticing that the rewards gump shows it's not shard bound but the reward is when claimed maybe it's just a bug?
    @Mervyn we need your expertise.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited October 2020
    If the items are shard bound, it is a bug that they are not advertised as shard bound.

That is the end of that, if you don't like that they're shard bound and want to build a suit for multiple shards - don't farm them.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Mervyn said:
    If the items are shard bound, it is a bug that they are not advertised as shard bound.

That is the end of that, if you don't like that they're shard bound and want to build a suit for multiple shards - don't farm them.
    @Mervyn So it is a big that's they are shard bound
  • Shard bound when claimed
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    • Dynamic Treasures events function just like our previous treasures events – defeat creatures to collect minor artifacts that can be turned in for rewards!
    • Dynamic Treasures creatures have a chance to spawn as Paragon.
    • Dynamic Treasures creatures will be identified with a unique item property.
    • Dynamic Treasures minor artifact drops are subject to diminishing returns when fighting the same creature.
    • Dynamic Treasures minor artifacts and trade in rewards are Shard Bound.

no i'm not saying it's a bug they are shard bound, i'm just saying it's a bug they are not advertised as shard bound on the npc artifact trader outside deceit.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Mariah said:
    • Dynamic Treasures events function just like our previous treasures events – defeat creatures to collect minor artifacts that can be turned in for rewards!
    • Dynamic Treasures creatures have a chance to spawn as Paragon.
    • Dynamic Treasures creatures will be identified with a unique item property.
    • Dynamic Treasures minor artifact drops are subject to diminishing returns when fighting the same creature.
    • Dynamic Treasures minor artifacts and trade in rewards are Shard Bound.

They need to make everything shard bound or nothing at all. Or just delete transfers altogether.
  • Mervyn said:
    no i'm not saying it's a bug they are shard bound, i'm just saying it's a bug they are not advertised as shard bound on the npc artifact trader outside deceit.
    So in that case all the other returning items that exist in the game already should be turned into shard bound as well...
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    The original versions of these items are not shard bound, so they retain some of their value compared to these more recent versions. I see this as a pretty good compromise for people who spent tons of gold on acquiring these items previous to this event and can still transfer and sell those original items where ever they wish. 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    It's very frustrating that I can't get a consistent spawn to get the drops for turn ins on ATL. I'm watching a string of wraiths multibox around Deceit spamming on everything in sight by the time I can hit 1 or 2. There is zero chance I will even try for a 50% SDI spellbook at 250 turn in points at this rate. 

@Kyronix - Can you please explain the logic on how making the items shard bound would improve a shard's health (on lower pop shards) versus completely killing them and the people that would transfer there would stop going (further hurting the population) and everyone staying on the bigger shards? I would agree if this event is going to be shard bound for actual items that are useful then nerf EM events and make them all shard bound too. At least that actually applies a logic that would prevent off-shard people from crashing EM events and taking it away from those home-shard people... whereas this treasure of event is unlimited drops to your hearts desire.
  • keven2002 said:
    It's very frustrating that I can't get a consistent spawn to get the drops for turn ins on ATL. I'm watching a string of wraiths multibox around Deceit spamming on everything in sight by the time I can hit 1 or 2. There is zero chance I will even try for a 50% SDI spellbook at 250 turn in points at this rate. 

@ Kyronix - Can you please explain the logic on how making the items shard bound would improve a shard's health (on lower pop shards) versus completely killing them and the people that would transfer there would stop going (further hurting the population) and everyone staying on the bigger shards? I would agree if this event is going to be shard bound for actual items that are useful then nerf EM events and make them all shard bound too. At least that actually applies a logic that would prevent off-shard people from crashing EM events and taking it away from those home-shard people... whereas this treasure of event is unlimited drops to your hearts desire.
    Games going down hill fast lol...people want to complain all day about powerscrolls and other items should be shard bound as well but the minute someone counters that debate with why they shouldn't be no one wants to hear it. At the rate this game is going it seems as if they want to merge all shards into anywhere from 1 to 4 production shards...it seems to me with all this new stuff becoming shard bound that they implement to the game they want to eliminate the populations on any server that is not Atlantic or Europa to save them from trying to find EMs on all the other servers 
  • ZedZed Posts: 33
        Petition to remove "shard bound" of new artifacts ! 

This city needs a new hero !

Vendors with excellent armor and weapons are always waiting for you on Atlantic )

• Im with everyone else, shard bound is stupid and unnecessary. 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    FYI this is Origin (nobody) right now vs Atlantic (12 characters) just outside alone. It's even more of a difference inside. 

• RoxoRoxo Posts: 32
    edited October 2020
    What if the devs did something like make only the items that are being re-released (ranger cloak) shard bound, and stuff being released for the first time (new epaulettes) shard unlimited? This way the original stuff holds value, new players that missed that event can still get them when re-released, and character transfer is still viable. However, if the new stuff this time gets reused in the future as a reward it would be shard bound in that event, but versions from original event are still shard unlimited. This also means EJ accounts could not get drops if the rewards are unlimited. 
  • keven2002 said:
    FYI this is Origin (nobody) right now vs Atlantic (12 characters) just outside alone. It's even more of a difference inside. 

No ones going to want to farm it on less populated servers aside from maybe the few items they will use for their characters other than that itll be nothing but Atlantic...I'm not even going to waste my time farming it on my home shard and I ping way too high to play Atlantic to even do it there
    edited October 2020
    So what if nobody farms them on dead shards?

If you personally know that the artifact rewards are shard bound prior to farming them, there is no issue.
    If you cannot farm 250 artifacts in one month, you choose a reward that you can afford. Or perhaps team up with other players and come to an arrangement.

Gold is often used to trade goods and services.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    So yall want to come to our shard and take the drops from us? 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Also, the fact that so many people are farming them on Atlantic, says to me that they don't care that the items are shard bound...

I certainly don't

This discussion has been closed.