Treasures of the Undead Lords Rewards are on The NPC Check them out!

Comments

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    Cookie said:
    Is everyone sure it's not working in Felucca? During the testing phase all the critters had to be cleared out of the dungeon before the "Treasures of" creatures would begin to spawn. Some of the dungeons in Felucca didn't start until nearly the end of the testing phase because of that.

Thanks for this post - we are testing it now, we don't have it up yet.

Good luck! I hope it works for ya.

Ok - we took an army in, and failed to get it working in Felucca.

We have since had it confirmed to us, this event is not operational in Felucca. :)

edited October 2020

My remaining question is - can Endless Journey accounts do this event?

I completely understand if they cannot, but if they can, it would be really cool for my boys, it's a perfect event for them to see the game, a very structurally defined hunt and reward system, it would teach them a lot about dungeon hunting and how to play. :)

If it is not open to EJ accounts, I may even Sub them both up.

• Cookie said:

Ok - we took an army in, and failed to get it working in Felucca.

We have since had it confirmed to us, this event is not operational in Felucca. :)
    Ah, that sucks. Sorry to hear that.
    -Arroth
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    @Kyronix the fel side doesn't seem to be working.

we had this issue for the "Undead Kin" event as well.  Atlantic & Lake Superior shards, I havent checked others.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Seth said:
    Inaccessible monsters, this looks like a killing ground for players... ganked by monsters.

We had this on LS for testing and the Fel spawn uses the room where they are in planters.
    You can kill then with spells like thunderstorm then kill individually with spells. Theres 500 more mobs to kill if you dont want to put in effort.

Tell me how you like the Para Poison eles, Rams and Swords.  Either fight the hard stuff or run past it.  My dog will clean up the mess.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    @Kyronix - Can you confirm if Fel should be working? When we did the test on LS/Europa etc for this event I believe I remember the Fel side also getting the event.

This is a must to help spread out the volume of people on ATL. Tram Deceit is stupid packed with multiple people camping in almost every room which has just increased as the day went on. This is especially important since I can't go to another shard to get away from all the multiboxing farmers because all the items are shard bound.
  • Cookie said:
    Yes.

I was just messing around in Deceit and got a turn-in reward with my EJ character.
    -Arroth
  • Cookie said:
    Yes.

I was just messing around in Deceit and got a turn-in reward with my EJ character.
    LOL dev team really dropped the ball on this event...enabling multiboxers who use ejs with little risk and high reward...well done
    Cookie said:
    Yes.

@Kyronix - Is this true? That's very unfair for those paying customers like myself on Atlantic. No wonder it's insanely mobbed on Atlantic with rampant multiboxing going on
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    keven2002 said:
    Cookie said:
    Yes.

@ Kyronix - Is this true? That's very unfair for those paying customers like myself on Atlantic. No wonder it's insanely mobbed on Atlantic with rampant multiboxing going on

I ran one of the accts I have not resubbed yet there this morning and got two.

edited October 2020
    keven2002 said:
    Cookie said:
    Yes.

@ Kyronix - Is this true? That's very unfair for those paying customers like myself on Atlantic. No wonder it's insanely mobbed on Atlantic with rampant multiboxing going on

I can also confirm, I didn't wait for the answer here, my boys were desperate to go in and see it, so I took them, we partied up, and one of them got drops. Then I died, and he still got drops lol.

From my perspective, it is completely legitimate, my boys are learning to play on EJ accounts as we build them up, and I needed to see if they enjoy the game or have time to play it. The plan is to Sub them when I feel they are ready. (They are quite young).

I received 30 drops today, 8 of them with my boys, and we had the best fun ever. It was the perfect scenario to introduce them into UO, it was busy, packed, madness, chaos, lots of shouting and teamwork, lots of different monsters to get our teeth into and things to learn, Many friendly faces of my guild were around also. They are definitely talking about subbing permanently, it's content like this that can attract players.

Other positives we have had as we build them up, Tyballs Shadow and getting their Shroud of the Condemned was a stand-out memory, as was the other day, Renowned Acid Elemental getting a Berserkers Breastplate for the first time, I've never even got one myself. I find training in UO can get to be monotonous, we are all used to the style, but for a new player, you have to link the training and the play, into building the character and the suit to make it fun. So this Event is perfect, I'm pointing at the Epaulettes which are amazing, and saying, that's what we are going for, and they are getting to experience that feel of working towards an achievement and reward In a structured way.

• jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    keven2002 said:
    @ Kyronix - Can you confirm if Fel should be working? 
    You are looking for communication from your Dev team? Good luck!
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    Currently the event is live in Trammel Deceit only.  Based on soft launch metrics the participation in Felucca was very low.  We will monitor over the next few days and adjust accordingly.  Happy Hunting!
    edited October 2020
    Kyronix said:
    Currently the event is live in Trammel Deceit only.  Based on soft launch metrics the participation in Felucca was very low.  We will monitor over the next few days and adjust accordingly.  Happy Hunting!

That is because it was not worth our time or effort. :)

Felucca is where the elite skilled veteran players who have everything play, you've got our attention now. :)

I will actually add - on Europa, it is actually going ok, I've done a day of it, and it is not out of balance, it is possible Trammel alone can cope. But from a PvP perspective, or players who want that fun aspect added, they are going to miss out.

• CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    Kyronix said:
      Fel participation is going to remain low in if it's not turned on.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited October 2020
    Pawain said:
    Seth said:
    Inaccessible monsters, this looks like a killing ground for players... ganked by monsters.

We had this on LS for testing and the Fel spawn uses the room where they are in planters.
    You can kill then with spells like thunderstorm then kill individually with spells. Theres 500 more mobs to kill if you dont want to put in effort.

Tell me how you like the Para Poison eles, Rams and Swords.  Either fight the hard stuff or run past it.  My dog will clean up the mess.

Yeah, I know we can relogin with mage or archer.

It is like going to champspawn with a warrior and unable to kill all those monsters stucked on the ledge.

The "500" mobs are not enough even for my low pop shard. We spend more time running around looking for significant mob to kill, then the killing itself. I think if there r monsters like the Generals in Invasion would be perfect. At least one kill can earn say 100 points rather than running around for an hour trying to gather 100 x 1-point monsters to kill. Numbers are just to illustrate what I mean.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited October 2020
    Trust me, there would be mad action if this was live in fel.

20+ people in disco ready to roll (DX atl) no doubt PRO & NEXT would have more.

You’d have to call cloudflare to keep the server up as they’d be roll’n deeeeep.

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• FortisFortis Posts: 408
    yeah pu this in fel asap it will bring easy fight event
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited October 2020
    Seth said:
    It is nice, Tram or Fel whatever less important. Most important thing now is we need a petition and vote to extend this event for at least 3 months. I don't think I have enough time to farm much within a month. Have to work and other commitments, we are no school kids.

Furthermore, the rewards are shard bound. If we need to get it on other shards that we also play occasionally, there is not enough time to get it there.
    Most important thing now is we need a petition and vote to extend this event for at least 3 months.
    Absolutely !

I'd say let it run for 6 months !!

There is way too many cool items to get especially, for all those New and Returning players who missed the Events awarding them in the past and, thus, who have none of them.

And it is not like making points is that quick.... so, in order to be able to get at least 1 of each item, some 1,500 points (moreless) need to be earned which it takes considerable time.

Furthermore, as we all know, they are all "Shard Bound" items thus, all players wanting or needing them on several Shards, will need to earn their points on multiple Shards and this will further make it a much longer work.

That is why I am suggesting to let it run for 6 months.

@Mesanna , @Kyronix , @Bleak , can we please get the Treasures of the Undead Lords content run for way longer then a mere 1 month ?

Thanks !
    edited October 2020
    Kyronix said:
    @Kyronix - Thanks for the response but I strongly disagree with this. The soft launch metrics were based on 3 rewards that were 100% "collector" items and honestly not worth the effort. That is a very poor sample size given the reward. It also wasn't on Atlantic. It was on lower pop shards that currently still have no issues in Tram (like origin). I don't understand why it's even an issue turning it on in Fel. If it's "low participation" why does it matter to the Dev team? That being said, Atlantic needs another outlet to get these drops. You cannot funnel everyone into Tram and have the spawn rate the same as it is. It's painful trying to get the drops. You already made the things shard bound which limits my options to strictly my home shard of Atlantic and it's further limited by the fact that it has to be in Tram.

I want to do this event. I am excited for the rewards (even if they are shard bound) as you guys did an awesome job this year with all the options. Please turn it on in Fel so there is at least an option to go and get rewards. Otherwise there is no chance I will be able to get every reward that I want and the whole idea of adding so many cool options would be a waste. Thanks.
    @Kyronix - Feel free to pop into Atl and see that it's barely 10am and the dungeon is packed. Fel side needs to be opened up for overflow.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    Thanks for the feedback.  On Atlantic we have opened Felucca Deceit for Treasures of the Undead Lords.  Continue to exchange and collect artifacts/rewards at the Trammel based NPC.  I expect there to be much bloodshed and such fighting. 
  • ValisValis Posts: 45
    Kyronix said:
    Thanks for the feedback.  On Atlantic we have opened Felucca Deceit for Treasures of the Undead Lords.  Continue to exchange and collect artifacts/rewards at the Trammel based NPC.  I expect there to be much bloodshed and such fighting. 

Other shards want Fel open as well.
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    yes open fel on catskill please...some people like to play red character it s not only a trammy game i wish since all effort going this side
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    Atlantic only???
    Kyronix said:
    Thanks so much!!

I look forward to the risk vs reward there as well :)
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    keven2002 said:
    Kyronix said:
    Thanks so much!!

I look forward to the risk vs reward there as well :)
    Dragging para Rams, Lich Lords and poison eles around it not much risk.  :D
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Origin is half broken again...I posted in the bug forum but not sure how often they look there?

Lvl 1,2 and 3 have normal, no-named spawn...lvl 4 half of it is inaccessible unless you can shadow jump or find the secret door that is supposed to be there but isn't? 

I killed a named silver serpent and got a drop but since then like....4 silver serpents have spawned down there and that's it? The upper floors are borked :(

I would love to do this in Fel...I do enjoy killing people...er...helping people ;)

• Larisa said:
    Origin is half broken again...I posted in the bug forum but not sure how often they look there?

Lvl 1,2 and 3 have normal, no-named spawn...lvl 4 half of it is inaccessible unless you can shadow jump or find the secret door that is supposed to be there but isn't? 

I killed a named silver serpent and got a drop but since then like....4 silver serpents have spawned down there and that's it? The upper floors are borked :(

I would love to do this in Fel...I do enjoy killing people...er...helping people ;)

@Kyronix
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo