Enhanced Client - Not Saving Any Settings, UI, hotbars

SlayerSlayer Posts: 3
My client doesn't save any settings. It's like a fresh install every time I open it. Hot bars are blank and back to default positions and no other settings save. This is even the case if I log out and log back in without closing the client. I've added anti virus exceptions, checked the permissions on the install folder in program files as well as the user data folder in documents and nothing seems to be restricted. 

I've tried fresh installs, custom and stock UIs, running the client as an administrator.. and nothing works. Always a fresh slate the next time I log in.

Anyone have any suggestions or similar experiences?

On Windows 10 Pro
UO Enhanced Build 4.0.87.11

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited October 2020
    Try completely uninstalling the antivirus program.
    Are you using the default UI or Pincos UI?
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• SlayerSlayer Posts: 3
    I've used default without any custom UIs and tried with Pincos UI installed and active and in both cases nothing saves. I've tried disabling the AV a it didn't help. 
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 3
    SOLVED -  There's feature in Bitdefender called "SAFE FILES" that runs whether the AV portion of BD is disabled or not. By default it stops applications from editing files in the users documents folder within windows 10. Once "SAFE FILES" is disabled the issue is gone. 
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited October 2020
    I did say to uninstall it, not disable it...
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002