Cannot repair Parrot

MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
edited October 2020 in Bugs
Tried Everything

receive the message
"you cannot repair that using this type of tool."

(did not try a bandage with veterinary)
I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• does a hawkwind when converted to parrot keep its self repair hidden ability ?
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited October 2020
    I have asked this question last week on another subforum however received incorrect information. I'll update you once tested for myself.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

yes the parrot does retain the hidden self repair property

*above comment was only applicable to hawkwind robe 

Other robes are currently non repairable

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    argh, how did we miss this during the test... another bug.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “Someone purchased my parrot that cannot be repaired, expect a complaint from someone in a few weeks”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited October 2022
    “*cough*”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited July 2023
    "not all that many people use replica robes,
    but many people use mantle of archlich and have transmogged onto parrot or would like to.

Let us consider some things,
    Transmog potion is store bought item so some QA should apply in this case no?

Also, while this robe is mostly used by fel players, some trammel players could use mantle of archlich so broadsword policy of refusing to fix/test any fel related bug need not apply in this case

please note, this bug affects all clients "
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Please stop posting misinformation at no time have the devs refused to fix any bug
    edited July 2023
    "vicious bite and nerve strike debuff (Samurai Empire was released 2004) were not fixed as only possible to obtain these debuffs in fel,
    select nearest hostile attacking red/grey guildmembers wasn't fixed as only occurs in fel.
    . I disagree with your implication that they instead don't have the ability to fix this, and i'm sure they would find a suggestion of such quite condescending and patronizing.

And you're going to PM me warning to stop mentioning something, then incite me to mention by making outrageous suggestions of misinformation knowing full well all the evidence is available, in order to provoke a ban, I'm not going to react. You read so many of Pawain post you replicate them.

Try looking at your own rules,
    7 No Trolling - Do not post comments which have the sole purpose of causing an argument. You may express your opinion on a topic however, abuse to anyone who doesn't have the same opinion as you will not be tolerated.

I would say that outright falsly accusing someone of posting misinformation falls into that"

edited July 2023
    "oh and even this very thread from 2020,
    regarding replica robes originally, where you get replica robes from?
    ah champ bosses fel.

But now that this affect item that came from trammel event (mantle of archlich), no doubt you'll miraculously be able to fix parrot soon...

it's all same game, tram/fel"
    edited July 2023
    “In fact, if you going to just give abuse to paying customers for reporting bug,
    can delete the whole report,
    no skin off my nose
    i already sold my bugged unrepairable parrot to an innocent tram victim, and the guild I’m in bot farmed so many of the mantle of archlich robes we were literally cutting them up for the cloth,
    not me who is spending 120+mill on robe plus transmog potion from store,
    is your tram friends”
    edited July 2023
    "legitimate question,
    how using CC, are you turning on/off your spell focusing sash if you're using mantle of the archlich?

because you can't transmog the robe onto a parrot as can't repair, so how you even turning it on/off?
    you have a macro to take off robe (and lose fc1 while off, and lose 10 resisting spells for 20 seconds under skills combat timer)?

you're saying not to 'advertise' 3rd party client, so please share solution for those who don't want to use
    I have advised someone of a sort of workaround but its got 2 problems
    "
  • The team has been informed and are working on a more visible solution for the Potion of Transmogrification.
    Ultima Online Twitter/X - https://twitter.com/UOTownCryer
    Ultima Online Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/uotowncryer/
    Ultima Online Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/uofenneko
    E-mail: uo.fenneko@gmail.com

• CovfefeCovfefe Posts: 239
    edited December 2023
    The team has been informed and are working on a more visible solution for the Potion of Transmogrification.
    You should subscribe to the newsletter.
    https://mailchi.mp/broadsword/uo-newsletter-17

Working as intended. 
  • WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 171
    Mariah said:
    Please stop posting misinformation at no time have the devs refused to fix any bug
    what do you mean? bugs bugs and more bugs - Ultima Online Forums (uo.com) those have been around for years, clearly they have refused to fix em.