The Black Gate Champ Spawn *Spoiler Thread*

Comments

• AragornAragorn Posts: 293

these are found on the corpse

a mysterious cube is a pack drop
    both you can get multiple times
    Clicked the crystal and it says unknown dungeon points, pretty much like the Crystal of Shame for Shame. 
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    "Final reward drops from the Black Gate Champ Spawn are limited to one per account.  Participation rewards are unlimited."

https://uo.com/2020/10/02/the-black-gate-champ-spawn/

@ Marge, the final reward drop is the talisman, limited to 1 per account. The "cube" seems to be the participation reward for fighting the spawn.

Sorry, I meant participation reward as in something everyone gets no matter what.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    edited October 2020
    @ Cinderella

If you don't mind sharing, what does the tooltip say for the little crystals?
    Any particular corpse those crystals are found on, or can they be found on any of the corpses at the spawn?

I've run two spawns now and haven't gotten a cube or any crystals. Poor me. Guess I have to run more spawns!
    I've never seen them before, but someone from Atlantic said they have been around for awhile.
    but I'm finding them on anything during the champ spawn

they are not shard bound
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    @ Cinderella

If you don't mind sharing, what does the tooltip say for the little crystals?
    Any particular corpse those crystals are found on, or can they be found on any of the corpses at the spawn?

I've run two spawns now and haven't gotten a cube or any crystals. Poor me. Guess I have to run more spawns!
    I got 2 cubes on the first spawn I did.  I did 7 more spawns and have yet to get another cube.  I have used different accounts and toons to try to get more.  They seem pretty rare.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    keven2002 said:
    CovenantX said:
    you can definitely get the talisman on multiple shards using the same account.
    Has anyone else confirmed?? Thinking of transferring my tamer to another shard since I already did it with my Samp (I got a tali with poison resist yuck).
    All I can tell you that same accounts across other shards was able to get the Drop, 

Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    The crystals are on the corpses of the vile mages (level 4).

Can anybody else confirm if the same account can get more than 1 talisman if they go to other shards?
    keven2002 said:

Can anybody else confirm if the same account can get more than 1 talisman if they go to other shards?
    If you would read the posts more than one player has shown or told you this.  You cant take the same toon to another shard.
  • HippoHippo Posts: 267
    Any particular monster that has blue cube on body?
    Hippo said:

Cube is a pack drop.  Seems rare for a participation price, I got two off the orc round on the first spawn.  Have not got one since.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    Pawain said:
    Hippo said:

Cube is a pack drop.  Seems rare for a participation price, I got two off the orc round on the first spawn.  Have not got one since.

Everyone seems to have got the Cube from the very 1st Orc round, off the very 1st spawn.

No-one has got one since to my knowledge.

It seems to be a server first reward, and therefore very rare and quite cool?

keven2002 said:

I can confirm if you use another character on another shard, you can get another talisman, I have 2 now on 2 different shards.

The fire coloured Crystals, I got 1 off a stone elemental, and 2 off a mage, I accidently ate them, like you do with Shame Crystals, they are identical in style and usage, except they are for "an unknow dungeon". Some people think they are turn-ins for a stage 3 new dungeon to be revealed, and 1 person is convinced he has seen part of the new dungeon entrance.

edited October 2020
     :D  I got 2 crystals and also ate them. Dangit.  You get no credit in the loyalty menu for them.. 

Unless they went to shame points. I have 737 maybe the 2 went there.... I thought I ate them in groups of 5.
    Cookie said:
    Pawain said:
    Hippo said:

Everyone seems to have got the Cube from the very 1st Orc round, off the very 1st spawn.

No-one has got one since to my knowledge.

It seems to be a server first reward, and therefore very rare and quite cool?

I think it’s just random, i don’t get the cube for my first run 
  • FYI: The Fire Elemental Renown can have Stygian Abyss artifacts on their corpses along with imbuing jewels. (Just looted a Sword of Shattered Hopes)  
    -Arroth
    Aragorn said:
    Cookie said:

But, have you got a cube?  Only a few got them on the first run. We had at least 10 players there on the very first one yesterday.
    edited October 2020
    Pawain said:
    Aragorn said:
    Cookie said:

But, have you got a cube?  Only a few got them on the first run. We had at least 10 players there on the very first one yesterday.
    no, i just got the talisman but no cube, i killed since wave 1 until the end 
    FYI: The Fire Elemental Renown can have Stygian Abyss artifacts on their corpses along with imbuing jewels. (Just looted a Sword of Shattered Hopes)  
    thanks for the info but those SA artifices spawn with fire elemental renown..... just forget it 
  • Aragorn said:
    FYI: The Fire Elemental Renown can have Stygian Abyss artifacts on their corpses along with imbuing jewels. (Just looted a Sword of Shattered Hopes)  
    thanks for the info but those SA artifices spawn with fire elemental renown..... just forget it 

I realize the artifacts are part of the Fire Elemental Renown loot table. My point was that the loot table was not altered for this champ spawn. Players that want those artifacts can therefore be on the lookout for them.
    -Arroth
    edited October 2020
    Aragorn said:

So you did not prove Cookie wrong. Maybe the cube is a 1 chance to get item and those that got it were lucky!  :)    I hope not, I wanted to build a structure out of them if they stack. People on Atlantic should know, larger sample size.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    edited October 2020
    Pawain said:
    Aragorn said:

So you did not prove Cookie wrong. Maybe the cube is a 1 chance to get item and those that got it were lucky!  :)    I hope not, I wanted to build a structure out of them if they stack. People on Atlantic should know, larger sample size.
    the first day a group of my guild and  another guild did the spawn. Several of us got the cubes on the first Champ Spawn. One member got 2 of them on one char, but he was also multi-clienting and ended up with 4 by the end. I got mine on the last wave, when the essence spawned on top of me. They didn't all drop from just the orcs.

I have done it on multiple accounts on Sonoma and haven't gotten another cube. And the guild members haven't gotten a single cube since.

And Atlantic, I have done the Champion Spawn 5 times. Nobody I know has gotten the cube to drop.
    But the spawn goes quickly on Atlantic
    I put in a bug report for the cubes.  Either they are rare or not working as intended.  I would hope they make participation rewards easier to get.  Many have participated and not received them.
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/7413/mysterious-cube-drop-rate#latest

Players on LS don't want to do the spawn now because they already got the Talisman and are frustrated about the non cube drops.
  • DinoDino Posts: 27
    I got one cube from the Orcs at the very first spawn and another from the Orcs of the second spawn on another account. I did two other spawns with getting no cube.
  • qweryqwery Posts: 23
    The fake red shame crystal is an item that can be obtained through the usual means.
    If you summon Energy Vortex against anon, anon will take control of the EV and turn it over to you.
    Defeating this special EV will give you the same red shame crystal.
    Eating it does not earn you any points. It's just a different color crystal.
    But unlike before, it could have a new use. Don't throw it away, but keep it in a safe place.
    qwery said:
    The fake red shame crystal is an item that can be obtained through the usual means.
    If you summon Energy Vortex against anon, anon will take control of the EV and turn it over to you.
    Defeating this special EV will give you the same red shame crystal.
    Eating it does not earn you any points. It's just a different color crystal.
    But unlike before, it could have a new use. Don't throw it away, but keep it in a safe place.
    this time you can eat it and earn "unknown" dungeon points
    edited October 2020
    Pawain said:
    Aragorn said:

well, i think it would be overthinking if it is random only at the 1st participation 
    The point is, is the participation reward supposed to be rare?  I play with others who have done 10 to 15 spawns. And they have no cubes. One guy ran 20 accounts thru and has 20 Talismans. He has no cubes.

How many spawns have you done? @Aragorn ; Im looking for info from players who have done more than 10 spawns.
    Pawain said:
    The point is, is the participation reward supposed to be rare?  I play with others who have done 10 to 15 spawns. And they have no cubes. One guy ran 20 accounts thru and has 20 Talismans. He has no cubes.

How many spawns have you done? @ Aragorn  Im looking for info from players who have done more than 10 spawns.
    You are asking a design question which can only be answered by the developer, not even from a player who have played 100 times because there is a thing either called bug, not conditions not met. 
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited October 2020
    The crystals for an unknown dungeon are actually an unintended loot.
    I once got them when an unbound elemental spawned on the roof. They appear when a shame monster is spawned outside of shame. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Mervyn said:
    The crystals for an unknown dungeon are actually an unintended loot.
    I once got them when an unbound elemental spawned on the roof. They appear when a shame monster is spawned outside of shame. 
    probably you won't recall but the roof one are in red color as well? shame one is yellowish
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    Archangel said:
    Well, I do't know what went wrong with my character. I did the spawn on Origin with a large group, and it was fun, but I got NOTHING, zilch, zero, nada, and I was killing as good as I was getting killed. Anybody else do this and not get a drop?   :(

My only guess would be I did it on my mage, who didin't finish Julias quest becauseof the Unbounded pinky. Could that be the reason , and only toons that have finished the first part ae able to get the drops?  

I'll try again tomorrow on my sampy once I bring him in back from a shard he was visiting......
    I completed the spawn and got the Talisman with a mage (and account) that has not done The Black Gate quest. 

Did you complete the spawn on a subscribed account or an Endless Journey account? Did you get looting rights on Batlin? Was your backpack Full?
    Hi, I completed it on a veteran paid account, My backpack was not full and I got looting rights.. Thing is the game froze on me or lag, had to re-log in, and well, found nothing...   also myspeech did'n show on chat, and all was unresponsive by the end of spawn   :(
  • Archangel said:
    Hi, I completed it on a veteran paid account, My backpack was not full and I got looting rights.. Thing is the game froze on me or lag, had to re-log in, and well, found nothing...   also myspeech did'n show on chat, and all was unresponsive by the end of spawn 
    I didn't realize it, but others have pointed out that sometimes you can get looting rights on Batlin, but not get a talisman. Sounds like you might just have to redo the spawn. Hopefully you'll get the tali the 2nd time around!
    -Arroth