Are the butchers easier this year or does a demon slayer make that much of difference?

Just finishing up my second year in UO.  Really could not do much with butchers last year but now with the demon slayer I got during the invasion event I can take them down.  Know this slayer does double or triple damage but it just seems to me It does a lot more than that.  Also, have a mage mastery this year but usually do not actively use it on the butchers.  Usually, flame strike does the job quite well.  Have also raised spell damage by about 15 to 20%.  Was just wondering if anyone else had noticed a difference.   Thanks.

Comments

• MargeMarge Posts: 720
    It's all from the slayer - I love slayers.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Thanks Marge. It really makes a huge difference. 5 or 6 hits is all it takes.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Takes me 3 flames and an energy bolt to kill them.  Hard part is getting to the body with all the named skeles on LS.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Yes the skeleton knights are a pain.  Mage mastery while holding an undead slayer will drop one.  If more I lead them away and then paralyze.  Like their names.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    The black gate spawn kills so many, I've seen 10 to 15 named skeles follow me around.  Sometimes I lead them away from the cemetery. Looks pretty funny having them follow the leader.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.