The Black Gate Champ Spawn *Spoiler Thread*

Comments

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    For those saying it's impossible on a sampire, I completed the first one on mine. It wasn't easy! But I did it. Had to run to the bank to get more slayer weapons...batlin kicked my butt! And yes the stone eles stun is a pain but it doesn't last long....I died maybe a dozen times...MORE BONES FOR ME MUAHAHHAH!!! 

I like it...we are doing it for the third time now...well...as soon as it lets us respawn it...the timer is LONG ZzzZZzzzz

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited October 2020
    @Aragorn and @Kickstand ; Its easy to do all levels as a Sampire or other melee.

There were many sampires doing it on LS.  I ran that type toon on 1 account.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Larisa said:
    I like it...we are doing it for the third time now...well...as soon as it lets us respawn it...the timer is LONG ZzzZZzzzz
    Can't you just pop it with Valor?
    -Arroth
    Larisa said:
    Can't you just pop it with Valor?
    After the delay yes.  All spawns have delays. This one is long.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Yes a very long delay. We stood there until the body decayed....then all the loot decayed....and still we waited lol...maybe...20 minutes? I didn't time it but it's a long wait.

• I hear its not one per account but one per shard.
    Maybe that's not intended but people should check to see before it gets hotfixed.

Unconfirmed but thats what I was hearing so if others are taking advantage of it you might as well do it to.
  • The wait is approximately half an hour from Batlin dying to

Posts on Stratics identify the "participation" reward, which as described seems not to be limited, as a nifty-looking cube.  I'm a little concerned that I've seen none of them though, after working the spawn 4 or 5 times or so.  I'll try more, for RP reasons, one way or another.

I note my fellow players for some reason found it necessary to make political references and shard consolidation references in this thread....Very odd.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    you can definitely get the talisman on multiple shards using the same account.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    edited October 2020

I note my fellow players for some reason found it necessary to make political references and shard consolidation references in this thread....Very odd.
    I was under the impression that the new spawn density was based on the amount of players participating.  So, that would be a relevant topic.  This is the first time their new spawn system has been live on production shards. We should be discussing how the amount of players affects the spawn density. The devs spent a long time on these dynamic spawns.

Also you should ignore trolls who have made 5 posts. And the big troll.
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    Well, I do't know what went wrong with my character. I did the spawn on Origin with a large group, and it was fun, but I got NOTHING, zilch, zero, nada, and I was killing as good as I was getting killed. Anybody else do this and not get a drop?   :(

My only guess would be I did it on my mage, who didin't finish Julias quest becauseof the Unbounded pinky. Could that be the reason , and only toons that have finished the first part ae able to get the drops?  

I'll try again tomorrow on my sampy once I bring him in back from a shard he was visiting......
  • qweryqwery Posts: 23
    If you can only get one per account, it's going to be hard to clear it when the number of participants is low.
    Can I get a Talisman for my Endless Journey character?
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Kickstand said:
    How exactly do they expect the people who play a sampire on dead servers to complete this? Making the stone elemental stuns makes it impossible to move the spawn
    They want, is my understanding, this spawn NOT to be a Solo thing but for a group to work on...

My suggestion is to make good use of the General Chat and ask for fellow players to join to work the spawn....
    Kickstand said:
    Aragorn said:
    It's actually their intention to make this spawn non sampire friendly:
    So screw the people who don't play mages or tamers on a dead server because they like to play alone? Sounds awesome!
    How many Powerscrolls on that dead server have these players with Sampires been able to collect, over the years, without worries to be raided because they were doing it on a dead server and then go sell them for good gold on Atlantic ?

That this new spawn is not friendly to their templates concerns me the least, I think that all of the enormous advantages that they have had throughout the past time with that sampire far outdo the current, very little, disadvantage.......
    Aragorn said:
    McDougle said:
    Kickstand said:
    They already have a limitation to 1 drop per account so there should be no reason as to why one can't do this alone on a sampire...
    Its a champ spawn and boss you shouldn't be able to do it alone...
    you know people do solo the roof

i have to agree with Kickstand if the reward is 1 per account, it shouldn’t limit you what type of build you want to play. if you make it difficult for sampire, make it difficult for tamer where pet will go wild or for mage where summons will be eaten as well. 
    Contrary to a Sampire, it is way more difficult for a Tamer or Mage to solo a Champion spawn and thus get Powerscrolls.

No need to further penalize them, I think.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    edited October 2020
    qwery said:
    If you can only get one per account, it's going to be hard to clear it when the number of participants is low.
      you cannot get the drop on an EJ account.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Have any of you pontificating about templates actually tried this spawn?  It's not friendly to ANY template. Sampires are dying, mages are dying, tamers and pets are dying. NO ONE is going to solo this one.
    Yes, it's one main drop per account, but we don't know yet if there is a use for the cubes. I've done the spawn a couple of times now, and not had a cube drop.  I will do it again in hopes of getting one, and because I've got the talisman, I will concentrate on keeping the regular spawn off the ones trying to kill the champ.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Some posts have been removed for violation of rule 7 of the Terms of Service.
  • qweryqwery Posts: 23
    CovenantX said:
    qwery said:
      you cannot get the drop on an EJ account.

That's a shame... I wish I could have gotten a lot of them because the resistance seems to be random.
    But it's no use. Thanks for telling me.
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    Top one on Atlantic

this one on Sonoma, same account
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    edited October 2020
    died too many times when stunned by stone elemental and not dealing damage, is the stone shoes trick working here ? 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    CovenantX said:
    you can definitely get the talisman on multiple shards using the same account.
    Has anyone else confirmed?? Thinking of transferring my tamer to another shard since I already did it with my Samp (I got a tali with poison resist yuck).
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited October 2020
    Archangel said:
    Well, I do't know what went wrong with my character. I did the spawn on Origin with a large group, and it was fun, but I got NOTHING, zilch, zero, nada, and I was killing as good as I was getting killed. Anybody else do this and not get a drop?   :(

My only guess would be I did it on my mage, who didin't finish Julias quest becauseof the Unbounded pinky. Could that be the reason , and only toons that have finished the first part ae able to get the drops?  

I'll try again tomorrow on my sampy once I bring him in back from a shard he was visiting......
    I completed the spawn and got the Talisman with a mage (and account) that has not done The Black Gate quest. 

Did you complete the spawn on a subscribed account or an Endless Journey account? Did you get looting rights on Batlin? Was your backpack Full?
    -Arroth
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    After getting the talisman, is there any reason to redo the champ again? If not, then eventually no one will clear the boss and it cannot be soloed... so latecomers will not have fun?
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Seth said:
    After getting the talisman, is there any reason to redo the champ again? If not, then eventually no one will clear the boss and it cannot be soloed... so latecomers will not have fun?
    Evidently you can get participation rewards for the spawn and it won't respawn unless you clear the champ. The participation rewards also seem to be fairly rare, so if you want one, looks like the champ will need to be cleared and the spawn run quite a few times.
    -Arroth
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Seth said:
    Evidently you can get participation rewards for the spawn and it won't respawn unless you clear the champ. The participation rewards also seem to be fairly rare, so if you want one, looks like the champ will need to be cleared and the spawn run quite a few times.

@Arroth_Thaiel Thanks, has anyone received this reward? Maybe I missed the official note about participation rewards, its definitely not on the front page news.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Throwing another voice behind Seth's question: Has any one actually gotten the cube mentioned on Stratics, or some other "participation" reward?  Anything other than the one-per-account-per-shard talisman?
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    The participation reward reward is the talisman - everyone gets one. The other drop is the cube. I only did it once so far and didn't get a cube. I have heard other saying the got one each time they finished the spawn.
    The more traditional drops for turn in, I believe, will be with the event they are rolling out next week. That event should be the Undead Lords they were talking about in the newsletter.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited October 2020
    Seth said:
    @ Arroth_Thaiel Thanks, has anyone received this reward? Maybe I missed the official note about participation rewards, its definitely not on the front page news.

Marge said:
    The participation reward reward is the talisman - everyone gets one. The other drop is the cube. I only did it once so far and didn't get a cube....
    "Final reward drops from the Black Gate Champ Spawn are limited to one per account.  Participation rewards are unlimited."

https://uo.com/2020/10/02/the-black-gate-champ-spawn/

@Marge, the final reward drop is the talisman, limited to 1 per account. The "cube" seems to be the participation reward for fighting the spawn.

@Seth, the article was posted to the front page of UO, then quickly buried by the new fiction. Seems many didn't see the champ spawn info.
    -Arroth
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662

these are found on the corpse

a mysterious cube is a pack drop
    both you can get multiple times
  • @Cinderella

If you don't mind sharing, what does the tooltip say for the little crystals?
    Any particular corpse those crystals are found on, or can they be found on any of the corpses at the spawn?

I've run two spawns now and haven't gotten a cube or any crystals. Poor me. Guess I have to run more spawns!
    -Arroth